Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Those homos. Man+Man= Gross But that's not even the problem. The problem is that they don't use condoms. I'm scarred for life cz of this thread.

Professional Poster

lol I haven't seen it yet. It was too long. I'll watch it later. Maybe you can just sum up the important parts because those shits are long as hell.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by 62des
    Those homos. Man+Man= Gross But that's not even the problem. The problem is that they don't use condoms. I'm scarred for life cz of this thread.
    I watched both of them, found them very interesting.

D/L activity or the sexual indiscretions of people doesn't surprise me at all.

What might be interesting to note is that the MSM (men sleeping with men)
    activity cited, often takes in men sleeping with transsexuals, not just
    homeboy with homeboy dalliances.

While we here on this forum may question the accuracy of that, health
    departments, researchers, your wives, and girlfriends will say that if
    you are bedding down with anybody with the same plumbing, and hiding
    it, that you would be on the down low.

But I think the most important thing to take away from the two clips, is
    that you should know your STD status, and ideally the status of anyone
    that you are sexually intimate with, and exercise the appropriate
    precautions.

The life that you save, may not only be your own, but that of a loved one.

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Awesome. Thank you for the link. The DL is a major problem especially when it comes to HIV/AIDS.

Professional Poster

^ I dig that last quote that you mentioned. Blaming others instead of yourself even though you were sleeping with multiple partners unprotected. That puts a TON of pressure for straight guys who've contracted a disease like that. The first thought about him would be that he got the virus from another guy. That's really sad. There's so many false assumptions about how to tell. They mentioned exchanging phone numbers??? Haven't they ever heard of friends that get together to go out looking for women? I'm really confused. But I do get the part where the guy said that he gave him a card without even knowing him. Although I'd only exchange numbers with businessmen and friends that I already know. That card thing was definitely gay though. It makes me offended a little as a man because now women have to look at you and wonder. That would seem a bit uncomfortable. But I have another thought. Why the hell would guys talk about this topic? Just out of the blue come out and say so what's up about this DL thing? If you're a guy, why would that even need to be brought up when you're into women. I think that's a really dumb question. But it does make sense that us guys talk about the women who sleep with women behind closed doors. That's a different story though because we're trying to get with women and I can't lie that thought pops in my head sometimes. Why worry about DL men when you like women. I guess this DL thing is mutual for both men and women but the world has the emphasis on men.

Professional Poster

^ Why did you quote me? The quote was about guys talking about other guys on the DL. Not complimenting guys. Yea guys never compliment other guys. But lets not turn this whole phone number thing into a sign of homosexuality. Guys don't get the phone numbers of other guys unless they know each other from work or other social places that they interact around each other like school or somethin. Guys get other guys numbers that they KNOW for the purpose of hanging out and of course scammin on women. You know, doing GUY THINGS. There's such a pressure on straight guys today not to come off as gay. There's way too much emphasis on this shit. Women calling men gay because their not being aggressive? That's just an excuse for them to redeem theirselves from not getting hit on to ease their own insecurity. We need to become more in tune with ourselves and not worry about what people think about us. So what if a girl thought you were gay, that's just one person in the world. Unless it threatens your good reputation at a social workplace or such, why worry when you'll probably never see her again? To tell you the truth the media has blown this subject out of proportion and I actually never heard this subject outside of computer or on TV.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Unisex
    Why the hell would guys talk about this topic? Just out of the blue come out and say so what's up about this DL thing? If you're a guy, why would that even need to be brought up when you're into women.
    He said the guy "complimented him". Guys don't compliment guys unless you're dogs from child hood. Only then is it allowed to compliment with saying "your outfit looking fly dog" or, "I see how you rocking playa".

For some guy out of the blue to compliment and he don't know your name. That's a sign he's trying to get at you. I know exactly what they are talking about because I get clowns trying to socialize when I don't even know them. I hate that shit, very annoying.
    LOL yeah it's true. Guys also don't ever admit to one another if they consider someone to be a good looking person, even when it's not on a sexual level, but of course there's no problem saying who's ugly.

anyways, I don't consider TS women to be "men", so I don't see why it would be kept on the DL. Well, I could, but I personally wouldn't. Maybe one day society will be more open about this issue.

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

*Out of respect for the women here I've officially retired the 2nd half of my signature*

R. Kelly's 1996 hit, Down Low (Nobody Has to Know), put a name to
    the 'creepin' going on in the hood

Somewhere along the line, the term took on the connotation of guys
    getting busy with their homies.

R. Kelly - Down Low Lyrics

Listen girl you want me but he needs you
    Yet you're tellin' me that everything is cool
    Tryin' ti convince me baby to do as you say
    Just go along and see things your way
    Chorus:
    And keep it on the down low- nobody has to know
    We can keep it on the down low- nobody has to know
    Secret lovers is what you wanna be
    While making love to him, girl you're silently calling on me

What is a man to do in a situation like this?
    I feel there is something that I don't wanna miss
    Chorus (2x)

[quote="Unisex"]

6:55 mark

I really hate when those guys try and pull shit like this. It's very annoying and I think even more disrespectful to the person that is being approached. A lot of these guys assume that because they see you with a transgender woman and I can be;

*Conversing with her on the train
    *Giving her a seductive hug
    *flirtatious actions like playing with the palm of hand or patting her inner thigh during conversation, letting her sit on my lap on the Bus or Train. (Not really that flamboyant, but an example)

Just because those actions may have been practice between me and said Transgender woman, doesn't give this guy the right invade my space by trying to associate with me by asking for my number or anything. Get lost buddy, strictly chicly for me.
    Was this in the clips, and I missed it, or is this referring to something else?

Veteran Poster

if a man sleeps with a clubkid is that considered downlow activity?

"gotcha. it's cool. was kind of confusing. i'm not gay, but that is a good pic of you" yngtxmale24: "straight" male to another "straight" male