Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJT
    As a kid? It's funny but I've got to go with Dick Dale again and his cover of "Miserlou". I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever heard back in '63 and it's still in my top 10.

After that it would have been "Shout Bamalama" by Otis Reading and the Pinetoppers and the intro to "Where Did Our Love Go" by the Supremes.

Anything by Otis,Wilson Pickett and Sam Cooke was cool then. Sam Cooke,IMO,is the smoothest human being that ever lived. You can't get any cooler than Sam Cooke,it ain't possible.
    Otis Reading and the Pinetoppers?! I mean, come on, that's somewhat amusing. Strange name for a band.

Professional Poster

You never heard of Otis Redding?Go play with the kids,grown folks are talkin'.

Ancient Pervert.

Junior Poster

eeek, otis redding is a classic. wow, honda.

Quote Originally Posted by TJT
    You never heard of Otis Redding?Go play with the kids,grown folks are talkin'.

Of course I've heard of Otis Redding. "Sitting on the Dock Of The Bay", only song I've ever heard. I had no idea his band was called the "Pinetoppers", and I continue to find that name amusing.

I'm a former metal head. What do I know about fancy music?

:P

Professional Poster

He was with with the Pinetoppers early in his career. Most of the stuff you hear on the radio is the Stax stuff, where he's was backed by Booker T. & The MG's.

Ancient Pervert.

Ah, I see. I'm really not very well versed in music, despite being employed as a nightclub tech. I'm always interested in learning, though.

Gotta run and have breakfast now, then go see a collapsed interstate bridge, and then catch a movie and some beers.

Later.

Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Not for the images ... but for the words, which in this case are on the screen.

I think this is relevant to the recent flames posted against me, for whatever it's worth. I'm threadjacking my own thread, kinda:

(Suckseed, no offense, but you get the role of Hanover Fist)