View Poll Results: What are transsexuals?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Men expressing their feminine side.

29 20.00%
  • Women with an interesting history and physiology.

93 64.14%
  • Now for something completely different.

23 15.86%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Are TS Women?

Veteran Poster

Default Are TS Women?

On three different threads, there have been arguments about what transsexuals are in terms of gender. So, this should all be combined into one thread.

Man, woman, both/neither? What are we?

Junior Poster

So great, so far everyone has said that TS women are women.

How does that translate into everyone accusing trans-girls of "tricking" guys if they don't immediatly disclose thier trans status?

Wow, talk about a loaded question. I could be wrong, but if memory serves, Allanah has previously made the distinction of calling herself a “transsexual woman.” I always thought that was the most honest way of describing a transsexual that I have heard. It makes clear that while there is a difference – say at the most basic, genetic level – she considers herself a woman in most every way that counts.

Bottom line: do I think of transsexuals as women? Yes. Do I know that at the most basic, genetic level there is a difference between them and so called genetic girls (GGs)? Yes. Does society think of transsexuals as women? Unfortunately not.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Professional Poster

^ I co-sign with everything he said.

5 Star Poster

I voted "Women with an interesting history and physiology." Because that was the closest to what I personally think.

More precisely I am a woman for most sociological purposes and will be for all social intents and purposes after SRS. I will never be a woman in the biological sense. Thus I describe myself as a transsexual woman. I agree that is the most honest way of describing what we are.

Zoe what this is really about is the same behavior that lead to our little problem earlier. You say in one time and place you are "just a woman" then seconds latter "ok so I am really not quite a woman". You contradict yourself and that just looks weird.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    Zoe what this is really about is the same behavior that lead to our little problem earlier. You say in one time and place you are "just a woman" then seconds latter "ok so I am really not quite a woman". You contradict yourself and that just looks weird.
    You were only a very small part of it, it was primarily my argument with nikkitsfun and, to a lesser degree, tsntx.

Where did I say "ok so I am really not quite a woman"?

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

By now, you know my standard answer:

I am a woman, legally recognized by all governmental
    entities as such.

I am a Black woman.

I am a post operative transwoman.

But I am not now, never have been, nor ever will be, a member of a
    third sex, shemale, tranny, ladyboy, etc, etc, yada, yada....

Veteran Poster

Two votes for "TS are men" but no comments on that opinion, unfortunately.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlzoe
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    You were only a very small part of it, it was primarily my argument with nikkitsfun and, to a lesser degree, tsntx.

Where did I say "ok so I am really not quite a woman"?
    That was more of a parphrase of what you have said. I should not have used "".

Platinum Poster

i almost wrote "w/e peggy usually says is how i feel" but b/c i couldnt remember exactly what it was i didnt want to quote her wrong...

so now that she has posted... what peggy said.... for the most part.

i feel i am a woman
    i know i am a transwoman
    i know i am not a genetic woman
    i know that i am not a generic woman

what society sees us as is what really matters tho when it comes to work, relationships, daily routines.

if someone calls me anything other then a woman or a ts woman i correct them... esp. if its a male reference...

yesterday, while at work as a makeup artist for MAC inside Nordstroms dept. store, an indian woman said to the girl doing her makeup:
    "thats a man"
    the girl said "yes so?"
    "but hes got breast"
    the girl said "and?"

then i stepped in and said "mam im doing your daughters makeup for her wedding, if you do not correct yourself IMMEIDIATELY i will refuse service and no one in this STORE will work on yall"
    i turned to the girl and said "i am a woman, i am a trans-woman. i am NOT a man and for you to acknowledge otherwise is an insult. youre free to go home for the day and please feel free to do some research online or message me on myspace and ask me any questions you may have, but again, do NOT inform customers or other ppl on subjects to which you do not know the answers"

i really enjoy being the boss... cant ya tell?