Default where my boxing fans at?

we've all heard about how boxing is dead but it looks like they're making an effort to come back.

joe calzaghe/mikkel kessler
    ricky hatton/floyd mayweather jr.
    manny pacquiao/marco antonio barrera
    ricardo mayorga/fernando vargus
    kelly pavlik/jermaine taylor
    miguel cotto/shane mosley
    tito trinidad/roy jones jr.

granted, they're more what if match ups than major fights.

calzaghe and kessler are both undefeated so neither one is gonna want to go down without a fight.

pretty boy is gonna school hatton.

pacman and barrera are scrappy so it should be entertaining.

mayorga and vargus are bums and i hope they end each others careers.

taylor was supposed to be the next big star but he's been pretty lackluster in his fights. this fight with pavlik might make or break taylor.

cotto/mosley is the fight i'm most looking forward to. cotto is an up and coming fighter but i think mosley still takes it.

trinidad/jones jr is just a couple of guys past their prime looking to collect a big paycheck. roy is gonna beat tito's ass.

anybody else looking forward to these?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rookie Poster

sorry but I gotta agree with the beginning of your post, IMO boxing is pretty much dead, it just doesnt have the variety that MMA offers, many boxers would fall to a well rounded MMA fighter, and when you have boxers like Mayweather saying that a boxer will destroy an MMA fighter but can't back up his claims then that pretty much says it all, Din Thomas has already publicly challenged Mayweather but I havent heard any response. Boxing had its time but MMA is just coming on too strong nowadays

Rookie Poster

not to mention IMO MMA is a safer sport than boxing, in boxing you are constantly getting punched in the head and when you drop you are given a chance to get back up and get pounded in the head some more which increases the chance of brain damage where as in mma once you drop the ref pretty much stops the fight, sure you might break, sprain, tear and or dislocate something by way of a hold by I'd rather have that type of injury than permanent brain damage from being constantly pounded in the head

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Boxing's not dead, but the hype around it is. There's a lot of options now. MME is good, but I'm a pugulistic man myself.

There's some good stuff coming up, but nothing near classic to me

joe calzaghe/mikkel kessler - I'm tired of Calzaghe, he's good, but he needs to come to the states and fight bigtime, at least once.
    ricky hatton/floyd mayweather jr. - PBF is good, real good. Sure he's got haters and critics, but Hatton got beat up by collazo even tho he got the decision. We'll see, I say PBF
    manny pacquiao/marco antonio barrera I love to watch the little guys fight.
    ricardo mayorga/fernando vargus - Won't happen, some issue with Vargas
    kelly pavlik/jermaine taylor- Bad intentions has looked horrible the last 2 fights. But he's fighting a righty who will come after him, should be good.
    miguel cotto/shane mosley - Hmm, if shane dances out the way of all those body shots he'll be victorious
    tito trinidad/roy jones jr. - Roy's too big, end of story.

too much french fries, not enough shakes...