Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Relationship problems......

I hate to bore you fine ladies and gentlemen with my issues as they are rare but complicated when they arise.
    So me and my girl have been together for about a 2 years or so and have grown really close. I havent felt this way about a girl since I was 10, I'm 23. Well shes in the Army and I have been able to remain faithful for the entire time she has been stationed elsewhere throughout the world. Well this March she returned from Iraq after recieving a small shrapnel wound to the head (non-life threatning). We agreed that we both felt that we could spend the rest of our lives together and we should start making plans to do so. Last week I find out she selectively extends her tour in Iraq another year and will be extended in Korea the year after. RIGHT AFTER WE DISCUSSD OUR PLANS. I asked her what does she expect from me and she states that I should remain faithful the entire time she is gone. She then callsme the next day and says she choked me in her dream because I was cheating on her (yeah I know shes crazy but thats why I like her). Now I have no problem being faithful when its required, as I have no desire to be with another woman. But to ask me to remain faithful when she selectively chose to put our realationship at risk seems a bit selfish to me. I love this woman with all my heart and I would like to marry her, and according to her she feels the same way but I dont know if I can take another 2+ years of being alone. I'm in college and everyday I pass up some of the most beautiful women I've seen in order to sustain a healthy realationship. I have written ALL of her papers for school and she does not have to pay for ANYTHING. I dont feel as though she owes me for those things as I have done them out of love, but its killing me inside knowing that its highly likely that she could be killed upon her return to Iraq. I am literally on the verge of insanity and dont know what to do. I have told her how I feel but she insists on going back. I swear if this realationship does not work out, I'm done for good. My wives will be exotic cars upon me finishing law school. I need advice gals and guys.

Wish I lived in SoCal.

Platinum Poster

you need to sit down and think to yourself if this is the girl you REALLY wanna spend your time w/ ... she doesnt seem like someone id want to... extending her tour when she had a free way out, w/o even talking to you about it... shows shes more selfish then anything and you need to decide if shes the right girl for you.... tho it sounds like youve already come to that conclusion as well

Rookie Poster

You pass up beautiful women ???????? Maybe you should learn what is more important in a relationship than beauty and sex

It's highly likely she'll be killed in Iraq ????? OOhhhhhhhhh PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!

How many female military have been killed ?

How many military total are there and what are the total deaths !?

I was there and I'm not dead

Look at reality and not the fantasy you seem to be living in

Love is suppost to be a give and take.But it looks like your doing all the giving and she's doing all the taking.It all comes down to if your willing to take this for the rest off your life because she sounds like the controling type,and thats not going to change.Shes clearly in total control of the relationship.Makeing choices like that means she belive she can do what ever she wants and you will just bitch for some time and go along with it. You need to get a handle on things.I belive she does not respect you because your a pushover,head over heels in love with her and becaues of this she belives she can do what she wants.People like that dont understand words only action.You must stand up for yourself now and let her know that even though you love her your not getting what you want out of the relationship and she needs to rethink her plans if she wants to save the relationship.NOW by doing this you stand the risk of loosing her,because your giving her an ultimatum.But it's a chance you must be willing to take if you want her to ever take you seriously.GOOD LUCK MAN.

P.S IF THIS RELATIONSHIP DOES NOT WORK AFTER CRYING YOUR EYES OUT DONT GIVE UP TRUE LOVE IS OUT THERE.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by lostinasia
    You pass up beautiful women ???????? Maybe you should learn what is more important in a relationship than beauty and sex

It's highly likely she'll be killed in Iraq ????? OOhhhhhhhhh PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!

How many female military have been killed ?

How many military total are there and what are the total deaths !?

I was there and I'm not dead

Look at reality and not the fantasy you seem to be living in
    FTR she is the bishops bodygaurd. She has been shot at on many occassions, I think recieving a shrapnel wound from a carbomb is about as close as she NEEDS to come to death. Its obvious that YOU live in a fantasy wworld if you think that there is no way in hell that the chances of her getting killed are higher there than here. You really need to think before you post. Since you are not dead, you are obviously the alpha male. Sorry we are not all like you but its obvious you have your own issues to deal with so leave mine alone. Its also obvious that you have never loved a woman enough to care about her well being. Not all of us "fuckem and leave'em" champ.

Wish I lived in SoCal.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Have you thought about marrying her, and being with her once she
    is in Korea. I do realize that you are in law school, and that could be
    an inconvenience.

Women have been waiting for men to return from battle from time
    immemorial. Currently there are many men waiting for their wives
    and loved ones to return as well.

If she is really 'the one', then hopefully you two can work this situation
    out.

By the by, you may want to let her start writing her own college papers,
    you may feel that you are helping her but in the long run, you are doing
    her a disservice.

Rookie Poster

As far as femal deaths in Iraq here you go: http://icasualties.org/oif/female.aspx

Looks like enough to me, I dont want my love to end up on that list. Lostinasia, you really need to get a clue. Look at the reasons for death. I.E.D. , the EXACT same thing that could have killed here before. She still has a small piece lodged within her skull. I dont know why but you have really pissed me off.

Wish I lived in SoCal.

Dude, obviously she will be cheating on you overseas, if she hasn't already. Snap out of it. This is just a realistic viewpoint. When a girl is in heat, nothing will stop her from satisfying her loins! Plus, what the hell are you doing on a tranny board if you are Mr faithful over here? Trends like these tend to morph into actualities you know...

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by moddestmike
    As far as femal deaths in Iraq here you go: http://icasualties.org/oif/female.aspx

Looks like enough to me, I dont want my love to end up on that list. Lostinasia, you really need to get a clue. Look at the reasons for death. I.E.D. , the EXACT same thing that could have killed here before. She still has a small piece lodged within her skull. I dont know why but you have really pissed me off.
    I can perfectly understand why you are fearful for your significant other.
    She is in a war zone, half a world away. She has been injured. And then
    to compound that you may feel that your future with her is uncertain.

As a veteran myself (of another war) I can somewhat understand her
    decisions. While in the militiary she will be accruing many benefits,
    educational, career wise, etc. The choices and sacrifices that she makes
    today may aid her for a lifetime.

While you may indeed get good advice from the forum, I would also
    suggest that you discuss the situation with other people whose
    judgement you value.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino
    Dude, obviously she will be cheating on you overseas, if she hasn't already. Snap out of it. This is just a realistic viewpoint. When a girl is in heat, nothing will stop her from satisfying her loins! Plus, what the hell are you doing on a tranny board if you are Mr faithful over here? Trends like these tend to morph into actualities you know...
    I post here because SOME people tend to be a bit more realistic and gentle when discussing. If I were to post this on a local car forum I visit. I would be called everything from a pussy to retard. Guys like to play tuff 24x7, I have no problem expressing my emotions. I just get tired of guys acting as f they have never gone through smething similar. I'm starting to believe I should just give up and lay low for a while.

Wish I lived in SoCal.