Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default People who post without reading piss me off!

So someone posts a new topic (kinda like this one) and maybe asks a question or makes a statement. And then somebody replies to him. Then, two posts later, some other guy gives the exact same response, ignoring the fact that the question has already been answered or that the point has already been made. For fuck's sake!

And so, a few posts later, someone else makes that same point again. Instead of considering the fact that a specific point has already been made, this person chooses to ignore that point where he or she could simply say "I agree with -------" and move the conversation on. So instead of a debate, you end up with what appears to be a bunch of talking heads endlessly spouting the same rhetoric. For fuck's sake!

Also, in some cases people will read only the first page or the last page of a long thread, ignoring what was said in the intermediate page or 20 pages or whatever and repeat things that have already been covered. For fuck's sake!

It's happened many times before and it'll happen again. People just don't bother to read a thread properly and engage in a conversation. They are more interested in saying what they think without any concern as to whether it's been said several times before and covered to the point of exhaustion. To this, also, I say: for fuck's sake!

This is as bad as trying to bump up one's post count by simply adding the word "LOL" or a smiley to every single new thread while offering no actual words on the subject. It is almost as bad, in fact, as making 5 new threads on the same topic after each one in turn goes unanswered (and that has actually been done- for fuck's sake). It is almost as bad as not bothering to check if a subject has been done to death before creating a new thread. To all those who ask "Am I gay?", I say "Who gives a shit? Shut the fuck up! For fuck's sake!"

Maybe you agree, perhaps you disagree. Maybe you've been guilty of all this and perhaps, on occasion I have too. When I catch myself doing it, I am angry at myself, and pull my hair out (which takes time, because I hate going for haircuts and my hair expands to fill the space available- for fuck's sake!).

Either way, I hate trying to keep up with a thread when I have to go through several pages of repetition and smileys just to get to the point.

(By the way, as you will have noticed, I am very much "into" using the expression "for fuck's sake" today. It is my favourite expression for today. You may be getting tired of it already. If so, you will understand how I feel when I have to wade through 20 pages of repetitive bullshit each time I want to understand what the fuck is going on. For fuck's sake!)

In any case, I love you all. Well, I like most of you, anyway.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Shave yer head.
    Buy a wig.
    Take a pill.
    Problem solved...For fucks sake! :P

[dam, i shoulda just put "LOL"!]

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jericho
    Shave yer head.
    Buy a wig.
    Take a pill.
    Problem solved...For fucks sake! :P

[dam, i shoulda just put "LOL"!]
    I'm having a haircut on Friday...because my hair is so big I can't fit through doorways...

But you do agree with me, don't you? I mean you've seen it too. Isn't it time consuming to have go through all the crap just to read a post where someone actually says something new rather than something that's been said over and over and over again?

At least we don't have to wade through a squillion new polls a day anymore- maybe somebody took a hint. I mean, what was that, for fuck's sake?

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LG

But you do agree with me, don't you? I mean you've seen it too. Isn't it time consuming to have go through all the crap just to read a post where someone actually says something new rather than something that's been said over and over and over again?
    Yeah, i know what you mean.
    It's tiresome sometimes, but, what can you do....?

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

LG...It happens, what is a professional poster to do??? Usually, if I come across a thread that's a stupidity redo, or an irrellavent post within a thread...I really start fuckin' with them. I can tell you this, after 26 years in the Navy and 11+ years in the car business, 90% of the human race are a bunch of moron sheep ( regardless of formal education level). Just a bunch of non-observant, bull-in-a-china shop, stupid, mother fuckin' assholes!!!

There...Now you know how I really feel!

Corvettedude

Junior Poster

LG, you could shave your head, purchase a wig, take some medication. Problems solved...for crying out loud!
    I hate it when people ignore previous posts or say the same shit. That's just so rude and stupid.

Professional Poster

LOL

My witty signature.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

Hey, it happens. What can ya do? Shave your head, take a pill, join a cult. Besides the obvious explanation (people just aren't bothering to read before they respond) another possibility is that even though some people have no new point to make, they would like to confirm someone else's point...stand behind it in solidarity as it were...adding to it's number of supporters. Such a poster also gains some personal satisfaction from having said something in support of their own point of view, even though if it was already expressed.

Junior Poster

Default Re: People who post without reading piss me off!

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    In any case, I love you all. Well, I like most of you, anyway.

Looks like you missed a "For fuck's sake!" there In all seriousness, though, I agree with everything you said and enjoyed the way you said it.

I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence-- Frederick Douglass

Junior Poster

LG
    I agree with your post, although I think you could have used term 'for fucks sake' a few more times. I think you missed an opportunity to use it when you were telling us how you loved or liked all or most of us.

But seriously, I am in acquiescence of what you said, and I was delighted by the manner in which you said it.