Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Poster

do it. the worst that could happen is she doesnt remember you and so maybe you dont eat there again. the best thing that could happen is you find your soulmate. So whats a little humbling on the path to happiness.

Professional Poster

Default Re: giving girls flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki
    So,,

I met a girl (gg) at a restaurant a few weeks ago and was instantly smitten.. She was my waitress. there was real repore. I week later I kept thinking about her and so I went in to the restaurant , asked when she works and they said she works fridays....

That next week I sent her a single red rose with a note that said "from your secret admirer!"

Now its one week later and my plan is to go in there tonight with a bouquet of flowers and give her my number.. however I am having severe cold feet issues about this..

its been two weeks since i say her last and at this point I dont even clearly remember what she looks like.. although I know when I was in her presence it felt right.. I know girls like flowers and that its romantic but its such a strange thing to do..

what do you think?

Did you exchange names? Although it still may work out very well for you, I would have sent her the flower with your name and possibly an invitation for dinner/movie/whatever.

The "secret admirer" thing used to be romantic (I guess) but nowadays, it's a little creepy. A little stalker-ish. Especially if you wait too long to say who you are.

"99.98% of people on HA are not worth the time."

Lmao You're such a cunt TrueBeauty TS! I love it!! - HTG

Junior Poster

haha. welll i did it... it was a total disaster...

she had a boyfriend, and he was a few feet away as I was talking to her.... so , I left.. Had she not had a boyfriend I think it would have been fine.. In fact had he not been there at the time. I'm sure I would have been IN..

I did not realize that it was Friday the 13.. hahah damn
    that was ridiculous.

It was embarrassing, but somehow, I didnt care,, she wasnt even that hot actually.. the first time I met her I was pretty drunk..

It took massive balls and I did it.. no worries..

Veteran Poster

i hoped you learned your lesson about hitting on waitresses.

Junior Poster

what lesson? oh.. dont hit on the waitress.

The only reason I went thru with it all was because I didnt want her worrying and looking over her shoulder..

I had to go in last night and diffuse the bomb.. it was all in good fun.

it's very tricky hitting on waitresses. they're a captive audience so if they think you're a creep, they can't really leave.
    But I could kill myself for all the times I never even tried due to being a pussy. Congrats to tanuki for trying, even though the strategy was a bit flawed. He'll never have that 'what if I tried?' regret.

5 Star Poster

I'd say before you make an ass out of yourself you need to get to know her a little more.

Go back and have another coffee and ASK her if she got the flower - tell her you are the secret admirer and ASK if she's single.

Otherwise honey you are verging on being a stalker which I'm sure wasn't your intention. But you never know how someone might react.

And not to change the subject, but asuming this has nothing to do with TS topics isn't this a question to ask on E-Harmony?

Hugs,
    TS Jamie

Professional Poster

It was embarrassing, but somehow, I didnt care,, she wasnt even that hot actually..
    But if you had hit it off, I'll bet you would have said she was hot.

the first time I met her I was pretty drunk..

IMO, it's always best to meet & make first impressions with someone when you are sober.

"99.98% of people on HA are not worth the time."

Lmao You're such a cunt TrueBeauty TS! I love it!! - HTG

Junior Poster

Like I said before,, I dont usually do things like this..

I definetly had the feeling that I was part of a bigger cosmic wave.. Something compelled me to behave this way. and I handled it with as much humor and humility as I could muster..

I was a little tipsy that first night.. but I was with a group of friends and we were all having fun sitting outside and eating and drinking.. The people I was with noticed the chemistry between me and the girl and I consulted my friends a million times throughout the course of this attempted seduction and they all told me to go for it. AND THEY all saw the chemistry happening. So I never felt like a stalker or anything.

* in regards to her beauty.. I mentioned she wasnt"that hot" well I am sure she is an attractive person or whatever but I can live without her. its not a diss to her. its just an observation that sort of tells me I can move on.

Giving a pretty girl some flowers is a good thing to do and I am glad I did it.

Just remember, Tanuki, a good baseball player strikes out 70% of the time, and most of them, 80%. A boyfriend is a boyfriend!!! How do you feel about her, do you want to pursue a relationship with her? You need to first, be honest with yourself, about your feelings. You will then know what to do.