View Poll Results: Is Afghanistan a war without end?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 45.45%
  • No

4 36.36%
  • Not sure?

2 18.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by guyone
    It's what I know.

So there.
    Well, that's me told. Damn those whining Generals!

Not meaning to be disrespectful to any soldier, guyone, but aren't they trained to obey orders and not think too much for themselves?
    AND, correct me if I'm wrong but, aren't journalists focused on getting their "bullshit" in print, with little regard for truth or accuracy.

Background: I'm a retired Navy SEAL. The media has played a hand, unvoluntarily, in the deaths of several of my Team members. Their ambition to spring a leak on 'hot' information has been deadly irresponsible. They do not command my respect.

Therefore, I will, in all cases, take the evaluation of a field soldier over anybody that is a polotian or an assumed "expert". The only thing they're an expert on, is bullshit.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by CORVETTEDUDE
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogers
    Quote Originally Posted by guyone
    It's what I know.

So there.
    Well, that's me told. Damn those whining Generals!

Not meaning to be disrespectful to any soldier, guyone, but aren't they trained to obey orders and not think too much for themselves?
    AND, correct me if I'm wrong but, aren't journalists focused on getting their "bullshit" in print, with little regard for truth or accuracy.

Background: I'm a retired Navy SEAL. The media has played a hand, unvoluntarily, in the deaths of several of my Team members. Their ambition to spring a leak on 'hot' information has been deadly irresponsible. They do not command my respect.

Therefore, I will, in all cases, take the evaluation of a field soldier over anybody that is a polotian or an assumed "expert". The only thing they're an expert on, is bullshit.
    Of course there are good and bad journalists, CORVETTEDUDE, just as there are good and bad soldiers. Please read the links in my first post on this thread, DUDE. The recent hard-won victories in Afghanistan have largely been down to the extra troops the British have transferred there from Iraq... that's what the whole point of this thread was about, Generals, Field Soldiers, and Politicians raising the need for more troops to be sent to Afghanistan to support those that are already there, but that seems to have been completely lost on guyone and now you, DUDE.