Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MacShreach
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyMagdi
    Hmm for Id say yes and no. No because I dont want to go through the pain and all the stuff a GG goes through in nine months. Plus the stretch marks and Ill have to work harder to get my body back the way it was. Yes because you have the feeling of a life growing inside you. And well youll feel happy that all that work and hardship was worth it when you hold you baby in your arms.
    Hi Magdi. I've been watching your posts with interest, though we haven't spoken before. Would you mind very much if I asked how old you are? Your comments are very much in line with what many younger natal women say, especially those with education and/or a decent job. They have the health concerns, the loss of liberty concerns, the career concerns. This seems to change about age 30.

Having seen the procedure at close range several times I know pregnancy is tough, but mainly in the last couple of months, unless the dreaded morning sickness is a problem.

Peggy already commented in depth about new techniques and I don't feel qualified to add anything there. What I would say is that I know several non TG couples who were childless (in every case because of the man having damage resulting from mumps in childhood) and have adopted, usually with very successful results. However, in private, the women in these situations usually admit they feel they have missed out on something. They do love their adopted children but they seem to feel that not having gone through carrying them...well, in part it seems to be like a rite of passage they did not complete, and in part I think they are curious as to whether the blood relationship of a natural mother to her children is somehow deeper. (I personally don't believe it is, but I'm a man and less qualified.)

Anyway I'm curious as to how transsexual women deal with this on a personal level, how you plan to structure your lives as women to include such landmark achievements. Or is it (for those who plan to have SRS) that this is such a huge watershed, a divide in your lives that you really can't see clearly how things might be on the other side of it until you get there?
    Oh my I have a stalker! YAY!!! Im 20 sweet heart.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyMagdi

Oh my I have a stalker! YAY!!! Im 20 sweet heart.
    Congrats,Sexy.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Peggy already commented in depth about new techniques and I don't feel qualified to add anything there. What I would say is that I know several non TG couples who were childless (in every case because of the man having damage resulting from mumps in childhood) and have adopted, usually with very successful results.

However, in private, the women in these situations usually admit they feel they have missed out on something. They do love their adopted children but they seem to feel that not having gone through carrying them...well, in part it seems to be like a rite of passage they did not complete, and in part I think they are curious as to whether the blood relationship of a natural mother to her children is somehow deeper. (I personally don't believe it is, but I'm a man and less qualified.)

Anyway I'm curious as to how transsexual women deal with this on a personal level, how you plan to structure your lives as women to include such landmark achievements. Or is it (for those who plan to have SRS) that this is such a huge watershed, a divide in your lives that you really can't see clearly how things might be on the other side of it until you get there?
    As you've stated we have gone ino the logistics of it, but at least in this
    post I haven't gone on record as to how I would feel about having a
    child whether through child-birth or otherwise.

If the opportunity had arisen when I was younger, I would have been
    very open to Motherhood either as a single parent or in a committed
    relationship.

Now that I am older and somewhat 'long in the tooth' I am a little more
    disinclined, and if it were to happen, it needs to happen in the next 5 - 10
    years.

Junior Poster

If there is one thing I hate being born like this, it is because I can't have children of my own. I think I would make a good mother because I have the mother instinct. I asked my boyfriend once that if we will have children and if I was a biological girl, I think we'd have beautiful and handsome children. *SIGH* since I can't do anything about it my best bet is to adopt a child in the near future. I get really depressed and cry when this topic comes to mind. But oh well! Even biological women sometimes cannot bear a child for medical or hereditary reasons. So I see myself that way to cover up my pain! *SAD*

Rookie Poster

Well I have a kid, no mom involved but it is difficult to find a woman or TS willing to accept that.
    Kids are a great thing, I wish for all of you who want one get to experience it one day

AzureScarab

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee
    Peggy already commented in depth about new techniques and I don't feel qualified to add anything there. What I would say is that I know several non TG couples who were childless (in every case because of the man having damage resulting from mumps in childhood) and have adopted, usually with very successful results.

However, in private, the women in these situations usually admit they feel they have missed out on something. They do love their adopted children but they seem to feel that not having gone through carrying them...well, in part it seems to be like a rite of passage they did not complete, and in part I think they are curious as to whether the blood relationship of a natural mother to her children is somehow deeper. (I personally don't believe it is, but I'm a man and less qualified.)

As you've stated we have gone ino the logistics of it, but at least in this
    post I haven't gone on record as to how I would feel about having a
    child whether through child-birth or otherwise.

If the opportunity had arisen when I was younger, I would have been
    very open to Motherhood either as a single parent or in a committed
    relationship.

Now that I am older and somewhat 'long in the tooth' I am a little more
    disinclined, and if it were to happen, it needs to happen in the next 5 - 10
    years.
    Hi Peggy. Thank God for intelligent people like you. Is it really possible to bear a child from that type of surgery? Has it been proven and tested yet? I hope this is true so I could save my money right now and get it done in the near future. WISH WISH WISH! By the way, you look so classy and beautiful in your avatar! Hope all is well to you.

Junior Poster

Gia, I'm adopted myself. My mother is unable to have children so my brother and I were adopted, and I feel no differently about her now, then before I knew that I was adopted. In some ways, I love my parents more knowing that they adopted me, if they hadn't god knows where I could've ended up, hell, 1 night in jail could've been the least of my problems.

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach; so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore then you men."

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Leverage87
    Gia, I'm adopted myself. My mother is unable to have children so my brother and I were adopted, and I feel no differently about her now, then before I knew that I was adopted. In some ways, I love my parents more knowing that they adopted me, if they hadn't god knows where I could've ended up, hell, 1 night in jail could've been the least of my problems.
    You are very blessed and i'm happy for you. I have no problems in adopting but if modern science can actually help ts women like me to get pregnant, I would do it in a heartbeat!

Junior Poster

Well, if you can't please adopt from the michigan area, the last thing we need are more people in my family... we're already reproducing like retarded rabbits, our numbers keep climbing, and we keep getting dumber.

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach; so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore then you men."

5 Star Poster

I'm already rasing a child, thanks. Her name is Miss Jessica...

We just bypassed all the diaper years and the teenage rebellion BS. So I got to enjoy the best of showing her the world (from the gutter up... sigh) and watching her grow and blossom into a beautiful brilliant young trans-woman.

I think once is enough.

Giggle,
    TS Jamie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jjwawona_182.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	143378  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.