Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default The YouTube presidential debate

Does anyone give a fuck????

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

I actually saw a preview of some of the questions, it looks
    pretty interesting.

My wife is taping it. She's a political junkie, tapes Meet Depressed and the Chris Matthews show, lol.

Gold Poster

Some of the videos are hilarious and seeing the candidates reaction is priceless but other than that its the your typical boring debate.

5 Star Poster

I'm watching it and it is interesting. The candidates making the best points are the ones who are not popular. The popular ones dance around the question. You know same ol same ol .

What a pander-fest. So much talking without saying anything. There have been some funny moments though.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Platinum Poster

i watched the whole thing and rather enjoyed it more then normal debates but i didnt see it as too much different then a "normal" one... maybe a lil more relaxed... but not much

There was a time when debates were interesting, and actually had substance to them.

Back when the Presidential debates were sponsored and run by the League of Women Voters, the candidates had little or no say at to the content of the debate, much less the questions being asked.

The two major political parties have long since taken that power out of the hands of the League. Debates are the exclusive domain of the Republicans and Democrats. They determine the subject matter, the questions that are asked, who will be allowed to asked them, as well as minutiae like camera placement, angles, and lighting.

If you might recall, a few days ago, two of the Democratic front runners, Edwards and Clinton, were even recorded, during an unguarded moment, discussing who they believe should be included and not included in further debates.

It all gets back to what a terrible, whoring-for-money, lowest common denominator process elections have become.

Junior Poster

it was quite shallow and pedantic

eh, it was more like a questionnaire than a debate...i hate how that is wrongly mislabeled. that said, this format did seem more interesting than the ones of years past.

the difference between kinky and perverse - using a feather or the whole damn chicken.