View Poll Results: What are transsexuals?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Men expressing their feminine side.

29 20.00%
  • Women with an interesting history and physiology.

93 64.14%
  • Now for something completely different.

23 15.86%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are TS Women?

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    Imho, transwomen are women, unless they clearly express individually that they prefer to referred to as "the third sex." To me this is true and fundamental regardless of their genital condition or preference (whether to remain non-op or progress to post-op).
    Though i chose 'woman' from the limited options, cosign this.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Professional Poster

Imho, transwomen are women, unless they clearly express individually that they prefer to referred to as "the third sex." To me this is true and fundamental regardless of their genital condition or preference (whether to remain non-op or progress to post-op).

Thank God! Finally, a voice of reason!

Well said, Ecstatic.

"99.98% of people on HA are not worth the time."

Lmao You're such a cunt TrueBeauty TS! I love it!! - HTG

Junior Poster

Default Re: Are TS Women?

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlzoe
    On three different threads, there have been arguments about what transsexuals are in terms of gender. So, this should all be combined into one thread.

Man, woman, both/neither? What are we?
    Transexuals are definitely women in my eyes. The best type of women
    Unfortunately most of our societies don't see them as women. Someone wrote earlier in the post about the importance of societies views. I disagree.
    Society has been wrong on many issues in the past. What we need is stronger people in our society who will step up to the plate and right the wrongs transexuals face daily.

Veteran Poster

Hmmmm......A lot of TS are comfortable being known as men so it's hard to say. I know quite a few TS who carry themselves as women (dress, speech, squat, the whole 9) all the time, but still see themselves as men in the end. IMO It's just one of those X factors that can only be defined individually.

But like I always say....reality is perception so in the end now matter how far you've come in your surgeries, it's always going to be someone else's opinion and who's to say they are wrong.

Reality is perception.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeauty TS

What do you mean finally? I more or less said the same thing! Then again Ecstatic and I seem to agree on almost everything.

Great minds, as they say, think alike, Ecstatic.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeauty TS

What do you mean finally? I more or less said the same thing! Then again Ecstatic and I seem to agree on almost everything.

Great minds, as they say, think alike, Ecstatic.
    True! And true of True, lol! Thanks for the compliment, TrueBeauty. LG and I do concur on most subjects, it seems.

Personally I think labels suck. I know for a fact I am not qualified to say for anyone but if a transexual says she is a women I am ok with that. I just look forward to the day when they can be accepted for who they are.

Junior Poster

I have always thought of TS's as women. They may have been born a man, but they have become a woman. and to me that makes them a woman.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by werwt22
    Hmmmm......A lot of TS are comfortable being known as men so it's hard to say. I know quite a few TS who carry themselves as women (dress, speech, squat, the whole 9) all the time, but still see themselves as men in the end. IMO It's just one of those X factors that can only be defined individually.

But like I always say....reality is perception so in the end now matter how far you've come in your surgeries, it's always going to be someone else's opinion and who's to say they are wrong.
    With the possible exception of autogynephilia, addressed in another thread (or several), why would someone go through a lifetime of fighting to be who they wanted to be and all the cost and pain associated with that if they didn't see themselves as a woman? You'd think they would want to look like a man if they saw themself as a man. I mean, you could be a cute gay boi, you don't have to be a macho man, but you wouldn't want to have the social role of a woman. You'd end up having some sort of weird man-made FTM-type gender crisis. :-/

Senior Member Professional Poster Paladin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    i almost wrote "w/e peggy usually says is how i feel" but b/c i couldnt remember exactly what it was i didnt want to quote her wrong...

so now that she has posted... what peggy said.... for the most part.

i feel i am a woman
    i know i am a transwoman
    i know i am not a genetic woman
    i know that i am not a generic woman

what society sees us as is what really matters tho when it comes to work, relationships, daily routines.

if someone calls me anything other then a woman or a ts woman i correct them... esp. if its a male reference...

yesterday, while at work as a makeup artist for MAC inside Nordstroms dept. store, an indian woman said to the girl doing her makeup:
    "thats a man"
    the girl said "yes so?"
    "but hes got breast"
    the girl said "and?"

then i stepped in and said "mam im doing your daughters makeup for her wedding, if you do not correct yourself IMMEIDIATELY i will refuse service and no one in this STORE will work on yall"
    i turned to the girl and said "i am a woman, i am a trans-woman. i am NOT a man and for you to acknowledge otherwise is an insult. youre free to go home for the day and please feel free to do some research online or message me on myspace and ask me any questions you may have, but again, do NOT inform customers or other ppl on subjects to which you do not know the answers"

i really enjoy being the boss... cant ya tell?
    Did you check the laws on this in your state??? You just better hope that your worker doesn't file a harrassment complaint against you. Since you published it in an online forum, it's be mighty difficult to claim you never said it...