Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_nyc
    So much better than the second floor of Show World. .
    I don't remember it that way: I remember Show World being in the basement on 8th Ave, with the big 2nd floor place around the corner on the North side of The Duece? there were a few others, but that was the biggest one I remember. Is old age clouding me?

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

he NEVER picks up his phone
    and if you're going I guess I'll go, I hate parking on Saturdays but the NYC HA Crew comes 1st so.............

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    Hey Johnny - we're the same age!
    I met the infamous Octavia at Show World, when both of her ass-plants were still in the set configuration, ah those were funny days
    LMAO @ "Show World." Truly an NYC institution if ever there was one. I owe my first serious promotion to said den of iniquity. Not surprisingly, my then boss's husband didn't think it was such a good idea that I brought her there. Time, however, has shown that I was the wiser man – since she is now my wife and all. Damn, I just love flesh and the temptations it brings. Hell's Kitchen really was the best thing NYC ever produced.

My first TS woman was 11 years ago, at the age of 25. What a journey.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Congrats, JW and everyone else, however long you've been "in the game" or "on the scene". Let's see, my very first brush with the scene was in DC in 1972, when I met the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, only to find out she was in drag. Then in '76 my future wife and I hit the clubs on Bourbon St in New Orleans and made the TS show with a half-dozen girls known, iirc, as the "cocky ladies of Bourbon St" (Papa something-or-other I think the club was; someone here I'm sure knows).

In the 80s and early 90s I hit a few clubs around Times Sq on rare visits to the city; I don't remember the names except Show World sounds familiar. I'm sure they must've been the clubs you mentioned. Had a very brief brush with a Tgirl behind glass, one of those partitions with two holes for hands or other body parts, heh. Likewise, made a couple of seedier stops in the ole Combat Zone in Boston.

But it wasn't until 2001 or 2002 that I had my first full-on intimate encounter with a stunning tgirl with the initials CP. Awesome girl, told my wife about it that day, and received her blessing to occasionally see girls (love ya, babe). Since then, I haven't looked back (except in fond memory).

Default Re: 10 fucking years in the game............................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Today marks 10 fucking years in the tranny scene for me...
    Congratulations, your player card has been renewed for one more year.

I first hit the bars many years ago when I was in the service. Young and dumb, I caught something half the time in pre AIDS days. Woke up one morning after a weekend with painful urination. The sargeant walks in with these big cups and says we had to fill the half up becuase take a piss test for drugs!

Rookie Poster

I have not posted much but when you bring up "Show World" and "NowBar" in the same thread I feel compelled. It's funny... I have been having Show World flashbacks this past week. I am a delivery guy and I kept having packages for this storage place that I swear uses the same air freshener (if you can call it that). It was hard for me not to start jerking while I was waiting for a signature :P

But NowBar was the smelly basement where it all started for me. After the Paul Mcartney concert in ... I think it was 2002.
    After 911 and before the blackout.

Don't Drink, Don't Smoke...What Do You Do?

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

I remember driving into Manhattan on Sept. 12th and chillin in the basement of Edelweiss, it was eery, people were out but everyone was nervous as fuck..........

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Rookie Poster

I didn't get out of town til the 12th. I remember my walk from the WTC to St. Vincent's hospital. Once I got off Bowery, it seemed like the city stood still. Everyone was gathered around store windows with TV's or cars with the radio up loud. I felt like a ghost wandering through the neighborhoods of lower Manhattan.
    It is hard to believe it will be 6 years tuesday.

Don't Drink, Don't Smoke...What Do You Do?

Maybe it wasn't Show World. It was on the second floor in a peep show place on the east side of 8th ave, on the north side of 42nd street, about 4/5 stores in from 8th. Some of the friendliest women, all beautiful. Wow what a rush of memories!!

"A hard shemale is so good to find!"

I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same place. Show World still is on the West Side of 8th between 42nd & 43rd.

There were actually a few other places that had an occasional TS thrown in with the GG's.

Just because you don't know about it, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist: http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=asc&start=158