Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sucka4chix
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_A
    holly crap is that a real motor home?.

now thats what i dont get, what on earth makes someone go, "yes i want to sit in a big car eat watch tv, cook, and shit in the car, and then empty a tank full of my own shit and families shit, and that will be a fun holiday".
    Ever stayed in a hotel for a week? It gets kinda expensive. If you can take your own housing with you , why not?
    no cos im not a snob i dont need a 5 star hotel with bs, just a nice place, allot cheaper than any rv, not to mention who the fuck wants to have to empty out their own shit.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Falrune
    Come to think of it, the real problem with driving in California has been how our tax money has been misused and highways have not kept up with growth. That, and Volvos.
    The real problem with California, as well as other populous states, is that no one has the political courage and will to propose stopping all the concrete paving of this state, regardless of the growth. Instead of widening these 16 lane monstrocities, or creating new ones, how about placing monorails or maglevs down the center of our already existing corridors? When are we going to invest in mass transit for this state and country instead of paving over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrune
    Come to think of it, the real problem with driving in California has been how our tax money has been misused and highways have not kept up with growth. That, and Volvos.
    The real problem with California, as well as other populous states, is that no one has the political courage and will to propose stopping all the concrete paving of this state, regardless of the growth. Instead of widening these 16 lane monstrocities, or creating new ones, how about placing monorails or maglevs down the center of our already existing corridors? When are we going to invest in mass transit for this state and country instead of paving over it?
    I do not see the solution as one way or another: I would not mind seeing an expansion of various public transit systems providing that these systems can be cost:effective. However, it is clear that Los Angeles has also not kept up with it's growth, and whether good or bad, needed to make some plans for increased road traffic.

The Texas Transportation Institute in 1999 ranked the Los Angeles metropolitan area 31st among the 39 largest American metropolitan areas in freeway lane-miles per capita at .419 lane-miles per 1,000 people, 66% fewer than the U.S. metropolitan area most well endowed with freeway lane-miles per capita (Kansas City) and even fewer than many East Coast metropolitan areas with a reputation for traffic congestion such as Boston, Washington and Baltimore.

So I'm not proposing any concrete and asphalt monstrosity. But I am hoping that LA will do a bit better job of keeping-up with other US towns in relieving congestion.

Yes, I know I'm resurrecting another thread, but I had something to add so...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ford_transit_655.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	126629  

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Rookie Poster

That's an awful big vehicle to be driving around LA with only 1 person in it.

I thought those vans lost popularity because they were so hard to keep upright?

You think suvs can roll easy Those really long wheelbase vans of the early 90s & earlier were MUCH worse.

At that point its almost more logical to get a bus.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all