Veteran Poster

Default seriously --the ratio --

yeah --what's the ratio between Tgirls and men ---is it like 1:150,000 ----somebody do the mathematics ---

I dunno ---I'd think it was an interesting question --if someone else were to ask it --

In a pyromantic way
    I'm her slave

living for her to ignite --

Junior Poster

To be honest dreamer....I had no idea there where so many MORE Tgirls than guys. I guess there are a LOT of people that feel they were born in the wrong gender. Unless its like they do in Brazil. Just get all dolled up to make a buck then return to normal. And I am pretty sure that number of TGirls is MUCH higher than presently calculated due to the fact of "STEALTH" trans people. I mean just look at Yum, and BTG, and all these other sites....Thatsa LOT of TGIRLS for which most of them felt there were born in the wrong body, or were good at being more femme than guy or forewhatever reason. Lets ya know that times have changed. and transgenderism is here to STAY!

YAY!

Support Your local Tranny strippers!

*sigh*

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

How prevalent are transgender people?

http://www.apa.org/topics/transgender.html
    © 2006 American Psychological Association
    750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002-4242

It is difficult to accurately estimate the prevalence of transgender people in Western countries. As many as 2-3% of biological males engage in cross-dressing, at least occasionally. Current estimates of the prevalence of transsexualism are about 1 in 10,000 for biological males and 1 in 30,000 for biological females. The number of people in other transgender categories is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by yodajazz
    Ok, lets do the math. 1 in 10,000 = 10 in 100,000 = 100 in 1 million. Then the 1 in 10,000 will come to the larger cities for community support.
    So I wonder how many would be in a large city like NYC or LA? If the US is approaching 300 million then that would mean 15, 000 M to F in the US.

If you include other gender varients such crossdressers, at 2 to 3 percent
    that would mean 3 to 4.5 million in the US using the number of 150 million males.

Anyway, i have a question of my own. Can post-ops generally experience orgasms though oral sex only? A good percentage of GGs can do it; so I hear: not that I've ever tried it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    Quote Originally Posted by peggygee
    Quote Originally Posted by AGTFB
    Whoa! 1 in 10000? I always heard it was 1 in 250.

If it's 1 in 10000, how are there so many of them out there?
    AGTFB

That is is an interesting question.

I believe the answer lies in the fact that this APA article is quoting the rate
    found in Western countries.

However if you factor in countries like Thailand, Brazil, etc, then this may
    skew the results.

Also, with the Internet, and rapid air travel, you tend to have one
    large 'global village'. Thus the 'hottie' ten thousand miles away, is on your
    desktop in a nanosecond, or in your arms after a short airline flight

How prevalent are transgender people?

It is difficult to accurately estimate the prevalence of transgender people in Western countries. As many as 2-3% of biological males engage in cross-dressing, at least occasionally. Current estimates of the prevalence of transsexualism are about 1 in 10,000 for biological males and 1 in 30,000 for biological females. The number of people in other transgender categories is unknown.
    This is a fascinating subject indeed, Peggygee. I've posted some research (by others) and speculation on that research (by myself and others) in this forum and other forums in the past.

I've read various estimates from various sources (some of which have been discussed on HA, in VR's forum, and on TGT), ranging from 1:30,000 to 1:5 (the first seems extremely low, the second absurdly high; the most credible estimates range between 1:250 to 1:3000). Lynn Conway (http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conw...successes.html) estimates 30-40,000 post-op TS in the US; she also has the figure of 50,000 TS in Malaysia (a country of 22 million). Due to differing social attitudes, estimates of the TS population in a country like Thailand are probably much more accurate than in the US, where so many are stealth. Thailand's 300,000 translates to 1:206; I doubt that the US ratio of TS to the general population is nearly as great, but 1:3000 seems reasonable (+/- 100,000). It's frustrating though to search for any real data relative to the US demongraphics because there is so little hard data to work with.

However, what it means to be transgendered, as you indicate, varies from culture to culture. Many Brazilian transsexuals (those who have had extensive surgeries and HRT to emulate their ideal female form) are not transgendered in the sense that we may use the term: witness Lisa Lawer reverting to male (and she's not the only one). In Thailand, it's commonplace for katoey to not even have breast implants but simply dress very feminine and wear their hair very long, yet they are psychologically transgendered (cf. Male, Female and Transgender: Stereotypes and Self in Thailand by Sam Winter and Nuttawut Udomsak, http://www.symposion.com//ijt/ijtvo06no01_04.htm). (Of course, many katoey do indeed have feminization surgery and GRS, there's the full spectrum.)

This is only the initial stab at estimating the ratio of transgendered to the general population, and it may be far off for any number of reasons, but it's a start. The best estimates, for instance, show a ratio of 1:206 for Thailand (approx. 300,000 TS out of a base population of over 62 million) and 1:270 for the Philippines (approx. 250,000 out of 80 million), which is within the range I propose (+/- 1:300), though the cultural differences between these southeast Asian countries are extreme in many ways (all TS in the Philippines are considered gay, while Thais are considered a "third sex" or katoey, distinct from gay men and more accepted socially--though not without limitations).

In other words, regardless of what the known transgender population of any country is, there must be a statistically valid ratio of transgendered to normally gendered persons in any population, and I'm suggesting that that ratio is on the order of 1:300 or even 1:200. However, many people may not even realize that they are transgendered (as evidenced by the number of TS who comment on their confusion prior to beginning their transition, going through gay phases and the like because they don't understand their own innate nature). Moreover, some people may become transsexual without actually being transgendered (this is reportedly the case among many of Brazil's TS population, where many are actually gay men, not transwomen: see Lisa Lawer as an example). Social and cultural patterns, coupled with individual actualization, probably make it impossible to determine the ratio with any precision. But if transgenderism is innate, and especially if it stems from prenatal development (which is appearing to be the case for homosexuality), then it stands to reason that there is a statisical baseline of TG people in the general population.
    http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...=12755&start=0

Still waiting for further data....

Junior Poster

what would you say is the % of guys who like ts girls is?

LIVE AND LET LIVE.
    BE POSITIVE.REMEMBER MUCH EASIER TO BE NEGATIVE.

About 100x the number that will admit it (other than anonymously on a forum like HA).