Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default kevin garnett to the celtics for the whole celtic team?

what y'all think of this one...

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

if its goes down like they say, minn win be a lottery team again and boston are now top 3 in the east easily. garnett, paul pierce, and ray allen are all 20 ppg scorers. now i dont know it ray allens points will be that high, but he's still the best shooter since larry bird and he'll keep teams from doubling garnett and pierce readily. IMO all they need now is and average PG to spread the wealth and theyll almost cerntainly make the eastern finals. Boston were already dangerous without garnett, and they'll be nuts with him.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

Junior Poster

They have a great trio, but other than that, I am not sure who else can contribute on a regular basis. They will be good, but I don't think they can even win the East.

ummmmm what? sorry. Shes keeping me occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    They have a great trio, but other than that, I am not sure who else can contribute on a regular basis. They will be good, but I don't think they can even win the East.
    beside an old miami and a disentegrating Detroit, noone else in the east is close to what boston can bring everynight barring injuries. cleveland lack depth beyond lebron so although lebron is jordans illigitmate son, hes one superstar vs. three stars. id take boston in that series.

blckhaze- A quickie in the back of a carriage going around Central park south

RubyTS- been there done that :P

I like it. Ainge has a ton of youngsters to fill in the other two slots. Best reason we've had for hope in a long time.

Professional Poster

i kinda liked the old and new players combinations before the trade-al jefferson is good and only getting better,telfair and gomes could have provided a youlthful hustle to the aging(bionic ankles)allen,and pierce..i think ratliff would have given them a good shotblocker in the post too...i dont know if trading the long run and depthe for right now was the right decision..you know they are gonna get bounced in the second round anyway.....

KG is back in the same spot he was in a few years ago when the Wolves were decent...He still has no center to loosen up the middle on offense and help clog it on D and more importantly he still has no decent PG to feed him the ball.

I think the Celts gave up a TON,but it will make them a top Eastern conf team,if for no other reason by default.However im afraid KG is gonna be titleless in beantown too.

I also like this move for the Wolves,they wont win many games this year,but Jefferson and Gomes are both solid,and this gives them alot more flexibility for other roster moves.

Quote Originally Posted by qeuqheeg222
    i kinda liked the old and new players combinations before the trade-al jefferson is good and only getting better,telfair and gomes could have provided a youlthful hustle to the aging(bionic ankles)allen,and pierce..i think ratliff would have given them a good shotblocker in the post too...i dont know if trading the long run and depthe for right now was the right decision..you know they are gonna get bounced in the second round anyway.....
    You're obviously not from Boston. Watching the Celtics last year was akin to going down to the basement and sticking your balls in a vice for two hours every night they played. Then you'd come upstairs and say maybe it won't be as bad the next game.

But it is.

We'll take the trade and be estatic about it.

Junior Poster

I posted this on another board. Food for thought if they do not make any trades.

What could have been for Boston:

PG - Rajon Rondo
    SG - Brandon Roy
    SF - Paul Pierce
    PF - Al Jefferson
    C - Yi

What team would you rather have?

Born of a broken man, but not a broken man
    Born of a broken man, never a broken man

Latrodectus mactans

Professional Poster

i dont know bout that yi cat...he seems to play a bit wimpy for his size... and postion....back to the celts...remember how many time the celtics were in the finals or conference finals in the 80"s...you think this team can accomplish that with all the new talent coming to the east(rashard lewis,jason richardson,shaq,chicago,and the revamped knicks...or the u.n squad up in toronto)..its gonna be tough fer k.g..