Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Gold Poster

The last episode I saw last night was also one of my favorites. Here is the story ("The Gift") in a nutshell:

A human-looking alien crash lands outside a village, and accidentally kills a police officer during a struggle. He is wounded by the other police officer during the aforementioned struggle, and is now feared and wanted by the authorities. The alien later resurfaces and staggers into a local bar and collapses. A local village doctor removes the bullets from him. While recovering from his bullet injuries, he befriends a young boy who resided at this bar. While recovering, he gives the boy, Pedro, a gift. He says he will explain the gift later. The unscrupulous bar owner reports the alien's whereabouts and the alien is cornered trying to escape. As he is cornered in front of a frightened and hostile crowd, he pleads to Pedro to show them the gift, but they grab it from him and burn it claiming it is the devil's work. The trigger happy soldiers shoot and kill the alien. The doctor reads what's left of the burning gift(book). It says, "Greetings to the people of Earth. We come... in peace. We bring you this gift. The following chemical formula is... a vaccine against all forms of cancer..."

Courtesy of the following site:

http://tzone.the-croc.com/

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    The last episode I saw last night was also one of my favorites. Here is the story ("The Gift") in a nutshell:

A human-looking alien crash lands outside a village, and accidentally kills a police officer during a struggle. He is wounded by the other police officer during the aforementioned struggle, and is now feared and wanted by the authorities. The alien later resurfaces and staggers into a local bar and collapses. A local village doctor removes the bullets from him. While recovering from his bullet injuries, he befriends a young boy who resided at this bar. While recovering, he gives the boy, Pedro, a gift. He says he will explain the gift later. The unscrupulous bar owner reports the alien's whereabouts and the alien is cornered trying to escape. As he is cornered in front of a frightened and hostile crowd, he pleads to Pedro to show them the gift, but they grab it from him and burn it claiming it is the devil's work. The trigger happy soldiers shoot and kill the alien. The doctor reads what's left of the burning gift(book). It says, "Greetings to the people of Earth. We come... in peace. We bring you this gift. The following chemical formula is... a vaccine against all forms of cancer..."

Courtesy of the following site:

http://tzone.the-croc.com/
    I saw that as well. Kinda Sad because the Moral of the story was that "We fear something we dont understand"

I also love:

1)I sing the Body Electric-Bittersweet Episode.

2)Deaths Head Revisted-SS Guard revisits a Holocaust Site and is put on trial by his former victims.

3)Obsolete Man-Facism is a intresting subject

4)Number 12 looks just like you-In the Future everybody looks teh same but this one girl refuses to get the surgry done to her.

5)Probe 7 and out-Astronaut Crash lands on a planet and meets another astronaut that crashed landed on her palnet. Her name is eve.

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LeoraMoore
    I had every single episode on my 500GB hard drive. The one that fell to the floor and broke, lol.
    You should be be banned to the Twilight Zone for this horrible act.

Well, I love all episodes. My favorite one is the episode where some guys land on a planet and everything stands. All humans are standing like dolls but only only one man is alive. The whole planet is something like a museum and he´s collecting corpses and reconstructing the past life on earth by killing people .... the guys that landed on that planet got poisoned in the end and also became "dolls" ...... I don´t remember the title of the episode.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

lots of favs but two stand out for me:

1. a girl goes missing in her own home. her parents can hear her crying, they can talk to her, but they can't find her! their physicist friend figures out that she fell through an inter-dimensional portal. this episode sparked my early interest in relativity...i looked up and read everything a young child could understand about higher dimensional geometry, relativity and spacetime.

2. aliens land outside a small town. without letting their presence be known, they were able to stir up distrust and suspicion among the humans just by manipulating whose house or whose car had lights and power. In the end people were rioting and killing each other. When it was written it was probably a comment on cold war mania and mcarthyism. it applies very well to our modern fear mongering as well.

Default Bye-bye, thread!

I enjoyed the one filmed from the perspective of a 'hideous mutated freak.' Very post-modern, but a few decades early.

Having said that, I'm wishing this entire thread into the cornfield because it's started to bore me.

Gold Poster

Default Re: Bye-bye, thread!

Default Re: Bye-bye, thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyTwo
    I enjoyed the one filmed from the perspective of a 'hideous mutated freak.' Very post-modern, but a few decades early.

Having said that, I'm wishing this entire thread into the cornfield because it's started to bore me.
    That would matter if anyone cared but who the fuck are you anyway no seriously who are?
    I'm the one everyone throws a shitfit about when they don't get the joke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_a_Good_Life_(The_Twilight_Zone)

Don't feel bad, though-- I'm used to it. And that's 'seriously who are.'

Gold Poster

... Jaysus. Y'all are having me relive many great episodes.

And, Skytwo, once you mentioned cornfield in this context, I knew exactly what you were referring to.

Keep the memories going, y'all.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trish
    lots of favs but two stand out for me:

1. a girl goes missing in her own home. her parents can hear her crying, they can talk to her, but they can't find her! their physicist friend figures out that she fell through an inter-dimensional portal. this episode sparked my early interest in relativity...i looked up and read everything a young child could understand about higher dimensional geometry, relativity and spacetime.
    The movie "Poltergeist" stole that idea.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar