Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Default Who or what's your avatar and why?

yes, it's that time of the week to ask the always scintillating and intriguing question..."who or what's your avatar and why?"

i'll begin...because, well, i started the goddamned topic.

it's me. and i have no clue why. it's kinda' like a buddhist avatar. it just is. whoa...deep, man.

Professional Poster

Back in college I spilled some liquid on a piece of paper and it made the ink bleed all over the page. I thought it looked neat, like a kanji or something, so I scanned it and turned it into a gif in photoshop. Now it's kinda like my logo. And that's the story of my avatar. YAY!!

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Even though he has a few years on me, i associate with the character.
    I was very like that at one time - I'd tell long, drunken, rambling stories that nobody could understand.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    Even though he has a few years on me, i associate with the character.
    I was very like that at one time - I'd tell long, drunken, rambling stories that nobody could understand.

haha! i just watched that. reminds me of me many years ago as well. i bet you that you and i hung out and had some fascinating discussions.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by youcancallmeclaire
    Back in college I spilled some liquid on a piece of paper and it made the ink bleed all over the page. I thought it looked neat, like a kanji or something, so I scanned it and turned it into a gif in photoshop. Now it's kinda like my logo. And that's the story of my avatar. YAY!!
    A personal logo...nice.

Gold Poster

I am lust with the woman in my avatar - I find it HILARIOUS that I still get PMs from dudes thinking that I am her, lol.

Free your mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Star Poster

Default Re: Who or what's your avatar and why?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupwithat
    yes, it's that time of the week to ask the always scintillating and intriguing question..."who or what's your avatar and why?"

i'll begin...because, well, i started the goddamned topic.

it's me. and i have no clue why. it's kinda' like a buddhist avatar. it just is. whoa...deep, man.
    Well, e, you know who the guy in mine is and why I picked him For the benefit of the other members, that is Lou Reed, the groundbreaking musician who was a member of The Velvet Underground and who wrote the song "Take a Walk on the Wild Side", which mentions some of the famous transsexuals of the '60s and '70s.

My previous avatars included several gorgeous transgirls, but I got tired when members PMd me asking me for a date and calling me Lola because they had misread the lyrics of the Kink's Lola that formed my sig, Dr Evil, a weird frog, a dancing Maoist girl (well, guyone said she was a Maoist) and a margarita cocktail.

I don't have my own pic in my avatar. But a select few on these boards have seen how I look.

To Jericho (very, very drunk): The Fast Show was one of the best sketch comedy series ever made.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Why?!? Why?!? ...Fat Johnny Depp

Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

I picked mine because it's simple and has a certain ascetic quality, both of which suit me well.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupwithat
    haha! i just watched that. reminds me of me many years ago as well. i bet you that you and i hung out and had some fascinating discussions.
    I wouldn't be surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    To Jericho (very, very drunk): The Fast Show was one of the best sketch comedy series ever made.
    Yes, i'm discovering that, thanks to youtube.
    I've only vague memories of it when it was originally aired.

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!