Professional Poster

Default urban planning?how does your city rate?

lets hear the rants and raves.......i live in miami and it could use some work.....too many over-priced condos for a populace who cant afford them,traffic and bad mass transit-we need a trolley car system...they want to make this into an american riviera of sorts without the incomes or cultural base to sustain that....nevertheless i dont think i could live anywhere else in the u.s...exceptin ol new orleans...

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

I’ve not been to Miami in a while. But I hear coastal cities all over the U.S. suffer similarly. The filthy rich are driving up the housing market even miles inland. Normal folk who work for a living (those who actually produce goods and services), can no longer afford rents and mortgages. The sprawl displaces people and culture. There is still no descent public transportation in most American cities, but hey, the rich don’t need it.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.