Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder
    Your not the only one who has worked with the police, but i see i must have touched a nerve lol....

I think you protest a bit too much.. Who said criminals are revered??? The COPS are the fucking criminals as well nowadays. Illinois is a little isolated shit city....Try spreading that crap around NYC, DC, LA, PHL, or Miami and see what people say.

As a liaison between the juvenile crimes division in philadelphia and montgomery county children and youth, By and large the police, social workers and parole officers are little better then the criminals there supposed to be apprehending....and dont you think its a little fucked up that a corrupt government is the decision maker on who gets to be labeled a "criminal" in the first place???

Yeah okay....Try telling it to someone who hasnt been down and dirty in the field Mr. Fireman. My Ivory Tower is located right at the block at Susquehanna and Dauphin....

sheesh...
    LOL Illinois is an isolated shit little city? It's a good thing you weren't a geography major bro. Not to mention there are over twice as many people living in the Windy City than the city of Brotherly Hate. Looks like I touched a nerve as well.

Michael Vick, OJ Simpson, Ray Lewis, Al Capone, Jesse James, John Dillenger, Bonnie & Clyde, John Gotti, any random hip/hop or rap artist, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton, Phil Spector, Mike Tyson Hmm, what do all these people have in common???

As a liaison, I'm sure you have an unbiased opinion about the people trying to keep your clients off the streets and make your little irrelevant city a wee bit safer. Though if you're as good a liaison as you are knowledgable about basic 1st grade geography, I doubt your clients ever reintegrate into society.

Anyways, I'm done hijacking this thread. If you want to continue this, please feel free to PM me. Mahalo

Matt

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Quote Originally Posted by BBaggins06
    Well, he didn't say that was his opinion, rather it looked like he was making a declarative statement. And anyways libelous statements like that aren't protected. And another thing, how is that statement any different from saying something like "Tranny chasers are diseased douchebags for the most part." Mahalo

Matt
    For his statement to have been libel it would have had to have been a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may harm the reputation of the individual or group. Saying someone is a shitbag can only be considered an opinion, unless you think he was literally saying they were a sack full of excrement. Statements of opinion are NEVER libelous. Neither are statements that are truthful. And given the context of this thread, a person charged with a crime for an overly salty fast food burger, the cop doing that charging was a shitbag and any cop or other member of the law enforcement community who backed him in that is one too. If you get a bad burger, you complain at the restaurant, you don't tip, or you don't go to that restaurant anymore. That makes them a bad cook, not a criminal.

by the way, saying someone is diseased is a statement of fact, not opinion, and is considered to be slander or libel per se, a special category where the victim doesn't have to prove any damages. Thats how its different.

FK
    Thanks for the clarification. I'm no legal scholar, though I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Mahalo

Matt

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it ...

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BBaggins06
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder
    Police are shitbags by and large. And this coming from a CJ major.
    Oh really? So that makes you an expert? STFU

As a fireman, I work with the CPD and Illinois State Troopers every day so I have first hand knowledge that the VAST MAJORITY of coppers are hard working people who do a thankless job. What the f*ck is wrong with this country when the police are reviled and criminals are revered? Go back to your ivory tower jerkoff. Mahalo

Matt
    you put police on way too high a pedistal.

Come over to Detroit, buddy, and you're gonna be in for a rude awakening. Over here, the police are worse than the criminals they are supposed to 'protect' us from......don't make me have to bring up the rake incident again. Plus the police department somewhere in Michigan turned down an applicant cause...get this....he scored TOO HIGH on the IQ test. That bit seals it all for right there.

Police and other authority figures expect us to follow the laws and so on of our country.....why don't they do the same thing?

Anyone see on youtube that dude with the camcorder, busting traffic cops for violating the same traffic laws they enforce? We need more people like that and authorities must be kept in line, otherwise we have tax paid bullies shoving everyone around. The pig who arrested the 20 year old girl at McD's overstepped his authority and should not only be fired, but made certain that he never polices again, since we don't need folks like that......I could see him beating down someone for putting way too much sugar in his coffee or something.

I hope someone shits in his next meal, I tell you what.....since you are what you eat.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by braveman
    You are talking about Jimmy Justice. here's his youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyJustice4753

The charges against the McDonald's employee will eventually be dropped. this story has gone national. The police in Union City, GA have goten enough bad publicity.
    And what of the poor citizens of equally absurd charges, of which no real crime had occurred, that do not get national press coverage.

Are they doomed to be screwed by a troubled system merely because their story didn't happen to find use as a sensationalized story in a ratings based media industry?