Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remy Ma

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TJ347
    Quote Originally Posted by beatmaker
    I think anyone can like whatever music they want, but I find occasionally some people's unsolicited criticisms of rap music, reflective of a deeper hostility with the people and culture from which rap music originates from. It's just more P.C to say rappers are ignorant and untalented, then what they really want to say.
    I like various types of music personally, but find that most people are locked into what their "group" thinks is appropriate for its members. Now, the group may be defined by race, location... whatever, but most people can't think for themselves, which is why so many people imitate each other. If you're a "sophisticated" white person, you abhor rap, at least publicly. That's the way it is where I live, anyway. Similarly, it isn't appropriate for me to listen to anything other than R&B and rap here, as I'm black and that's what I'm supposed to listen to as a black person. However, of all artists, my favorite is Bjork, so I've long since lost my "ghetto pass" or whatever.

Anyway, ever notice that while some people are quick to say "hip-hop is garbage", true garbage, such as that put out by Avril Lavigne, Fergie and such go unmentioned? 50 Cent and Remy Ma are horrible examples of a human being, but what of artists like Ozzy Osbourne, Keith Moon, Jim Morrison, Sid Vicious, Brad Nowell, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain and the various members of Motley Crue, known drug users all, to the point some of them overdosed and died, but who are praised to this day by mainstream America? Why are they and their music held in reverence as if they're some shining examples of personal virtue, while hip-hop artists are apparently all thought to be beneath contempt?

Try answering that one honestly, and I guarantee some of you are going to prove yourselves to be what we've all really known you were all along...
    As a person who is a musician, I'd like to comment. I think it's common for people to say 'All _____sounds alike' if it's not a style they like. Bear with me and think about how many genres this has been said about.
    All country sounds alike.
    All techno, all jam bands, all metal, etc.
    That's because, broadly, they do. I'll admit even my favorite bands always sound like themselves to a degree. You have to dig into music to appreciate what's there. Take Bjork for example. She's done wildly different albums, but many people will only hear her voice and file her music under Whacky Iceland Chick.

What I wonder about is why there are so few Stevie Wonders, John Lennons and Joni Mitchells, and so many Nickelbacks, Avrils and other such entertainers (I certainly wouldn't call them artists.) Lauren Hill is one of the few people that have even come close to approaching vintage Stevie, at least that the average person might have a chance of hearing.
    The thing that amazes me is that the big record companies have to be shooting themselves in the foot promoting the schlocky musicians. Who the hell is going to think twice about downloading that stuff for free if they want it? Personally I hope they all go out of business like Tower Records.
    My last band has sold over a million cd's and I made less money from those than I do now in two months. Everyone gets paid before the musicians. We make our money playing live. Maybe if the profits disappear from middle of the road music, the stuff won't be shoved down the throats of the masses. I swear when I was a kid, my older brother and sister were getting exposed to everything. The Bobby Shermans and Mac Davises were there, but nobody was freaking out about them like kids do today about...i don't know...pick your Disney sensation.

Can anybody help me find a video by a black high school girl where she's the class nerd, but tears it up with her performance? I just spent 30 minutes trying to locate it; I originally saw it on pitchfork. She's damn good.

Rookie Poster

Ya'll are funny! If the thread means nothing to you, pass it over, start your own thread about TS! Hell! you can shoot somebody and we can all talk about you! And please stop with the psycho-babble about hip hop. Dumb shit happens everywhere. All you have to do is get off your computers and look outside, if you dont see the dumb shit, your it! It's never ok for someone to get shot, but the shit happens, and when it does hopefully the shooter is caught and brought to justice.

