View Poll Results: Have you been discriminated against in Housing Because you are TS/TG?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, once

0 0%
  • Yes, on occasion

1 16.67%
  • Yes, almost always

0 0%
  • No, never

5 83.33%
    5 Star Poster

Default Have you experienced discrimination in housing? TS/TG please

I just read the thread where "LeoraMoore" was discussing her housing trevails - and especially the part where she was told "not to talk to the neighbors."

It made me curious as to what the discrimination ratio might be, especially as related to girls in the sex trade.

Have you ever been refused a place to live because you were trans?

If so where, and when?

Have you ever been refused a hotel room because you were trans?

If so where, when, and name of the hotel please.

Have you ever been discriminated against in a reastraunt? Same sub question.

Myself, I have to say no to all. We live in a lovely complex. Many of our neighbors know us as either lesbians or that we are trans, as we hang out in the pool and jacuzzi nearly every night and I attend the monthly assoiciation meetings. Nobody has ever mentioned anything negative to either of us. But we seem to be the exception.

Of the trans people I know here in San Diego I'd say the majority have had neighbor problems. One girl moved after receiving death threats, and another girl has had a rock thrown through her window. The majority seem to live in the "gay ghetto" area.

Anyway it would be interesting to see your repsonses.

Thanks,
    TS Jamie

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Hmm..Touchy subject. I guess it boils down to individual experiences. As for me, my answer is NO on all 3 questions. Thankfully I had not experience them and hopefully will not experience them ever!

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Hmm..Touchy subject. I guess it boils down to individual experiences. As for me, my answer is NO on all 3 questions. Thankfully I had not experience them and hopefully will not experience them ever!

~Kisses.

HTG

Well you did experience them, you just didn't let that experience dominate you. In the words of Bob DeNiro 'That's why you are who you are".

Platinum Poster

nope never... and we dont know that leoara was discriminated against as thats not exactly what she said... she didnt go into details.. i wouldnt mind knowing more as i also read it and thought it sounded odd but i didnt even think it had to do w/ her "t"

as to tfans comment... wtf are you talking about? she said "no never" so where do you get the facts behind your statement "Well you did experience them, you just didn't let that experience dominate you."
    whaaaaat???????

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TFan

Well you did experience them, you just didn't let that experience dominate you. In the words of Bob DeNiro 'That's why you are who you are".
    I dont know where he is getting his facts Jen to be honest!

I said No. Ive NEVER experienced them. If I did I would have sued them a long time ago dont you think? Discrimination for housing because Im a transexual wont sit well with me dontcha think?!?

And to be more factual, Back when I first had my 1st apt. The name I used was my boy name therefore when I got interviewed for the apt. application the housing manager and staffs "knew" that I was a "T". I wore a long flowing printed skirt and a matching top and that did not hinder nor stopped my application to be approved on the spot and I moved in 2-3 days later. None of the neighbors knew either. Otherwise, it wouldnt explain nor justify the bulk of messages guys slipped under my door steps IF they knew I was a transexual. So there! There was NO PREJUDICE about having a third leg right there TFan.

So I hope that cleared up things for ya!

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol