Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Headed to L.A.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    haha thnx peggy.... chicken and waffles is a reality? i thought that was always just a bad punchline in movies lol

-j
    So it is real? I did a search and apparently it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_and_waffles

Vala,

Junior Poster

You HAVE to try the tacos and burritos at one of the many Mexican joints they have there. So good.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KO47
    You HAVE to try the tacos and burritos at one of the many Mexican joints they have there. So good.
    i live in south texas so i think im going to need more info on what a taco and burrito might be... could you ellaborate? -j

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

haha thnx peggy.... chicken and waffles is a reality? i thought that was always just a bad punchline in movies lol

-j
    No joke.

Oh, and if you see Quentin, Samuel, Jackie, Pam G. or Chris, give them
    a shoutout from Peggygee.

And if you see Vivica, ask her has she read my treatment yet, her people
    were supposed to have gotten back to me by now.

Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n' Waffles

Cuisine Breakfast, Southern

Hours Sun-Thurs 9am-midnight; Fri-Sat 8:30am-4am

Address 1514 N. Gower St

Location At Sunset Blvd, Hollywood

Phone 323/466-7453

Web site www.chickenandwaffles.com

Prices Main courses $4-$11

Credit Cards Not accepted

Other Metered street parking

Frommer's Review

http://www.frommers.com/destinations...es/D40934.html

It sounds like a bad joke -- fried chicken and waffles on the same plate. But Roscoe's is one of those places that you have to visit at least once to see how it works (and judging by the wait, it definitely works). This Hollywood institution's proximity to CBS Television City has turned this Harlem-inspired restaurant into a kind of de facto commissary for the network. A chicken-and-cheese omelet isn't everyone's ideal way to begin the day, but it's de rigueur at Roscoe's. At lunch, few calorie-unconscious diners (and they come in all colors here) can resist the juicy fried chicken smothered in gravy and onions, a house specialty that's served with waffles or grits and biscuits. Large chicken-salad bowls and chicken sandwiches also provide plenty of cluck for the buck. Homemade corn bread, sweet-potato pie, homemade potato salad, and corn on the cob are available as side orders. Granted, the waffles are of Eggo quality and come with enough whipped butter to stop your heart, but the Southern-fried chicken is addictive. Tip: The waffles tend to come a bit undercooked, so ask for them crispy.

Locations
    Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles has five locations throughout the Los Angeles metropolitan area:

Hollywood (1514 N. Gower St)
    Los Angeles (5006 W. Pico Blvd)
    Pasadena (830 N. Lake Ave)
    Inglewood (106 W. Manchester Blvd)
    Long Beach (730 E. Broadway Blvd)
    Brooklyn, New York (Church Ave)

Junior Poster

i live in south texas so i think im going to need more info on what a taco and burrito might be... could you ellaborate? -j
    Ahh yes, forgot. Texas has great food too. We're a bit deprived here in the northeast so I'm quick to point that out when someone mentions LA.

Make sure to visit Venice Beach tho, good times. Or do you guys have one in Texas too? :P

Platinum Poster

Ahh yes, forgot. Texas has great food too. We're a bit deprived here in the northeast so I'm quick to point that out when someone mentions LA.

Make sure to visit Venice Beach tho, good times. Or do you guys have one in Texas too? :P
    well we have the a large portion of the gulf coast... but its nothing like the ocean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach_342.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	200.5 KB 
ID:	116936  

Junior Poster

Just to mention:
    This white spot is me and my friends as we`re heading for west coast for some wild parties...maybe we can come to LA to meet you? I mean, if you like it...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	party_animals_140.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	116938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach_spot_349.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	116939  

"...My father was the wind, my mother was fire
    Raised by the wolves - I grew up wild..."

Platinum Poster

wow id hate to be on that boat

Rookie Poster

Good luck in LA, tsntx (from a fellow Austin T). It would be great if you could shine some positive light on our community. All the best.

Rookie Poster

Default LA

Roscoe's Chicken N Waffles is Awesome! It's a strange combination for sure, but oddly enough it works.

In-N-Out Burger is a Southern California staple as well. Great fast food burgers.

Gladstones (Malibu) A great seafood place right on the Pacific Ocean in Malibu. Great view.

Then there's the whole Hollywood scene - The Ivy on Robertson (paparatzi hiding nearby), Sunset Blvd, and all kinds of places tucked away in West Hollywood, Bev Hills. Sky Bar ( very cool ), Geisha House ( great sushi and great hang in Hollywood)

Where in LA are you staying in? LA's such a big place, there's plenty of things to see in local areas. But it's so big and traffic's a nightmare, that you could spend lots of time on the Freeway.

Hit me up if you need a LA tour guide.