Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Re: MADDEN NFL 08 - XBOX 360

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTIQUE
    Greetings fellow gamers...

I'm finally going to step into the next generation. I'm getting an Xbox 360 by the end of the week and with it, Madden 08 (which will be on sale effective 12 midnight tonight). So how many of you actually have game? I will most definitely be on Xbox live and I need a challenge. Since I can't go anywhere or do all that much (thanks to being the victim of a hit & run on friday), I'll have no choice but to take it out on you.

Are you ready for M.E.?

*Smooches*
    I am nasty at any and all sports games... my 360 died saturday so I am sending it in to get fixed. I will be out of commission for 4-6 weeks (sounds like a sports injury lol). But, after that I would love to whip some tail.. I also get down with NBA 2k7 and fight night... gamer tag is stu2982

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

<------------------------ been playing '08 for 4 straight hours now, pays to have little cousins working summers at Gamestop

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by sam2982
    I am nasty at any and all sports games... my 360 died saturday so I am sending it in to get fixed. I will be out of commission for 4-6 weeks (sounds like a sports injury lol). But, after that I would love to whip some tail.. I also get down with NBA 2k7 and fight night... gamer tag is stu2982
    *LOL* An early phantom injury...just like T.O. & Randy Moss. That sucks that your system died though. I've heard that has happened to a few people. Hopefully I can avoid it when I get mine. Get well soon *lol* See you in 4-6 weeks.

BTW...since the prices have dropped on the systems, which is better to get? The Xbox Elite or just the regular 360?
    The elite is pretty much the same just with more space on the HD... so if you plan on downloading a lot of stuff then go for it... by the way... DO NOT get nba live... game is a joke... get nba 2k8 you will thank me

also, if you like shooters pick up a used copy of gears of war... great game and even better online... My brother is bring over his 360 with madden this weekend... so let me know what your gamertag is and maybe we can get a game in.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    <------------------------ been playing '08 for 4 straight hours now, pays to have little cousins working summers at Gamestop

lucky f*ck
    can we get a review? lol

Rookie Poster

The elite is pretty much the same just with more space on the HD... so if you plan on downloading a lot of stuff then go for it... by the way... DO NOT get nba live... game is a joke... get nba 2k8 you will thank me

also, if you like shooters pick up a used copy of gears of war... great game and even better online... My brother is bring over his 360 with madden this weekend... so let me know what your gamertag is and maybe we can get a game in.
    That's what I thought. From the descriptions I've read, it didn't seem like much more than a bigger HD. All that room won't be necessary for me. As for NBA Live Vs. 2K...I must admit, Live has been on a decline and last year was HORRIBLE!!! I've played 2K before. Great game, but I'm giving Live one last shot. They can't get any worse than they did with '07.

I'm not really big on shooters, but Halo caught my attention. Other than that, they just don't seem to keep my attention.
    rent live and 2k8... dont waste 60 bucks on live you will be very disappointed

Sorry can't help with Madden 08, we play proper football on this side of the Atlantic. I can only second what sam2982 says about Gears Of War
    the game is proper nice(awesome)you NEED to get that!

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by timxxx
    Sorry can't help with Madden 08, we play proper football on this side of the Atlantic. I can only second what sam2982 says about Gears Of War
    the game is proper nice(awesome)you NEED to get that!
    you play a little fifa?

you play a little fifa?
    fifa hell no! PES 6
    lets not fight just admit PES 6 is better than fifa

I'm not really big on shooters, but Halo caught my attention. Other than that, they just don't seem to keep my attention.
    Like you don't a big fan of shooters but Gears Of War is much more than just a shooter.Rent it l bet you will be hooked.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by timxxx
    you play a little fifa?
    fifa hell no! PES 6
    lets not fight just admit PES 6 is better than fifa

Like you don't a big fan of shooters but Gears Of War is much more than just a shooter.Rent it l bet you will be hooked.
    honestly, i haven't played fifa in years so i can't argue with ya

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel

lucky f*ck
    can we get a review? lol
    1st off let me say I am a DIEHARD Fifa fan

BUT

I've been playing Madden since the original cartridge version on the Sega Genesis back in 1991. It was the 1st game I ever bought, actually I bought the genesis and the Madden game the same day and I'll never forget all my friends with Nintendo Tecmo bowl seeing Madden and going "holy shit"

I'm gonna be honest with you, this shit has not changed much since '06, '08 to me is full of nice features but it's basically the same gameplay. I can't wait to get my hands on a PC version because at least then I'll get to test out my videocards which have always blown me away with Madden football.

If you're a Madden fan, you WILL NOT be dissapointed. I love being able to pick up the controller and just continue like I have for years..........

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