Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Thanks eze and PghTGrlLvr, it's good to have an idea of the sport before I start watchin it. I think I'll watch a few games first, before I choose a team to see what style I like.

Appreciate the help..

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

What's interesting is the now very real possibility of NE going undefeated while Miami goes winless at the same time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    What's interesting is the now very real possibility of NE going undefeated while Miami goes winless at the same time!!!
    12/23 It's all in their hands. Shula and Mercury Morris are counting on them.

Professional Poster

just some observations: you guys forgot about the tuck rule--- the fact that the Patriots got to the Super Bowl on some ridiculous, obscure rule when the Raiders beat them in everyone's eyes. Then they play in a political Super Bowl that the government turned into a propaganda opportunity, and they (the PATRIOTS) beat a team that could've never beaten in a million tries. These are the reasons people began hating the Pats.
    American football does stop and start alot. I believe it's less than 10 mins of actual play in a game. But it's the world's number one team sport bar none---you have so many guys with different responsibilities, but none can succeed without the other---awesome.
    Dallas is probably the most glorified team. Because they garnered the moniker "america's team" they are hated by most everyone except their fans.But it's not a "I hope they die and maggots eat their flesh" type of hate like the Pats have garnered. Patriot hate is a fairly new phenomenon... no one hated Steve Grogan and company. Cowboy hate, however is traditional.

Professional Poster

I hate the Pats...that said, if there isn't a blizzard or monsoon when they play the Steelers, and Tom Brady doesn't get hurt...they win the Superbowl with a 19-0 record. But I'm hoping for the first ever blizsoon after the truck runs Brady over, then backs over him again just to make sure they did the job!

Alright Then.

Pats 27 Steelers 21. Fucking cold and wet.

Junior Poster

Just got back in town after a couple of days away so just a quickie for now.
    If the Steelers come out flat they'll likely get their asses handed to them, though they usually make great ajustments at 1/2 time. If they come out on fire which I hope, they will ruin the Pats fans whole season. If James Harrison goes on another QB hunt, Brady had better watch out because HE WILL get hurt, which means NE's winning season is over.
    What would be ironic is if NE goes undefeated till wk. 14 and the 'Fins go winless and the 14-0's get beat by the 0-14's. NOW THAT WOULD BE FUCKIN' HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More later guys and perhaps a prediction on PGH/NE score.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Junior Poster

Oh, ezed................cold and wet, favor Steelers. Ben grips a wet football better than most, the Steelers LOVE rotten weather, and Fast Willie Parker is on fake grass and goes well over 100 yds. When that happens the Steelers NEVER lose. NEVER.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steelerswillieandward_179.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	655.1 KB 
ID:	150378  

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by PghTGrlLvr
    Just got back in town after a couple of days away so just a quickie for now.
    If the Steelers come out flat they'll likely get their asses handed to them, though they usually make great ajustments at 1/2 time. If they come out on fire which I hope, they will ruin the Pats fans whole season. If James Harrison goes on another QB hunt, Brady had better watch out because HE WILL get hurt, which means NE's winning season is over.
    What would be ironic is if NE goes undefeated till wk. 14 and the 'Fins go winless and the 14-0's get beat by the 0-14's. NOW THAT WOULD BE FUCKIN' HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More later guys and perhaps a prediction on PGH/NE score.
    hey m77 & ezed,
    i think this guy is looking for an avatar and signature bet against your pats next sunday.

Junior Poster

partlycloudy,
    I don't understand your statement. Is there supposed to be a comma or something in there?

All I gotta say is...............
    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!
    Attached Images Attached Images