Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default TV documentary:Taboo Sexual Indentity ( Transexuals )

National Geographic channel will air an documentary special
    on Transexuals on wednesday, 08/15/07
    Show is called TABOO: Sexual Identity.

so heads up and set your DVRs.

Default Re: TV documentary:Taboo Sexual Indentity ( Transexuals )

Quote Originally Posted by tsluva
    National Geography channel will air an documentary special
    What is this mysterious "National Geography channel" you speak of? I've never heard of it.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Veteran Poster

Default Re: TV documentary:Taboo Sexual Indentity ( Transexuals )

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by tsluva
    National Geography channel will air an documentary special
    What is this mysterious "National Geography channel" you speak of? I've never heard of it.

-Quinn
    opps, typo ..." National Geographic "

thx for point out .

Professional Poster

There are at least three involving transsexuals NG runs. There is the general one,which has been running lately. There's another that focuses on the "eunuchs" of India,their yearly festival,and the town it takes place in. (I can't remember the name for the eunuchs)

Finally there is one that involves a woman's trip down the river systems of Burma/Myanmar,a good part of which involves a transsexual shaman/entertainer she travels with.

Excuse the couch potato like knowledge. I was house bound recovering from an illness for nearly a year. I watched a LOT of tv.

Ancient Pervert.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJT
    There are at least three involving transsexuals NG runs. There is the general one,which has been running lately. There's another that focuses on the "eunuchs" of India,their yearly festival,and the town it takes place in. (I can't remember the name for the eunuchs)
    They call themselves by many names depending on which language they speak or religion they follow. In english however it is accepted to call them all "Hijra".

Finally there is one that involves a woman's trip down the river systems of Burma/Myanmar,a good part of which involves a transsexual shaman/entertainer she travels with.

Excuse the couch potato like knowledge. I was house bound recovering from an illness for nearly a year. I watched a LOT of tv.
    Now that sounds really interesting.

Professional Poster

It aired last week also. I caught most of it, quite interesting stuff. They open with some American FTM's that could whip the ass of half the "real" guys on here. Speaking of that so could the Thai MTF who's a former Muay Thai fighter. And then there were the Samoan Baba Booeys...Fafa Fooeys or something like that. They actually looked like Gary in a sarong.

My witty signature.

Professional Poster

lol they could whoop the average guy's ass, only because their on steroids.

Professional Poster

Saw it... didn't really like it. Alot of the second half of the episode played out like a freak show.

And if there's anything we need, it's definitely more freakish media portrayals.
    Dontcha think?

I checked National Geographic channel website for more info found this brief description

How far will people go to change their looks - and their life - to become the person of their dreams? In America, enter the transgender community, where some men and women undergo surgery and inject hormones to become the sex they believe they truly are. Experts including transgender artist Loren Cameron provide insight into the practice.

Googled Loren Cameron found some interesting photos on her sitehttp://www.lorencameron.com/thanks.html

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmeclaire
    Saw it... didn't really like it. Alot of the second half of the episode played out like a freak show.

And if there's anything we need, it's definitely more freakish media portrayals.
    Dontcha think?
    That's kind of harsh. The people it showed were not representative but then who the hell is? You? Me? I don't know about you but I know I am far from the average transsexual. I don't know anyone who really is that close to it either.

With a little imagination one could from the people shown on there picture all kinds of transsexuals. Between those archetypal extremes there is room for everyone. ( Kind of like using coordinates {x,y,z,t} to represent a infinity of possible positions.)