Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remy Ma

Junior Poster

Who is this "Remy Ma" and why should I care about her being arrested?

Hmm... maybe later.

Junior Poster

Why do people who don't listen to rap music, always leave the majority of posts in forums, dealing with the hip-hop industry. To reiterate my comments made in this thread's 2nd post, the stampede of ignorant comments were on there way and I was right. Sure, Remy is ghetto and ignorant, but all she know is the housing projects and that "do or die" mentality. However, you have MC's like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, the old Kanye West and Immortal Technique, who address social ills and political hypocrisy in our country, but get little push from the major record labels and radio stations. However, the majority of rap fans who are primarily made up of whites under 35, support the ignorant, simple-minded lyrics resulting in this merry-go round of nonsense in the culture. It was just reported that rapper 50 Cent (former drug dealer and gun shot victim) has a net worth of around a half-billion dollars. Young kids in the ghetto read this and that's who they seek to emulate. These buffoons have become the norm, in the eyes of mainstream America.

I think anyone can like whatever music they want, but I find occasionally some people's unsolicited criticisms of rap music, reflective of a deeper hostility with the people and culture from which rap music originates from. It's just more P.C to say rappers are ignorant and untalented, then what they really want to say.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

she should be arrested for wearing that hair.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Platinum Poster

rotflmao!! yes mam! allanahs one liner is the best post in this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by beatmaker
    I think anyone can like whatever music they want, but I find occasionally some people's unsolicited criticisms of rap music, reflective of a deeper hostility with the people and culture from which rap music originates from. It's just more P.C to say rappers are ignorant and untalented, then what they really want to say.
    I like various types of music personally, but find that most people are locked into what their "group" thinks is appropriate for its members. Now, the group may be defined by race, location... whatever, but most people can't think for themselves, which is why so many people imitate each other. If you're a "sophisticated" white person, you abhor rap, at least publicly. That's the way it is where I live, anyway. Similarly, it isn't appropriate for me to listen to anything other than R&B and rap here, as I'm black and that's what I'm supposed to listen to as a black person. However, of all artists, my favorite is Bjork, so I've long since lost my "ghetto pass" or whatever.

Anyway, ever notice that while some people are quick to say "hip-hop is garbage", true garbage, such as that put out by Avril Lavigne, Fergie and such go unmentioned? 50 Cent and Remy Ma are horrible examples of a human being, but what of artists like Ozzy Osbourne, Keith Moon, Jim Morrison, Sid Vicious, Brad Nowell, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain and the various members of Motley Crue, known drug users all, to the point some of them overdosed and died, but who are praised to this day by mainstream America? Why are they and their music held in reverence as if they're some shining examples of personal virtue, while hip-hop artists are apparently all thought to be beneath contempt?

Try answering that one honestly, and I guarantee some of you are going to prove yourselves to be what we've all really known you were all along...

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Veteran Poster

Hip Hip is the best

Veteran Poster

Why do people who don't listen to rap music, always leave the majority of posts in forums, dealing with the hip-hop industry. To reiterate my comments made in this thread's 2nd post, the stampede of ignorant comments were on there way and I was right. Sure, Remy is ghetto and ignorant, but all she know is the housing projects and that "do or die" mentality. However, you have MC's like Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Common, the old Kanye West and Immortal Technique, who address social ills and political hypocrisy in our country, but get little push from the major record labels and radio stations. However, the majority of rap fans who are primarily made up of whites under 35, support the ignorant, simple-minded lyrics resulting in this merry-go round of nonsense in the culture. It was just reported that rapper 50 Cent (former drug dealer and gun shot victim) has a net worth of around a half-billion dollars. Young kids in the ghetto read this and that's who they seek to emulate. These buffoons have become the norm, in the eyes of mainstream America.

Very well said.

Reality is perception.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Why are you here? You clearly have nothing of merit to add to this discussion and are completely oblivious to the "real" discussion. The best post is a quick one liner about Remy's busted weave. I reitterate, why are you in this forum? You have nothing of value to add and you clearly dislike hip-hop and the people who represent that culture.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Why are you here? You clearly have nothing of merit to add to this discussion and are completely oblivious to the "real" discussion. The best post is a quick one liner about Remy's busted weave. I reitterate, why are you in this forum? You have nothing of value to add and you clearly dislike hip-hop and the people who represent that culture.

bc i dont like some ghetto bitches weave?? give me a fucking break jackass.... this THREAD is about a ghetto bitch, famous or not, shooting another girl .... this SITE is about trannies NOT GHETTO HIP HOP RAPPERS THAT DO STUPID SHIT LIKE SHOOT THEIR BEST FRIEND... so to answer your ignorant question... im here bc im a fucking TS

wtf are you here?? doesnt your wife need you to do something?

Gold Poster

Is anyone surpised by this hip-hop today is about drugs,money and whoever can talk the most shit however this idiot remy took a step further to probably get her name in the news or to be recongize by her gangsta idiot freinds.Today's artist just exploit their own people in anyway they can to please suits,if it's not some disgusting sexual hook it's saying someone must die basically it's all garbage.whatever happen to the days of telling a girl you have a crush on her like biz markie or ll cool j or stopping the violence like public enemy and grandmaster flash.Today hip-hop artist's are all about exploitation to get the "bling"so when i hear news like this i view it is a fucking joke, so remy and her bad hair can rot in jail for all i care.