Thread: Salvation

Default Salvation

JOHN 3:16-17 AMP

For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever
    believes in (trust in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
    (17) For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge [to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on] the world, but
    that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.

ROMANS 3:23 AMP

Since all have sinned and are falling short of the honor and glory which God bestows and receives.

ROMANS 5:8 AMP

But God shows and clearly proves His (own) love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Jesus Christ (The Messiah, The
    Anointed one) died for us.

1 CORINTHIANS 1:18 AMP

For the story and message of the cross is sheer absurdity and folly to those who are perishing and on their way to perdition,
    but to us who are being saved it is the (manifestion of) the power of God.

Platinum Poster

fuck off with that jesus-spam!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Since we have all sinned????

Speak for youself...Godspit!!! I never fucking sinned in my life!!! It's all that bitch's fault...what's her name...Eve, yeah Eve...it's all original sin...I'm sure I didn't any.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Default Re: Salvation

Quote Originally Posted by thetruth777
    JOHN 3:16-17 AMP

For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever
    believes in (trust in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
    (17) For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge [to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on] the world, but
    that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.
    Yeah, but three days later, he took him back no worse for wear. As for the ROMANS and CORINTIANS posts....they were Savages and he was talking down to them.

PS I love the way you editorialize the scriptures with parenthasis (sp) ().
    How many times has this been done since they were written.

The original writting was:
    "God sent Son, so the world be made safe and sound through Him. And slow the primatives from beating the piss out of each other till their brains grew into their bodies." FRED THE INTELLIGENT STONE CUTTER, SLAB 1 OF 1