Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by M77
    Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    Are the packers playing the cowboys this season. That will answer the question.
    They're playing in Dallas on November 29th.

I hate next week's opponent for the Pats - Miami. Winless teams are dangerous. You let your guard down. I bet the game is closer than the Dallas game with the Pats behind at the half. But then they come back and win. Belicheck then has something to harp on for the second half of the season.
    Winless teams have nothing to lose and they are always looking to upset the best teams. That being said, i think the Pats are too good to lose to them even if they don't give a 100%. So how close of a game are you predicting? Personally i think it's going to be another blowout for the Pats.

38-10 for the Patriots.
    Me too, I was trying to be humble. Pat's 38-7. I got the spread on the Cowboys but not the score.

Quote Originally Posted by M77
    Are the packers playing the cowboys this season. That will answer the question.
    They're playing in Dallas on November 29th.

I hate next week's opponent for the Pats - Miami. Winless teams are dangerous. You let your guard down. I bet the game is closer than the Dallas game with the Pats behind at the half. But then they come back and win. Belicheck then has something to harp on for the second half of the season.
    Winless teams have nothing to lose and they are always looking to upset the best teams. That being said, i think the Pats are too good to lose to them even if they don't give a 100%. So how close of a game are you predicting? Personally i think it's going to be another blowout for the Pats.

38-10 for the Patriots.
    Me too, I was trying to be humble. Pat's 38-7. I got the spread on the Cowboys but not the score.

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

even though my 'boys got spanked by NE last week, i still think we'll atleast get to the NFC champ game. but the real super bowl will be the AFC champ game cause, as was clearly seen int the last few years, the AFC is by far better than the NFC

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Chill, M77, not all of us can be on here just as you're gettin' jiggy. I happen to agree that the Pats have a pretty solid track on another Lombardi Trophy. I don't see anybody giving then that much fight. The Cowboys, agruably the best team in the NFC, had their asses handed to 'em. Set, Game, Match the way I see it!

Professional Poster

The pats mostly play patsies this season, but they better be careful
    this week! Not saying they could lose, but their receiving corp is gonna
    get a beat down.

Junior Poster

Never count my boys out. Look what they did in '04 & '05, 15-1 then 6th seed to Super Bowl victory. Best D in the league and if they get on a tear look out. Pats and Colts are good but not unstoppable.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

Junior Poster

Hate to burst your bubble 77 but did you watch MNF last night? Granted it was the Ravens and their gettin' a little long in the tooth but almost always a tough game. If the Steelers get Willie his yards and Ben keeps shakin' off D's and wingin' the ball with precision I'm tellin' ya look out.
    Our D can stop anybody (yeah yeah except the Cards & Broncs). 16 Steelers personnel on Cards staff this year including O Coordinator and OLine coach. Broncos.....just a bad game plan from the get go. We shoulda ran the ball down their throats.
    Just remember what they did to Manning on their way to the SB. He had nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Brady can get rid of the ball quick but he's not mobile enough if we blitz all day, and our DB's can cover Moss I believe. Ike especially is coming into his own.

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction.

PghTGrlLvr
    Blitz, cover Moss. But if your doubling Moss and blitzing, who's covering Whelker, Stallworth, Gaffney, Watson and Vrabel sometimes for that matter. Or...Kevin Faulk. Or Kyle Brady.

Today, thanks to Don Shula and his comments, the Team as been reinvigorated. And don't underestimate the Pat's defense. The Steelers are a good team better than the NFC teams in a super bowl. But they don't have the weapons of the Pats. Unless Brady goes down between now and then, you don't have a chance.

Junior Poster

Ok 77 We'll tackle you first,
    Strong looking defense against weak teams.....hmmm, The Jets, what a powerhouse.....and the Dolphins, what a joke (sad to see Porter playing there but at least he's makin' good money). NE has also played the Bengals, Browns, and Bills as we have all wins.
    The only team you guys have played is Indy and they ain't got OUR D!! No, you can't count Dallas, their in the NFC (non football conference) those teams don't even count.

As for esed,
    Who said anything about double teaming Moss? And LeBeau's blitzing schemes are the best in the league. Who do you think invented the zone blitz that every team now tries to emulate?? Sorry guys, Belechick ain't no genius, but Dick is the professor of defense.
    Remember, Belechick used to coach Cleveland and we kicked their but then. Oh yeah, and who was it that took away NE's undefeated season 3 yrs ago after we took Philly the week before?

Quit believin' everything you hear on TV. The Sports Media isn't really that bright. They just hawk ratings boys.

Later.

Junior Poster

Oh one more thing...........thanks for the welcome, 77.
    Glad to be here. I'll try to contribute with thought and honor, not just ranting and such. Trash talk is fine, stupid angry comments are are not.
    Thanks again.