Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default 10 fucking years in the game............................

Today marks 10 fucking years in the tranny scene for me. I just realized it as I was pulling stuff out of storage in one of my closets and came upon the Screw™ magazine I purchased that day. I'll never forget it because somewhere near the back of this old ass newspaper was a description of everything that was anything Adult going on here in NYC and Edelweiss was one of the items.

I drove down to Edelweiss that night and parked in their packed parking lot. This is when Edelweiss was next to the infamous Greek Diner for all of you old schoolers. Paid my $20 and proceeded in. The spot was wild for me and downstairs is where everyone seemed to be hiding. I should mention this is the 1st time I saw Mega, what a cool ass dude we just hit it off laughing at some post-op stripping down to her bday suit then walking away.

I should also mention this is the same night I ran into some of the ladies that might not grace this board with their presence but always seem to end up in BigGuy or Klikk's pics: such as Lady Porsche and Eibby.

I can't believe it's been 10 long years, shit seems like yesterday, although I don't miss Edelweiss or (ugh) Gloria Wholesome's Now Bar events at all.

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Silver Poster

Congratulations, JWBL. Get ready for the next 10 years

It's been about 20 years for me JW, but I was dl until about 6 years ago. I would drive past Nowbar and never had the balls to go in. thought it meant I is was gay.
    Then I got fired from my job 6 months before 9/11. My former company was on the 101st floor of 1 World Trade Center.
    life is way too short to think about nonsense.

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Yep.

26 years for me. I remember when Edelweiss first opened up on 26th Street...before it moved to 43rd and 11th.

That parking lot you parked in? It's a garden place now. They sell a different kind of bush.

I remember doing the Sally's/Edelweiss Shuffle. Back and forth. Back and forth. Some very, very crazy times hanging out in the old Times Square.

And so many of those girls are no longer with us. Many of them very close friends, people I loved and cared for. Taken out by AIDS, drugs, violence.

Surprised I escaped with my health and life. Anyone that was around during those times should consider themselves very lucky if they're still with us today.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Ten years ago, I was sitting in my apartment in Kenwood smoking pot with a friend of mine. She said "We need someone to work a spotlight for the drag show at the Gay 90's, easy part time job, 10pm to close". I said, sure, why not? Could be interesting.

A decade later, and I'm in charge of all the clubs equipment now. It's been a strange trip, but I don't regret a minute of it.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Thirty three years ago in May, I went full time.

I have been in this 'thing of ours' for decades. I am a 'made' woman, and
    I know where the bodies are buried, because, sadly I helped bury them.

I've known moments of blissful euphoria, and times of utter despair.

In the late Summer of my life I am much like a consiglierre, an advisor.

Been there, done that, have the physical and emtional scars to prove it,
    thankfully most have healed, I need to stop picking at the scabs though.

5 Star Poster

Default Re: 10 fucking years in the game............................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Today marks 10 fucking years in the tranny scene for me. I just realized it as I was pulling stuff out of storage in one of my closets and came upon the Screw™ magazine I purchased that day. I'll never forget it because somewhere near the back of this old ass newspaper was a description of everything that was anything Adult going on here in NYC and Edelweiss was one of the items.

I drove down to Edelweiss that night and parked in their packed parking lot. This is when Edelweiss was next to the infamous Greek Diner for all of you old schoolers. Paid my $20 and proceeded in. The spot was wild for me and downstairs is where everyone seemed to be hiding. I should mention this is the 1st time I saw Mega, what a cool ass dude we just hit it off laughing at some post-op stripping down to her bday suit then walking away.

I should also mention this is the same night I ran into some of the ladies that might not grace this board with their presence but always seem to end up in BigGuy or Klikk's pics: such as Lady Porsche and Eibby.

I can't believe it's been 10 long years, shit seems like yesterday, although I don't miss Edelweiss or (ugh) Gloria Wholesome's Now Bar events at all.
    Tranny chaser!!! lol - I'm just playin.

V

ah for me it was around 2000 -2001 ...this girl i dated would take me to this place jeckyl and hyde's ...it was right next to nowbar..i would see the girls walking around outside..i was like wtf...rest is pretty much history...

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

slightly off topic, it's fucking sad how NowBar got so many of us into this, I mean I met Allanah there so I can never really be that ticked at the location, but with her excluded the place was a shitspot for me to visit, it just happened to be where all the girls were......until the real party began, hehe

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

i had never been to any of those parties...for starters i would of never been able to find nowbar on my own back then ...my first party was that sandy michelle party where allanah was the guest host ...that was an interesting night to say the least..

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time