Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

I'm surprised they'd even sell in England (or in Europe, for that matter). Personally, I dislike driving behind them; but their size and fuel-ineffiency may be justified for some families (usually not, though). Anyway, I dislike them mainly because they obstruct my vision.

Still, my greatest road rage is aimed at Volvos. Especially the Diesel models. They are one car traffic jams on our freeways, LOL. They always have hundreds of cars behind them and about a quarter mile open road ahead of them.

Professional Poster

I was driving on the highway at night recently and saw the silhouette of what I thought was an armored bank truck, but as it got closer I realized it was an H2.
    I hate seeing any vehicle like that in a city, just like I hate seeing those wheels that spin when the car stops moving.

Whee, let's waste some gas by adding a bunch of unnecessary weight to our cars.

Professional Poster

Hey now,
    Easy on the wheelers. I happen to have a wheeler and I love it. But I do understand some of the complaints. It is a real pain in the ass to have some guy in a Hummer taking up two parking spaces in a crowded parking lo (in my opinion, he should be giving a hummer and not driving one), and having to drive behind some stupid woman and her only child making a gazillion point U turn in a busy intersection, only to leave me hanging in the intersection when the light turns red. That just pisses me off.

The only people that should drive a wheeler are those that go wheeling. If you are just a mom or dad that has to cart the kids around, go out and get a fucking minivan. It's easier for them to drive, gets better gas milage and is much easier for morons to park and turn in.

NOW THATS A WHEELER :P :P :P :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jeep_472.jpg 
Views:	1278 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	119150  

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

The H2 is just plain pathetic in my book, it isn't even a real hummer... it's just a pickup chassis with a body made to look "kinda if you're drunk and squinting" like a hummer.

Most those owners haven't a clue they could have gotten a mil surplus one for less than the cost of alot of these newer ones. When I was in HS one of the guys I went to school with got one for 25k, very cool toys.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SarahG
    The H2 is just plain pathetic in my book, it isn't even a real hummer... it's just a pickup chassis with a body made to look "kinda if you're drunk and squinting" like a hummer.

Most those owners haven't a clue they could have gotten a mil surplus one for less than the cost of alot of these newer ones. When I was in HS one of the guys I went to school with got one for 25k, very cool toys.
    You make a great point there. But let's face it, the guys that drive hummers don't buy them for what they can do, they buy them for what they are. It's a mine is bigger than yours thing.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

I'm one of those big American fat guys(6'2'' - 290 lbs). I need head room, shoulder room, a large captain's chair for my huge ass, and enough horsepower to pull me up a hill. That's why I drive a full size Chevy 4x4.

I live in LA and the people that I hate are the assholes in BMWs that dart in and out of traffic and old Iranian women in giant Mercedes' that back up into the street without looking.

Junior Poster

well I just have to say that I enjoy 4x4ing myself, although I haven't done much of it for years. but I did it in an 85' 2 wheeled drive 6 cyl jimmy. and i went on some really rough roads, and only got stuck once.

As for the hummer, I did flat deck hauling in the states once and had to haul three hummers from california back to texas on a flat deck, and I jokingly asked the Sgt. in charge if it would be ok if one of them "accidentally" fell off my truck

he just looked at me for a moment and said "That wouldn't be a very good idea..." well I guess if the army wanted you to have a sense of humour they'd have issued you one

God save me from stupid people...

Junior Poster

so you hate big cars and you hate little cars

nice one

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet
    I'm one of those big American fat guys(6'2'' - 290 lbs). I need head room, shoulder room, a large captain's chair for my huge ass, and enough horsepower to pull me up a hill. That's why I drive a full size Chevy 4x4.

I live in LA and the people that I hate are the assholes in BMWs that dart in and out of traffic and old Iranian women in giant Mercedes' that back up into the street without looking.
    uh... no.

the biggest prob in LA ... and i should know i spent a whole 5 days there... lol... is that yall actually ALLOW motorcyclists to drive between traffic at 60 miles an hour.... that shits crazy!

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet

uh... no.

the biggest prob in LA ... and i should know i spent a whole 5 days there... lol... is that yall actually ALLOW motorcyclists to drive between traffic at 60 miles an hour.... that shits crazy!
    I hate when motorcycles split lanes. Is that illegal in Texas? It should be.