Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Everyone is bent on power and greed. Well, except me.

Heh. I don't know if that's good or bad. I am pretty fucking smart, though.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Kill it? No. Unfortunately, among the many warts it has, one of them is that it will eventually consume itself.

One planet. Booming population. Finite resources. ...Do the math.
    I just had this argument with a girl at a bar today. I don't agree with this theory. Humanity is learning at an exponetial rate, we can prove to be the exception to the rule.
    But running out of resources could have the effect of scaring an animal thats backed into a corner.

As to greed- if humanity has certain known flaws (such as greed) then it is easy to design a system around those flaws... which capitalism does, hence how well it has done as far as economic models go.

Capitalism's success probably is not helped by the fact that the global economy is a market one... half the countries in the world could be noncapitolistic and yet... if one country is three times cheaper to buy sprockets from, you're gonna go to that country to trade with to obtain the sprockets you need.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Although if an honest examination of things is to be made, I don't understand what the answer is. I could just not visit this forum anymore. Easy enough.

I will say, she's definately a great kisser. So am I.

Junior Poster

wow, people calm down...P&R is second door to the left...

"...My father was the wind, my mother was fire
    Raised by the wolves - I grew up wild..."

People certainly do need to calm down, this thread stopped making any sense sometime last night.

Personally, I find examination of the merits of excess interesting (it relates to the capitalism topic in a round about way). I'm going out today and I'm going to eat a retardedly expensive steak. Because I want to.

If an amusing or interesting story results from this, it will posted later.

I'm going out today and I'm going to eat a retardedly expensive steak.
    Oh, I see! You found a $20 bill yesterday...
    That explains the mystery..

People certainly do need to calm down, this thread stopped making any sense sometime last night.

Personally, I find examination of the merits of excess interesting (it relates to the capitalism topic in a round about way). I'm going out today and I'm going to eat a retardedly expensive steak. Because I want to.

If an amusing or interesting story results from this, it will posted later.
    I ended up having a cheesburger at an Irish pub, and it was pretty damn good. The good steak joints were packed. I also had several beers and some mildly amusing conversation.

Prince is back in town tonight. Downtown is pretty crazy right now.

Rookie Poster

In the 50's and 60's Capitalism was the shit! America was an untouchable superpower and our economy was second to none. Simply because capitalism was encapsulated within the national boarder.
    However in today's world when you outsource your economy to other "cheaper" countries you do create easier income for your nation but in the long term the people in the outsourced nation (our nation) have fewer and fewer job opportunities I/E little or no resources to but back into their (our) capitalist economy. If this trend continues you end up with a nation of unemployed people. And we all know what Zero times a 20 million equals!

Dickhead Sig Removed by Moderator

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Xiorc
    In the 50's and 60's Capitalism was the shit! America was an untouchable superpower and our economy was second to none. Simply because capitalism was encapsulated within the national boarder.
    However in today's world when you outsource your economy to other "cheaper" countries you do create easier income for your nation but in the long term the people in the outsourced nation (our nation) have fewer and fewer job opportunities I/E little or no resources to but back into their (our) capitalist economy. If this trend continues you end up with a nation of unemployed people. And we all know what Zero times a 20 million equals!
    Thus and therefore the end of capitalism....or as we know it, the end of our lifestyle.

Dickhead Sig Removed by Moderator

Free Market Capitalism only exists as an ideology, certainly never in practice. Unless somehow military conquest and state violence are an integral aspect of supply and demand.

Personally, I think capitalism is just one more bullshit outgrowth of midevil Europe that makes no sense as a way of meeting peoples needs. It does however, do an excellent job of making lords and serfs, masters and slaves, Kings and peasants.

"I never minded working hard, its who I'm working for"
    Gillian Welch: Everything is free