Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A-Rod on Juice?? Why the Suprise?!

Cmon people get real

776 BC dudes in the olympics were eating sheep testicles to boost testosterone

Athletes of antiquity used cola plants, hashish, cactus-based stimulants, Amanita muscaria (a fungus), and an assortment of other rudimentary ergogenics with varying degrees of success.

The first documented modern case of doping surfaced in 1865 with Dutch swimmers using stimulants. By the late 19th century, European cyclists were drugging themselves with a variety of "miracle" products, from caffeine and ether-coated sugar cubes to Vin Mariani, a compound of wine laced with cocaine, to allay the pain and exhaustion endemic to their sport.

By the time of the first modern Olympics in 1896, a broad array of performance aids were in currency, from codeine to strychnine (which is a powerful stimulant in sub-lethal doses.) In the 1904 Olympics, American marathon winner Thomas Hicks had to be revived by four physicians after ingesting brandy laced with cocaine and strychnine. He still got his gold medal, of course.
    By 1932, sprinters were experimenting with nitroglycerine in an effort to dilate their coronary arteries and later began experimenting with Benzidrine. But the real modern doping era started with the introduction of injectable Testosterone in 1935. Developed by Nazi doctors to promote aggression in their troops, Testosterone found its way onto the athletic field with Germany's Olympic team for the 1936 Berlin Olympics. Olympic winners had used oral Testosterone preparations before — notably Paavo Nurmi with a product called Rejuvin during the 1920's — but this was a quantum leap and, contrary to the legend of Jesse Owens, the Germans did win the overall medal count that year.

Now comes word that Alex Rodriguez is doping from none other than...Jose Canseco...Read here:

NEW YORK - Chipper Jones predicted Alex Rodriguez will be the next player answering questions about steroids if he gets close to breaking the home run record.

The Atlanta Braves star said Wednesday that A-Rod probably will face suspicions about steroid use — just as new home run king Barry Bonds has — because Jose Canseco recently hinted he has salacious information to disclose about Rodriguez.

"I don't doubt it," Jones said. "There's been a lot of validation to some of the things that Jose Canseco has said over the years. At first when it came out a lot of people didn't want to give him a lot of credit for it. But a lot of it has been proven true. Now, when he opens his mouth, people listen. And unfortunately, this cloud is following probably two of the best players of this century."

Canseco, who hit 462 homers during his 17-year major league career, attracted the attention of Congress in 2005 with an autobiography, "Juiced," that accused several top players of steroid use. They included Mark McGwire and Rafael Palmeiro, who later was suspended for violating baseball's steroids policy.

Canseco also admitted using steroids.

Last month, the 1988 AL MVP told WEEI-Radio in Boston that in an upcoming book he has "other stuff" on Rodriguez, the New York Yankees slugger who recently became the youngest member of the 500-homer club.

Canseco said A-Rod was a "hypocrite" and "was not all he appeared to be," according to ESPN.com. But Canseco wouldn't say whether A-Rod had used steroids.

Rodriguez has declined to comment.

"I think it will follow him," Jones said. "There's going to be the questions because his name's been brought up. If I had to pose a guess on A-Rod, I would say no. But I don't know. He's going to have to answer the questions. And that goes for everybody that approaches the number. It's just so farfetched, the numbers that those guys are putting up. And a lot of it comes from the era that they're playing in."

Bonds broke Hank Aaron's career mark with his 756th homer Tuesday night and insisted the record is not tainted. Asked what he thought, Jones said: "I'm going to reserve judgment. Let's put it that way."

"But it's unfortunate for the game that there is such a cloud hanging over it. Hopefully, everything will come out and Barry will be cleared and we can all say that Barry is the true home run champ and that there is no asterisk, there's nothing tainted," Jones said.

"There's nothing any of us ballplayers would want more, to be honest with you. Because I'm playing in the steroid era. Everything that I do is going to be judged. It's the same with a lot of good ballplayers that have put up a lot of good numbers in this era that did it the right way."

Jones, who hit a two-run double against the New York Mets on Wednesday night, also pointed to baseball's ongoing steroids investigation, led by former Senate majority leader George Mitchell.

"Time is going to tell for a lot of people, until this Mitchell investigation is complete. And it's not just (Bonds and Rodriguez), but they're the poster children because they are the two best players in the game, or have been. It's inevitable. It's just the way things are now," Jones said.

Its never gonna end...all hail juice!

Jose Canseco is trying to draw attention to himself by intimating that A-Rod is guilty of steroids. Not sure what Chipper's motive is, maybe he's just a jerk. I hope we're not getting to the point where every athlete who accomplishes a milestone will be suspected of cheating.

IMHO, If you look at pics of A-Rod when he came up in 1995, he doesn't look all that different than now. He's certainly bulked up a bit, but nothing like the before and after comparison of Bonds. Barry's entire body shape has exploded to twice the size since his Pirate days. It's hard to believe that was from a natural work-out routine.

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

I think Chipper is just syaing that as A-rod gets closer to the record, he'll have more people asking whether or note he juiced at all. Personally, their is little to no evidence that Arod has taken steriods because a) his body has developed normally from the time he came into the league and b) he has the Hank aaron consitantcy, instead of the Mcguire like spikes in homeruns. Like his old teammate Griffey, arod is on pace to obliterate HANK'S record. all thats left is to stay healthy, which will be easy at third base vs shortstop.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

I dont think many ball players are juicing anymore,why should they afterall HGH stacked w/ insulin is way more powerful than steroids and theres no test for it either.

As far as the bulking of Bonds tha can be attributed to what kind of juice he used and a lack of a cardio program.I mean theres a certain Boston slugger who looks like a total slob but was juicing for years,but due to poor training and diet he bloated instead of bulked....still crushed the ball tho....

Rookie Poster

don't believe it

Rookie Poster

I see nothing wrong with athletes taking peds but if the rules say you cant take them then you should follow the rules and testing should be done regularly

Veteran Poster

I don't think A-Rod is gonna beat the single season record ----sure is having a hell of a year though ----steroids? --who knows anymore? ---at nymets.com ---they mentioned David Wright too <---no WAY!!!!

In a pyromantic way
    I'm her slave

living for her to ignite --

well that's the official end of our civilization when David Wright gets associated with roids. Can anyone accept the fact that an athlete's outstanding strengh and ability is NATURAL and God given?

Christ, the guy still lives with his parents during off season.

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Rods don't make you better, they just enchance your stats and stamina. Would be doubles get a few more feet in lift and become homers. The conditioning and training are what it helps. If A-rod's juiced, he can afford the stuff that he won't get caught for. Don't use it right, you get messed up like Danny Tartabull and Giambi.

Proof of roids Brady "no I didn't juice to hit 50 homers from leadoff" Anderson and Luis "I only hit 50 homers once" Gonzales.
    A rod's been way more consistent than that...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Silver Poster

HGH is a steriod