Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Junior Poster

esed,
    As far as Shula's comments reinvigerating the Pats, they don't need it. They're already playin' with a chip on their shoulder. Only problem is, anger can sometimes get in the way. Did you see Brady jawing at the Colts OLine after taking the knee, somebody's gonna whack that boy and his attitude. As for Vrabel, he used to be a Steeler. He was always good, probably the best NE has next to "The Golden Boy".
    Trust me, Brady is without a doubt the best QB in the league right now. He doesn't choke under pressure as quickly as Manning, but he does get rattled when you knock him on his ass a few times. Ben just escapes. Last year was the abborishsion (sp) for Ben, now he's back to his true form. Not saying they WILL beat NE next month but don't ever doubt that they CAN. Any given Sunday as the saying goes.
    Sure wish it was 1:00 at Heinz Field though.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Junior Poster

The Cowboys!! Gimme a break. I told you, the Cowboys are in the NFC. No NFC team is going to win the SB in this decade. The only thing Boomer Esiason was doing when he named the Colts/Pats game SB 41 1/2 was hoping that 2 AFC teams could play in the SB.

Also.....go ahead, keep dismissing the Steelers. I can guarantee you Belechick and Brady aren't. That's what fans do, not professionals who play the sport.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Junior Poster

And yeah 77, you guys have a good chance of going undefeated in the regular season. I seriously doubt it will happen, it rarely does. Hence the Dolphins record still stands some 35 yrs. later. There's 7 games left in the season and even without injuries, somebody can have a really good day and punch the Pats in the mouth. Could be the lowly Jets or the Dolphins. I've been watching the pro football since before the merger and alot of strange shit happens.
    Team spirit is one thing but reality usually come a knockin' sooner or later.

Junior Poster

That's not at you that was with you. I actually laughed out load when I read it.
    Gotta love friendly sports banter!!

Junior Poster

Check ya later my friend.

PghTGrlLvr,

I must admit you are the best of the rest that we have to face. I've been following the Steelers since the start of the season. And I've been apprenhensive about our meeting. Second to only the colts. If one team has the stars aligned to beat us, it is the Giants. They'll be desparate, and we'll be sitting pretty and maybe resting players.

The Dolphins, were a wild card, out of the blue upset but Shula killed that threat.

The Steelers? No, we'll still be pumped and roll over you like a hot car. Good defense, but not that good.

Junior Poster

Well guys,
    After we kicked the shit out of the Ravens (and the great Ray Lewis) on MNF, we next come back in the 2nd half and beat Cleveland (who are starting to put together a decent offense). Look out boys, we're coming to your town to play some smash mouth football soon!!
    Here's a nice little quote from one of our DE's.
    "All I ever hear is about [Tom] Brady and Peyton [Manning], but this guy we have here is very special," defensive end Brett Keisel said. "He makes plays those guys don't make and that's what makes him so special. He can get out of the pocket, he can create, he's a beast and we're glad he wears black and gold."
    Don't ever count out the black & gold. Yesterday, Boomer Esiason who [u]HATES The Steelers said he thinks they are better and a more complete team than Indy. Should be interesting down the stretch and into the playoffs. Hopefully everybody on both NE & Pgh stays healthy (better judge of performance) although the Steelers probably have better depth at position than any team in the NFL.
    Later.......

Junior Poster

Oh, and also...........Tell me who the hell NE has actually played besides the Colts???????????????????
    I'm tellin' ya, they ain't as good as you guys and the media think they are.

Professional Poster

The Steelers need to learn how to cover a kick off!!

Alright Then.

Junior Poster

Amen to that Oli. Special teams has been a sore spot for the Steelers since before Bobby April was STs coach. O-Line is also suspect, Ben keeps sayin' what a good job they're doin' protecting him after each game. I laughed when I heard it yesterday, I don't know how he keeps from rolling his eyes or laughing.