View Poll Results: Do you guys think he is guilty and gay?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and without a doubt!

19 65.52%
  • No.

8 27.59%
  • Maybe..who knows?!?

2 6.90%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Default Guilty or not guilty?

Senator's Bathroom Bust Caught On Tape

here's more bad news for Idaho Republican Sen. Larry Craig.

A recording of his arrest at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport on charges of lewd behavior in a bathroom has been made public. CNN aired portions of the tape on Thursday.

"I need to make this quiet," Craig is heard saying, before the officer reads him his Miranda rights. Craig tells the officer he understands his rights, and then the two engage in a sometimes heated discussion about events leading up to the arrest.

"I don't seek activity in bathrooms," he says at one point on the tape.

The officer who arrested Craig in a police undercover operation at an airport men's room accused the senator of lying to him during the interrogation.

On the tape, the Idaho Republican senator, in turn, accuses the officer of soliciting him for sex.

"I'm not gay. I don't do these kinds of things," Craig told Sgt. Dave Karsnia minutes after the two men met in a men's room at the airport on June 11.

"You shouldn't be out to entrap people," Craig told the officer. "I don't want you to take me to jail."

Karsnia replied that Craig wouldn't be going to jail as long as he cooperates.

At one point during the interrogation, the officer told Craig: "You're not being truthful with me. I'm kind of dissapointed in you, senator."

Police: Pattern Followed

Craig's alleged conduct closely followed the pattern described in several of the arrests. In his report, Sgt. Dave Karsnia said he went into a stall shortly after noon on June 11 and closed the door. Minutes later, the officer said he saw Craig peering into his stall through the crack between the door and the frame.

After a man in the adjacent stall left, Craig entered it and put his luggage against the front of the stall door, "which Sgt. Karsnia's experience has indicated is used to attempt to conceal sexual conduct by blocking the view from the front of the stall," said the complaint.

The complaint said Craig then tapped his right foot several times and moved it closer to Karsnia's stall and then moved it to where it touched Karsnia's foot. Karsnia recognized that "as a signal often used by persons communicating a desire to engage in sexual conduct," the complaint said.

Craig then passed his hand under the stall divider into Karsnia's stall with his palm up and guided it along the divider toward the front of the stall three times, the complaint said.

The 40 others caught up in the sting, according to the police reports, included airport and airline employees, an account executive with Revlon, an IT consultant for Ernst & Young, a 3M executive and a Lands End employee.

Support Waning

News of the tape comes the same day that a member of the Senate Republican leadership suggested Craig resign in the wake of his guilty plea to the charges.

Nevada Sen. John Ensign, who chairs the party's senatorial campaign committee, told The Associated Press that it's a different situation between pleading guilty and "just being accused of something."

Ensign stopped short of calling on Craig to resign his seat, but said that's what he would do if he were in Craig's position. He said that Craig will have to make that decision on his own, but said he thinks the pressure "will continue to build."

Craig has agreed to step down from his committee posts.

"Sen. Larry Craig has agreed to comply with Leadership’s request that he temporarily step down as the top Republican on the Veteran Affairs Committee, Appropriations Subcommittee on the Interior, and Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee on Public Lands and Forests. This is not a decision we take lightly but we believe this is in the best interest of the Senate until this situation is resolved by the Ethics Committee," said a statement by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, Republican Whip Trent Lott, Conference Chairman Jon Kyl, Policy Committee Chair Kay Bailey Hutchison, and Senatorial Committee Chair John Ensign.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., the state where Craig was arrested, became the first senators to join Rep. Peter Hoekstra, R-Mich., urging Craig's resignation.

McCain, a candidate for the presidency, told CNN the decision was Craig's to make, "but my opinion is that when you plead guilty to a crime, you shouldn't serve. That's not a moral stand. That's not a holier-than-thou. It's just a factual situation."

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, another GOP presidential hopeful, in whose campaign Craig was playing a prominent role until he quit amid the scandal, told CNBC, "He's disappointed the American people." But he stopped short of calling for Craig's resignation.

Craig's "I'm not gay" declaration is not sitting well with some gay activists, either, some of whom view Craig, a family-values conservative, as a classic hypocrite tragically imprisoned by the "homophobia" he helped to create.

Matt Foreman, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, said Craig contributed to his own problems by living in denial. Foreman said most people living in the closet, particularly those in power, dig themselves in so deeply "they can't see a way out."

William Leap, an anthropology professor at American University, said his research indicates that up to half of those who engage in male bathroom sex would consider themselves heterosexual.

SOURCE: http://www.wnbc.com/news/14015119/de...p=nationalnews
    __________________________________________________ ____________

What do you guys think? LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

HJT...
    Nice to see you, especially your rear bumper! The guy is as guilty as they come. The cop had no idea whom he was nailing, didn't care, didn't have the time for harassing anyone. No doubt, he stays pretty busy, anyway.

