Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Club Edelweiss

Club Edelweiss was such a phony, racist place! The "girls" there absolutely hated black men! I'm so glad the damn place is closed. And wherever the "girls" are...I say good-riddance to them! I hope the place stays closed forever!!!

0 out of 3 members liked this post.

Thanks for posting. Last time I went there was summer of '96, but I recognized a face, or two, in your pix. It was just such an unrelenting commerce environment that I only ultimately went there that last year to check in on a good friend of mine from time to time. Knew a few of the girls, esp. the Asian girls. Too many of the girls were strung out too back then. I actually just stopped going to all the NYC clubs after that because the hard sell & the techno music was a really unpleasant combination to me.
    I'm sure nobody, except one, missed me.
    I suppose, like a bad infection, Dino will pop up with another version of this somewhere again.

Rookie Poster

Default Club Edelweiss

so, do you know of any other TS clubs in the city..besides Glow? Why can't there be TS clubs in NYC that is like the ones in San Francisco. In SF you can go to TS clubs and meet sexy and attractive shemales or TS who ARE NOT pros. But in NYC, the only "girls" you meet are druggies and money hungry pros. It's sad.

Rookie Poster

Edelweiss is the only TS club I've ever been to, once about 4 years ago. I've been meaning to go back, though I see now that it is no longer open. Still, I'd like to go back to a TS club sometime, but reading over your replies, I'm a little disheartened by what I'm discovering.

Is it really the case that most of the girls at these places are so-called "working girls?" That's not at all what I'm looking for. Rather, I'd like to go out and meet a nice girl to date and form a relationship with. Is that even possible here in NYC?

I've been checking out this site for a few weeks now, and I'm intrigued by the Trannylicious events. Is this a place where I might meet someone to date, or is everyone there more or less just on display?

I'm sorry if my first post is somewhat negative, but I've come to the conclusion that a T-girl is ultimately who I am destined to be with and I'd hate to think that the deck is stacked against finding one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rookie Poster

Default club edelweiss

re san franciso and its tgirl friendly clubs: nyc will never be like that. nyc likes to portray itself to the outside world as this great intellectual bastion. the politicians will never allow it to become thought of as a place where men can readily find tgirls...although it has long had a large gay and transgendered population.

Junior Poster

I was at the spot on 7th Avenue South recently and at least two of these gals was there, but the spot wasn't happening, IMO.

Rookie Poster

all of these ladies are hot and beautiful

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Default Re: club edelweiss

Thanks for the pics!

I was there when Dino first opened it up on 26th Street. He was still married then. In fact, it's where I met my ex (we were together for 13 years). I was and still am good friends with many of the girls...sadly, a few of them have passed away due to AIDS...Tara being one of them. I'll never forget getting that call in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by blackman
    re san franciso and its tgirl friendly clubs: nyc will never be like that. nyc likes to portray itself to the outside world as this great intellectual bastion. the politicians will never allow it to become thought of as a place where men can readily find tgirls...although it has long had a large gay and transgendered population.
    I agree with you that nyc sucks when it comes to basic equality for the trans population. And it started sucking more when Guiliani came into power. he really set everyone back about 40 years or so.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Default Re: club edelweiss

Wow....brings back memories....Edelweiss was the first TS Club I had ever been too....and I met a great gal there Lucero....I wonder what happened to her.