Veteran Poster

Interesting. I never thought that there were transexual police officers, I figured either they'd be kicked out or be a target for criminals to think they can pull one over on them.

Vala,

Here's more...(long story, but good reading). I'm not sure how to link, since I'm new here!

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/view.php?id=11764
    Attached Images Attached Images  

good to see ya MYSTIQUE

Very interesting, Mystique. I've heard of her, but didn't know she had retired.

Professional Poster

in new orleans before the storm we had a city tow truck driver who was ts..she was kinda cute in her city polyester unifrom...but not when she was towing yer car away down rampart street...

5 Star Poster

Isn't it interesting that she was transferred just about the time she came out. Like maybe they had an idea something was up?

A TG friend of mine who's a college teacher is coming back from the summer holiday as herself! I saw her last week and she said the college was being really supportive.

Small steps.

And my friends remember, WE are essentially just the second wave of pioneers in this evolution of mankind, and of the Transgender Civil Rights Movement.

As I've said before, it was only 8 years ago that the first Trans Unity convention was held. And last March was only the Second Transgender Leadership Conference at USC.

Weve come a long way, but there is a long, long way to go toward acceptance, and equal rights.

While those who brought transgendered issues out of the closet are reaching their twilight years, and many of us here may not live to see true equality, we each need to try to support one another and make improvements for those who will follow.

Hugs,
    TS Jamie

Rookie Poster

Default as subject

There was until recently a M2F TG Police Sergeant serving with North Yorkshire Police here in UK .. she too retired recently .. I think she was also the first in the UK .. seem to recall her name was Nicola Lamb ???

Bye for now,

Poacher.

" 'Tis my delight on a shiny night,in the season of the year".