Thanks CORVETTEDUDE. :P

I know he is guilty and gay but now he is denying everything!?! WTF is that? LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Thanks CORVETTEDUDE. :P

I know he is guilty and gay but now he is denying everything!?! WTF is that? LOL

~Kisses.

HTG
    I think he lives near that river in Egypt...da Nile...Sorry, bad joke...he's built a life where he can say he is a good christian conservative, keeping his 'urges' confined to public restrooms, never examining what he really is. I voted guilty...Nice to see you again HJTG.

Alright Then.

Gold Poster

The tape is illrelevant in my opinion he pleaded guilty and signed the papers.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

he's a bad boy...a naughty boy...and a hypocrite to boot. here's another question: is he secretly aroused by his public humiliation?

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    he's a bad boy...a naughty boy...and a hypocrite to boot. here's another question: is he secretly aroused by his public humiliation?
    That could be correct! I know alot of gay men are aroused by public bathroom tryst. Look at George Michael! LOL

~Kisses.

HTG

Junior Poster

Default Re: Guilty or not guilty?

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl

Senator's Bathroom Bust Caught On Tape

here's more bad news for Idaho Republican Sen. Larry Craig.

A recording of his arrest at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport on charges of lewd behavior in a bathroom has been made public. CNN aired portions of the tape on Thursday.

"I need to make this quiet," Craig is heard saying, before the officer reads him his Miranda rights. Craig tells the officer he understands his rights, and then the two engage in a sometimes heated discussion about events leading up to the arrest.

"I don't seek activity in bathrooms," he says at one point on the tape.

The officer who arrested Craig in a police undercover operation at an airport men's room accused the senator of lying to him during the interrogation.

On the tape, the Idaho Republican senator, in turn, accuses the officer of soliciting him for sex.

"I'm not gay. I don't do these kinds of things," Craig told Sgt. Dave Karsnia minutes after the two men met in a men's room at the airport on June 11.

"You shouldn't be out to entrap people," Craig told the officer. "I don't want you to take me to jail."

Karsnia replied that Craig wouldn't be going to jail as long as he cooperates.

At one point during the interrogation, the officer told Craig: "You're not being truthful with me. I'm kind of dissapointed in you, senator."

Police: Pattern Followed

Craig's alleged conduct closely followed the pattern described in several of the arrests. In his report, Sgt. Dave Karsnia said he went into a stall shortly after noon on June 11 and closed the door. Minutes later, the officer said he saw Craig peering into his stall through the crack between the door and the frame.

After a man in the adjacent stall left, Craig entered it and put his luggage against the front of the stall door, "which Sgt. Karsnia's experience has indicated is used to attempt to conceal sexual conduct by blocking the view from the front of the stall," said the complaint.

The complaint said Craig then tapped his right foot several times and moved it closer to Karsnia's stall and then moved it to where it touched Karsnia's foot. Karsnia recognized that "as a signal often used by persons communicating a desire to engage in sexual conduct," the complaint said.

Craig then passed his hand under the stall divider into Karsnia's stall with his palm up and guided it along the divider toward the front of the stall three times, the complaint said.

The 40 others caught up in the sting, according to the police reports, included airport and airline employees, an account executive with Revlon, an IT consultant for Ernst & Young, a 3M executive and a Lands End employee.

Support Waning

News of the tape comes the same day that a member of the Senate Republican leadership suggested Craig resign in the wake of his guilty plea to the charges.

Nevada Sen. John Ensign, who chairs the party's senatorial campaign committee, told The Associated Press that it's a different situation between pleading guilty and "just being accused of something."

Ensign stopped short of calling on Craig to resign his seat, but said that's what he would do if he were in Craig's position. He said that Craig will have to make that decision on his own, but said he thinks the pressure "will continue to build."

Craig has agreed to step down from his committee posts.

"Sen. Larry Craig has agreed to comply with Leadership’s request that he temporarily step down as the top Republican on the Veteran Affairs Committee, Appropriations Subcommittee on the Interior, and Energy and Natural Resources Subcommittee on Public Lands and Forests. This is not a decision we take lightly but we believe this is in the best interest of the Senate until this situation is resolved by the Ethics Committee," said a statement by Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, Republican Whip Trent Lott, Conference Chairman Jon Kyl, Policy Committee Chair Kay Bailey Hutchison, and Senatorial Committee Chair John Ensign.

Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and Sen. Norm Coleman, R-Minn., the state where Craig was arrested, became the first senators to join Rep. Peter Hoekstra, R-Mich., urging Craig's resignation.

McCain, a candidate for the presidency, told CNN the decision was Craig's to make, "but my opinion is that when you plead guilty to a crime, you shouldn't serve. That's not a moral stand. That's not a holier-than-thou. It's just a factual situation."

