Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

@ Edelwiess fan

You are exactly right. If she wants to fade to black that's her rightful prerogative. It's nice that even the niche media that could be interested in this has respected her privacy. Assuming what you say is true.

@ legend.

The trans activist Andrea James as well as those in the UK's "press for change" group. Criticized her for doing the following on TV....dating some guys and not telling them right away that she was a transsexual. Read the thread on "tranny's in straight bars" you will see that basically what Miriam did is quite common. It is incidental that only those who are both pretty and passable can do that.

Since you are not TS I would not expect you to know this but there is a real divide in the TS community. It's hard to totally characterize it. It should suffice to say that Andrea and I are on different sides of that chasm.

@house

It would be most appropriate to reply to you privately so I shall.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    @ Edelwiess fan

You are exactly right. If she wants to fade to black that's her rightful prerogative. It's nice that even the niche media that could be interested in this has respected her privacy. Assuming what you say is true.

@ legend.

The trans activist Andrea James as well as those in the UK's "press for change" group. Criticized her for doing the following on TV....dating some guys and not telling them right away that she was a transsexual. Read the thread on "tranny's in straight bars" you will see that basically what Miriam did is quite common. It is incidental that only those who are both pretty and passable can do that.

Since you are not TS I would not expect you to know this but there is a real divide in the TS community. It's hard to totally characterize it. It should suffice to say that Andrea and I are on different sides of that chasm.
    Are you saying that didn't she remove that info on wiki because miram did that show and because she has they ability to pick up guys in a bar,i'm not talking to insult by any means but that sounds ridiculous.A person could have been hurt and they have the info remove because of jealousy.

No im not a transsexual but i do know of older generations clashing with younger people.I just think those sometimes it's best to be safe brenda and doing a show like that doesn't help trying to spead the message of being safe.I am in no why saying that miram's story shouldn't been told because she did the show.

5 Star Poster

The activist of the UK's "Press for Change" group showed their ass when they put this in a footnote of one of their doccuments. "www.wallbanks.com/PDF/CONTEMPORARY%2520HUMAN%2520RIGHTS%2520ISSUES%2520F OR%2520PEOPLE%2520WITH%2520TRANSSEXUALISM_%2520R%2 520Wallbank%2520290804A.pdf+UK+press+for+change+%2 2Something+about+Miriam%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&gl=us]CONTEMPORARY HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUES FOR PEOPLE WITH TRANSSEXUALISM

Paper delivered at the Gendys conference September,2004, UK[/url]"

The Australian movie Pricilla Queen of the Desert and the recent Channel 10 program There’s
    Something About Miriam is a good example of the confusion, exploited by the program, between
    people who have no desire or need to bring their body (and especially their genitalia) into harmony
    with their mind who display transgender expression and are, subject to their own confusion, extreme
    cross-dressers, and do not experience transsexualism yet are labelled as such. People with
    transsexualism undergo sex affirmation surgery for their own benefit and peace; rathe than choice.
    The implication of that statement, as I read it, is that they feel that people like Miriam, and by extension every non-op or pre-op who is not all anxious to cut it off with the discarded top of a tin can... is not a transsexual. By their actions or lack there of they approve of and abet discrimination and violence directed towards people like Miriam. Such people are who is guarding our rights's? I feel really secure knowing that, not.

There have been some good points made in this thread, particularly by Legend.

Brenda, I think you are correct in your interpretation of what they said. I think what they said is terrible, besides the wording itself being poor. They are judging people and defining them by their sexual organs. Here’s what I believe. It should be more than about transsexuals but should be true for everybody. That is when you know that you are working with the truth:

1. My sexual organ(s) is private, between me and those I wish to share with.

2. I am a lot more than a sexual organ. Any policy, rules, regulations, and anything else has to take this into account.

3. I have a right to define myself, and have my own identity. I have rights to present myself in accordance with the identity that I define myself as, as long as I am not engaging in, or hiding criminal activities.

I know that their statement is just an excerpt from a long document. But what they say in the quoted statement here, does not take into account those transitioning, those that cannot afford the surgery, as well as those that love in non-op status. It is like they’re saying you’re nobody, until someone performs surgery on you.

I have something I want to say about the issue of non-op transsexual presenting themselves in public and even interacting with straight men. It says in the Bible somewhere, to “judge not by appearances, but use righteous judgment”. So if a man goes to a club and sees a hot looking woman, he might meet and talk to her, but he should get to know her, so he can use “righteous judgment” before putting the moves on, so to speak. Those men on that show, “Something about Miriam” were on there for money and vanity (to be on television). In my opinion, if they were using “righteous judgment”, they would have been out trying to get to know women in their everyday lives, instead of being on a tv program. In my opinion, they somewhat deserved what they got.

So if men lived more by that Bible phrase, they would get to know a woman’s mind before getting physical. In the case of a TS woman, then she would be able to tell him of her status before the physical stuff got deep. According to my statement above, she has a right to present herself as she believes herself to be. Because, the man is supposed to be looking beyond the outer presentation, anyway.

Junior Poster

IMHO, one of the other reasons for her wanting the posts removed was because some of the people who posted in here regarding her "dilemma" claimed that the whole thing was a scam and that no actual beating of Miriam took place.

There was quite a bit of shouting going back and forth between a couple of the posters. With some wondering why donations such as flowers or cards could not be delivered in person, why it took so long to place an address to send them to on the board, why this matter never made much news in the GLB community; or even the major press-esp for someone who had been on a "major" TV show. Not to mention the legal ramifications of the matter; it was suggested that she was an undocumented (i.e., illegal) alien.

There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works.
    ~Will Rogers~

Is this possible that she has returned and recovered? Or is this somone doing a bait and switch? If she has recovered then that is great for her!!!

http://www.erostranssexuals.com/tamp...41-miriam1.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ny_olivia41_miriam1_2_65094_703.jpg 
Views:	1671 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	112098  

Quote Originally Posted by DCGuy343
    Is this possible that she has returned and recovered? Or is this somone doing a bait and switch? If she has recovered then that is great for her!!!

http://www.erostranssexuals.com/tamp...41-miriam1.htm
    Well, there was something said up-thread about her being in Florida. If such is so, then good for her! Could just as much be the bait-n-switch as well, so we'll wait for the inevitable horror story to come out.

Recovered is relative. She could be all shiny-new and still have long-term physical therapy on the menu.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

So, has anyone called???

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki
    So, has anyone called???
    You go first.

Is she really touring in North Carolina now?

http://www.eros-carolina.com/files/n...41-miriam1.htm