Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Marriage of Convenience

OK, I am a Federal employee of modest means, with a retirement package and genrous health benefits. Single, but with one child (Now 21 years of age), two cats (not including various strays on the grounds).

A week ago I took a header down the stairs and, by some miracle, survived. Yet, in that see-the-light-revelation stage that follows such near-death disasters, the thought foremost in my brain is that my Social Security and Federal Employment Retirement benefits will dissolve in a wisp of red tape upon my death.

On the other side of town is a close/intimate friend who works her ass off just to pay taxes and has no health beneifts and sketchy SS benefits due to years of moving from state to state and job to job.

So comes the "Marriage of Convenience" concept. Should we tie the knot at the local JP Court, she gets health benefits (And extended life benefits as well) and I get the satisfaction of thumbing my nose at the feds post-mortem by gifting her my death benefits from SS and FERS.

Are there present life benefits? Who knows, maybe she'll fuck me on the occasional Tuesday. Don't know. I can only hope.

I need opinions and comments (Particularly from the sharks on board - I know you're out there).

And to the skeptics: Yah, she knows I'm into T-gurls and thinks I don't suck enough cock to keep me happy. :P

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

I would say go for it if you are compatible. If the 2 of you could live together and get along and trust each other. Why not?

Platinum Poster

It would be a very noble act, B1...and if there is really such a thing as karma, you should receive a well-deserved boatload of the good kind...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

I would say go for it if you are compatible. If the 2 of you could live together and get along and trust each other. Why not?
    Well, it's oft been said that since we've known each other for 25 +/- years, hang out frequently, bicker constantly, and never have sex that the only thing missing is the ring.

It would be a very noble act, B1...and if there is really such a thing as karma, you should receive a well-deserved boatload of the good kind...
    Yah, my Hope Diamond is due.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Default Re: Marriage of Convenience

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    Who knows, maybe she'll fuck me on the occasional Tuesday.
    Or divorces you and fucks you for ever!

...swims off.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Default Re: Marriage of Convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    Who knows, maybe she'll fuck me on the occasional Tuesday.
    Or divorces you and fucks you for ever!

...swims off.
    Not unnoticed, especially considering the fact that of the last thirty or forty weddings I was invited to all ended in bloody divorces (Save one, but she was gay, he was gay, and both their lovers were gay, so...).

Hence my request for opinions from the sharks.

Junior Poster

If you go that route B1, make sure you make her taste, in front of you, any drink/food she prepares for you. Good idea to alter your routine also, take different path to work/home everyday.

Actually it would be a very kind gesture, and if there was a heaven, you would probably be high enough up in hell to see it.

Junior Poster

In terms of benefits (monetary, not social), have you considered purchasing long term care insurance?

If you haven't done so already, you might want learn about it...especially if you don't "watch your step" in the future.

http://www.ltcfeds.com/

Professional Poster

I've been involved in something like that for the better part of two decades Bearded.

In my line of work benefits are rare unless you're at the top of the heap. A woman I had a longterm relationship with got pregnant. She had a decent job but great benefits. We'd have never got married under normal circumstances. The fact that I'm a bastard in the true sense of the word and grew up when that carried a big time stigma made me want to tie the knot for that reason alone. So we did.

It's worked out well. The relationship is open as she is bisexual and I'm omnisexual for lack of a better word.(If it's human and I like it,I'll screw it.)

My health has gone to hell in the past five years. Her benefits have saved my ass. My hours are very flexible so I've been able to basically raise the kid with both of us working full time.

She's gets all of my life insurance and my half of the property we've acquired while the kid will inherit my interest in a family trust and other family property. If she goes first it's a similar deal.

It can work but you've got to be very clear about who gets what and get it down in a pre-nup.

I can't bitch.

Ancient Pervert.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Well my friend that is a noble, kind and pragmatic gesture.

Now that you bring it up, it may be something that others without
    children or dependents may want to consider.

From a sharks point of view though, bear in mind that no good deed goes
    unpunished. Thus I would advise that you enter into the marriage
    with a prenup to protect your 'ass-etts', while you're alive, should
    anything go wrong.

Other than that, I salute you General.