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, another GOP presidential hopeful, in whose campaign Craig was playing a prominent role until he quit amid the scandal, told CNBC, "He's disappointed the American people." But he stopped short of calling for Craig's resignation.

Craig's "I'm not gay" declaration is not sitting well with some gay activists, either, some of whom view Craig, a family-values conservative, as a classic hypocrite tragically imprisoned by the "homophobia" he helped to create.

Matt Foreman, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, said Craig contributed to his own problems by living in denial. Foreman said most people living in the closet, particularly those in power, dig themselves in so deeply "they can't see a way out."

William Leap, an anthropology professor at American University, said his research indicates that up to half of those who engage in male bathroom sex would consider themselves heterosexual.

SOURCE: http://www.wnbc.com/news/14015119/de...p=nationalnews
    __________________________________________________ ____________

What do you guys think? LOL

~Kisses.

HTG
    THis is fucking bullshit. What the fuck he's human he has needs. A man is a man and we are all (well most of us anyway) are horndogs. I wish one day someone would come out and just say "hey fuck you i was horny!" All these politicians all all guilty of deviant sex acts. They should shut the fuck up unless they are using my tax money for getting laid.

If he was being honest then that might have been another thing. But now he is denying everything..so who's the butt of the joke on late night telly and america? LOL

Just be out, gay and proud and stick a cock in his mouth would have gone alot easier on the public! Lmao

~Kisses.

HTG

The newspaper that has been following the Craig story closest has been the Idaho Statesman, from Craig's home state. In its coverage, which can be found here...

http://www.idahostatesman.com/1264

the Idaho Statesman has uncovered a great many other incidents, which seems to point to a long history of denials by Craig. What follows is a truncated article that highlights several of these incidents

In an interview on May 14, Craig told the Idaho Statesman he'd never engaged in sex with a man or solicited sex with a man. The Craig interview was the culmination of a Statesman investigation that began after a blogger accused Craig of homosexual sex in October. Over five months, the Statesman examined rumors about Craig dating to his college days and his 1982 pre-emptive denial that he had sex with underage congressional pages.

The most serious finding by the Statesman was the report by a professional man with close ties to Republican officials. The 40-year-old man reported having oral sex with Craig at Washington's Union Station, probably in 2004. The Statesman also spoke with a man who said Craig made a sexual advance toward him at the University of Idaho in 1967 and a man who said Craig "cruised" him for sex in 1994 at the REI store in Boise. The Statesman also explored dozens of allegations that proved untrue, unclear or unverifiable.

(snip)

The Page Scandal

Until the Mike Rogers report in October and the Roll Call story on Monday, rumors about Craig were grounded in the 1982 congressional page scandal. Craig denied involvement in 1982, but the timing of his statement fueled rumors that lasted decades. Among them were that Craig married shortly after the scandal to cover up his alleged homosexuality.

Craig and the then-Suzanne Scott had their first date on Valentine's Day 1980, when Craig was making his first run for Congress. Craig proposed six months after the scandal, on Suzanne's birthday, Dec. 28, 1982. They married in July 1983.

About a year before the marriage, on June 30, 1982, 13.3 million viewers of CBS News heard page Leroy Williams allege he had sex with three House members when he was 17.

The following day, Craig issued a statement saying he'd received calls from reporters saying they were going to publish his name in connection with the scandal. His statement called the allegations "part of a concerted effort at character assassination."

"I have done nothing that I need to be either publicly or privately ashamed of. I am guilty of no crime or impropriety, and I am convinced that this is an effort to damage my personal character and destroy my political career."

Craig alone — among 535 members of Congress — issued such a statement. In the news vacuum of the July 4 recess, the freshman Republican was thrust into the national spotlight.

Source:
    http://www.idahostatesman.com/larryc...ry/143801.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guy seems to have spent much of his life denying that he is gay, even when no one asked him whether he was or not.

When he got busted, he tries whipping out his Senate business card, in an attempt to impress his way out of the charge. He doesn't tell ANYONE that he was facing charges, including his wife and family. He didn't consult a lawyer, didn't appear in court, and chose to plead guilty to disorderly conduct, and pay a fine, in an attempt to keep the whole thing as quiet as possible.

Is that the way that a person who feels that he/she has been unfairly entrapped acts?

Is he guilty? Well, he already admitted guilt to the charge before him. He's also guilty of being a sneak. He's guilty of not being honest with his family, and those who have spent their time in support of Craig.

Is he guilty of not admitting to himself and his loved ones that he is gay? Only he can answer that question. But I do know that either way, Craig is clearly guilty of homophobia, as evidenced by the hateful legislation he has been a party to.

If the example of the Rev. Ted Haggard is any indication, those in the greatest denial seem to do everything in their power to foster a hostile atmosphere towards homosexuality, which, in turn, makes denial all that more important to them.