Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    Opie & Antony was the show on that station in Philly. They started playing it as one of those tunes you could play and the listeners couldn't get it out of their head all day. A form of torture.

But then their producers tracked down the kid on the film and had a phone interview the next day.

He's a college kid, a very nice kid who jumped on the you tube craze and put out the song he wrote and performed. Listening to his interview, there's nothing malicious about it.

O&A has been remixing it and using it in a multiplicity of bits most have nothing to do with race. They've invited the kid to come into the studio to promote it. Don't go too deep on this.
    Yeah, I was a victim of the aforementioned torture while listening to the O&A show. Fucking song! Anyway, I heard the interview too. The guy who wrote it was really mellow and casual about the whole thing.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

Whats opposite of Chocolate Rain?
    Vanilla Snow of course!

White people can do this too!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=nTQOpibv_OA

BTW this is post #1 for me because of the new no pic rule.

Rookie Poster

pmsl laughing at vanilla snow but i didnt have the patience to listen all the way through the chocolate rain one his voice was doin my ead in

Professional Poster

I don't get it. What are they talking about?

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fitz207
    I don't get it. What are they talking about?
    They are talking about race. Listen to the words. They are pretty clever too since they never actually mention race. I finally figured it out when the guy in Chocolate Rain talked about February(black history month). Also think about the names.

Junior Poster

Heres one of my favorite versions of aforementioned dark deluge.

"What we've got here, is failure to communicate... some men you just can't reach; so you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it. I don't like it anymore then you men."