Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Veteran Poster

I'm generally not at all into cars but I saw this
    Lotus Elise or Exige (I'm still not sure but I don't
    remember it having any scoop on the roof so it
    must have been an Elise) and it made me literally
    stop it my tracks it was so sexy. I considered
    leaving a note for the owner and letting him know
    that I would do ANYTHING to ride in that car.

By far the hottest car I have ever seen and like I
    hear from guys on this board all the time
    "way hotter in person than in photos"

:end of transmission:

For 1.4 (Euro), which is something close to $2M(US), a person that had that kind of "Stupid Money" to throw away, could buy approximately 200 Aveo SVM 5-Doors, and give to people that need a vehicle. In fact, I challenge every individual that has secured the purchase of the new Lambho, to do just that, either in addition to or, in lieu of their purchase. It's time to pay it back!!!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    For 1.4 (Euro), which is something close to $2M(US), a person that had that kind of "Stupid Money" to throw away, could buy approximately 200 Aveo SVM 5-Doors, and give to people that need a vehicle. In fact, I challenge every individual that has secured the purchase of the new Lambho, to do just that, either in addition to or, in lieu of their purchase. It's time to pay it back!!!

riiiiiiiiight.... get yo own money

There's nothing stupid about spending $2 million on a car at all... Unless you just won $2.5 million in the lottery. Then, yes, it's pretty stupid. But anyway...

When a person who makes $60,000 or even $500,000 a year talks about how "you could get 250 fully loaded Mazda RX8s for that kind of money", it's just ridiculous. A person who can afford to spend $2 million on a car isn't going to drive an RX8. Oh, they may own a few for their kids or maybe their assistants, but as for themselves, no. Different world there, in more ways than one. For example, when the average person buys a car, they drive it. People who buy a $2 million dollar car tend to look at it as an investment. Didn't somebody mention the resale value of a McLaren F1 earlier? What about the resale value of a Ferrari Enzo? Both do far better than the resale value of a Kia Sorento, and by more than a little bit. Different world.

My point, ultimately, is that a $2 million dollar car, or even a $200,000 car, is not marketed to the average Joe; the $22,000 Hyundai Sonata, however, is. It's all about perspective, and the money you've got available changes your perspective. Top of the line BMWs, Audis, Mercedes and Jaguars are meant for the more "well to do" amongst the masses; Koenigseggs, Tramantanos, Bugatti Veyrons and top of the line Ferraris, Lamborghinis and such... those are for the truly rich, who could not be bothered to drive Bimmers, Audis or Benzes (unless we're talking an SLR McLaren, that is). Fortunately, many people don't much give a shit really, placing a value on their lives that goes beyond such material goods, but I digress. Point made, I'll move on now.

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Totally agree.

Spending that much on a car is just stupid. It reeks of new money and some type of internal self esteem problem.

"Hi, I don't have much to offer as a person, but look at my car!"

And as you speed by all the starving and poor or those working three jobs to feed their children or maybe even those who can't even afford health insurance, oh the thoughts of superiority that must go through your mind.

The richest people I know and respect drive the simplest and least pretentious cars. In fact, it's a chore to get them to buy a new one and not keep sending the old one into the shop.

A lot of people judge far too much from outward appearances. And, I guess, in a shallow world, I was brought up to look for depth, and not to believe in those outward appearances as they can be so very, very deceiving.

/rant off

E, I understand what you're saying, but if you really feel that way, then all the two car households and the people who drive $40,000 cars are just as bad as the 1% of those who can afford to buy a Bugatti.

Too many people with a Jag and a Hummer in their driveway look to the Bill Gates of the world to solve the world's problems, instead of looking at the amount of money that they themselves waste on nonsense each and every day. Multiply that by the number of people who live that lifestyle, and you have far more money collectively than Bill Gates has at his disposal, being spent on what? Habitat for Humanity projects? Saving the rainforests? Environmental concerns? No. Being spent on fashionable clothes, makeup, video game systems, and so forth.

If the masses don't put their money where their mouths are, why expect Bill Gates and Oprah to?

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    E, I understand what you're saying, but if you really feel that way, then all the two car households and the people who drive $40,000 cars are just as bad as the 1% of those who can afford to buy a Bugatti.

Too many people with a Jag and a Hummer in their driveway look to the Bill Gates of the world to solve the world's problems, instead of looking at the amount of money that they themselves waste on nonsense each and every day. Multiply that by the number of people who live that lifestyle, and you have far more money collectively than Bill Gates has at his disposal, being spent on what? Habitat for Humanity projects? Saving the rainforests? Environmental concerns? No. Being spent on fashionable clothes, makeup, video game systems, and so forth.

If the masses don't put their money where their mouths are, why expect Bill Gates and Oprah to?
    I agree.

To point at others and say since you have so much, you should be the one to do it is patently wrong. I'm just as accountable. And so many with their Mcmansions and the like are just as accountable. We're all accountable.

My point was in the stupidity of spending $1.5 million on a car. Wealth is a privilege. And in my experience here on earth I've found those that treat it as such tend to be the wealthiest of all and not just because of their holdings. They're also wealthy inside and understand the gift they've been given is exactly that, a gift...and that it's not meant to ostracize or awe...it's meant to humble its keeper.