View Poll Results: Are you sick of kindergarten behavior?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm geared towards High School behavior

4 57.14%
  • No, but I call dibs on the swings

2 28.57%
  • I'm tellin your MOM!

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CHRIST!!!

Default CHRIST!!!

Hey, it's the politics and religion forum so I figure I can title this thread that way.

Anywho.... grow the hell up.

Chronological age is no indication of maturity.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

(shuffling and looking down at my feet) I'm sorry. I'll try to do better. But he started it!

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Unfortunately, you don’t offer anything in the way of an actual working, untried solution. After all, you yourself stated the following:

Quote Originally Posted by insert_namehere
    At the end of the day, the constant anomaly of W_M_C and HA strikes me as one wherein he either has a case of self-loathing over his regard for TGs and works it out by setting up other folks as punching bags, or he joined this outfit knowing that there were plenty of buttons to push.
    That is an accurate depiction of the dynamic long present in the P&R forum. With reference to WMC, civility has never worked for anyone. A coordinated effort to ignore him only resulted in greater attacks and provocation from said party.

Since nothing else works, this is all that’s left until we eventually get banned. Seriously, if you think I’m going to just sit around while this guy blather’s about me endlessly – when I’m not even here on the P&R forum – and creates fake accounts in an effort to characterize myself and other posters as any manner of things he himself has been shown to be, you’re just being naïve and unreasonable (this filth even mentioned my wife).

Like I said, this goes until we both eventually get banned. Now, I shall not stop at any point – ever. Given that I work online, from home, at all manner of odd hours, this effort takes very little off of my back anyway.

Respectfully,
    -Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

5 Star Poster

Quinn, my friend:

The only working solution is to ignore those who try to work us up. Sure, it's difficult, especially when someone attacks you with name-calling, baiting you by referring to a condition you might have and mentioning your wife, but these last two-three days have been still more futile than any other way I can think of.

You'll say we tried it the last time, when I suggested it. It didn't work. But maybe we should have stood our ground and not have been sucked in (and I am as guilty as anyone else).

It used to be that flame wars flared up but we could still have a debate like sensible people every now and then. Now it's worse.

I understand where you are coming from entirely and can see why you are angry, but I wanted to walk away from it all. And I can't now...we are all in this together it seems...

It may not take up your time to continue this war, but with every post you read, every post you make, every little bit of filth someone makes up and every dirty personal epithet you and all of us get called, doesn't it make you feel a little icky? Reading some of those posts, looking at those screen captures made me feel that way.

It's too late now perhaps. So sad...I didn't want things to come to this...

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

"A bad peace is even worse than war."

-Tacitus

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Professional Poster

A Pyrrhic victory is a victory with devastating cost to the victor. The phrase is an allusion to King Pyrrhus of Epirus, whose army suffered irreplaceable casualties when he defeated the Romans during the Pyrrhic War at Heraclea in 280 BC and Asculum in 279 BC. After the latter battle, Plutarch relates in a report by Dionysius:

“ The armies separated; and, it is said, Pyrrhus replied to one that gave him joy of his victory that one more such victory would utterly undo him. For he had lost a great part of the forces he brought with him, and almost all his particular friends and principal commanders..."

What's the cost Quinn? I don't disagree with some of WMC's positions, but I abhor his tactic of scorched earth debating ( in bold none the less). I, as LG suggested, do not respond to him. True, he has gone to extraordinary lengths to bait you, but he just wants to bring anyone down to his level. This, and he, are beneath you. Let it go.

"To be angry is to revenge the faults of others on ourselves" - Alexander Pope

Alright Then.

Trotskyites.

John Ellis Bush in 2012!

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by guyone
    Trotskyites.
    You do realize that by calling us Trotskyites you are clearly agreeing that we are not Stalinists? (Trotsky vehemently opposed Stalin but his writings on the matter were mostly suppressed by the regime). That said, I am simply a liberal (no "isms" on that). See here: http://www.bartleby.com/130/

Secondly, I'm sure you actually agree with me in part. Which is why you're doing your best to stay away from this whole mess of flaming (and I must say you're right for doing so).

We used to have some good debates here once...sure we argued, but it was never like this. On the way, the two of us learned that though we disagree we're not that different and we both have a right to say what we believe on the issues, but should keep away from personal attacks. Such attacks never solve anything.

Despite our differences, I think you will agree with me on this point at least. Oh, and we both agree that that dancing Maoist babe is pretty hot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oli
    A Pyrrhic victory is a victory with devastating cost to the victor. The phrase is an allusion to King Pyrrhus of Epirus, whose army suffered irreplaceable casualties when he defeated the Romans during the Pyrrhic War at Heraclea in 280 BC and Asculum in 279 BC. After the latter battle, Plutarch relates in a report by Dionysius:

“ The armies separated; and, it is said, Pyrrhus replied to one that gave him joy of his victory that one more such victory would utterly undo him. For he had lost a great part of the forces he brought with him, and almost all his particular friends and principal commanders..."

What's the cost Quinn? I don't disagree with some of WMC's positions, but I abhor his tactic of scorched earth debating ( in bold none the less). I, as LG suggested, do not respond to him. True, he has gone to extraordinary lengths to bait you, but he just wants to bring anyone down to his level. This, and he, are beneath you. Let it go.

"To be angry is to revenge the faults of others on ourselves" - Alexander Pope
    Oli, I appreciate your feedback and your posts as a whole. Anyway, your post assumes that I'm looking for victory. It's an erroneous assumption. My goal is something different as I no longer care much whether I'm here afterward or not.

-Quinn

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Oli, I appreciate your feedback and your posts as a whole. Anyway, your post assumes that I'm looking for victory. It's an erroneous assumption. My goal is something different as I no longer care much whether I'm here afterward or not.

-Quinn
    Let me put it this way, Quinn. Even if you don't care, I do. Most of us here, do. You know I enjoy reading the majority of your posts, often find you witty and funny, like to hear about what's going on in your life when you give us a glimpse of it and appreciate having you as just about the closest thing one can have to a friend on a forum such as this- you are one of very few I have exchanged PMs with. Most of us do not want you to be banned. Most of us do not want to see you leave. We want you here, for our own selfish reasons perhaps, because you add a great deal to these forums with your ideas, insight, opinions and humour.

Engaging in a flaming war isn't what you should be doing. You are above all that. Letting yourself get so worked up against someone who is trying to do just that is a waste of time, like mud-wrestling with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig enjoys it.

I was hoping that WMC would come to his senses and realise that he shouldn't be stooping so low. I think that you should keep your head high and rise above it and I know that you can.

respectfully

LG