Take care of yourself, and each other - Jerry Springer

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Unisex
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Is anyone surpised by this hip-hop today is about drugs,money and whoever can talk the most shit however this idiot remy took a step further to probably get her name in the news or to be recongize by her gangsta idiot freinds.Today's artist just exploit their own people in anyway they can to please suits,if it's not some disgusting sexual hook it's saying someone must die basically it's all garbage.whatever happen to the days of telling a girl you have a crush on her like biz markie or ll cool j or stopping the violence like public enemy and grandmaster flash.Today hip-hop artist's are all about exploitation to get the "bling"so when i hear news like this i view it is a fucking joke, so remy and her bad hair can rot in jail for all i care.
    ^^^^

You have absolutely no clue about what you just stated.
    Artists like 50 cent,snoop dogg,nelly,lil wayne,the game don't give a shit about people in the hood they only care about filling their own greedy pockets.Those artist just want to sell that image for profit and could care less how it makes their own people look.If they really gave a damn they would give back in a positive way and i'm not just talking money how about some positive songs instead of garbage that consist of degrading women and who they shot.People are sick of that negative shit and it's starting to show,

McDonalds Drops Rapper Twista from Concert Series
    McDonalds has dropped a million-selling rapper from its nationwide concert series.

Citing controversial lyrics, the fast-food giant has released Twista from an appearance in its 10-city series of free concerts across the United States.

The rapper - who reportedly once worked at McDonalds - is known for his lightning-fast delivery in such hit songs as "Overnight Celebrity" and "Slow Jamz," his collaboration with Jamie Foxx and Kanye West. He has used profanity and referenced drugs in some of his lyrics.

In a July 30 statement, McDonalds spokesman William Whitman said "Although we respect free speech and artistic expression, we do not condone or perpetuate derogatory language. We want to ensure these free concerts are fun as well as appropriate for all of our customers."

Speaking to the Associated Press, Twista said the decision came as a surprise, "especially after hearing from certain people that represented McDonalds that they were fans of the music and they were excited about the whole thing and that they backed me, and then to hear a few days later that I was actually not on the show."

Twista said he typically cleans up his lyrics for all-ages shows, and intended to do so for his scheduled August 7 appearance in his home town of Chicago.

Professional Poster

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lean_back_642.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	115038  

My witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Quote Originally Posted by beatmaker
    Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    rotflmao!! yes mam! allanahs one liner is the best post in this thread!
    Why are you here? You clearly have nothing of merit to add to this discussion and are completely oblivious to the "real" discussion. The best post is a quick one liner about Remy's busted weave. I reitterate, why are you in this forum? You have nothing of value to add and you clearly dislike hip-hop and the people who represent that culture.

bc i dont like some ghetto bitches weave?? give me a fucking break jackass.... this THREAD is about a ghetto bitch, famous or not, shooting another girl .... this SITE is about trannies NOT GHETTO HIP HOP RAPPERS THAT DO STUPID SHIT LIKE SHOOT THEIR BEST FRIEND... so to answer your ignorant question... im here bc im a fucking TS

wtf are you here?? doesnt your wife need you to do something?
    Beatmaker simply asked you a question in order to shed some light on the merit of your posting in this thread. True, you are entitled to your opinion and you are also entitled to post your opinion on this forum. However, how can you call someone ignorant when your reply to his post is full of ignorance itself?

*Ghetto Bitch?

*Jackass?

How are you in a postion to refer to people (whom you don't know personally) with those names and consider yourself intelligent?

Your post is a reflection of your small intellect and immaturity!

Platinum Poster

^^ congrats on the new id fag ^^^^

hows that for immaturity...

JACKASS??!!

And so, the cycle continues...

"We are irritated by rascals, intolerant of fools, and prepared to love the rest. But where are they?"- Mignon McLaughlin

Junior Poster

I'm not really a big fan of rap myself, but I notice how none of the exceptionally talented artists (same goes with other genres) are never publicized. You're always hearing about your 50s and your [insert crappy rapper]s, especially when they have run-ins with the law but you never hear about positive (talented) artists like Mos Def, The Roots, Del the Funky Homosapien, Murs, and others I can't think of at the moment.

It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Veteran Poster

Ha ha ha... she gets 8 years, announced yesterday. Silly cunt.

How many do you think she'll actually serve?

It could have been 25 with all her convictions. I'm not saying she got off easy, but it could have been a lot worse. The judge probably considered her kid who will be without his mom until he's a teenager

if she behaves, she'll be out in less than 5 yrs