Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Objectionable material - your advice.

Ok just had a fetish set come in and looking for your advice.
    The model is wearing a cross on her right arm (see pic).

Now I'm probably not hip enough to get what it means as I have seen people wearing this but wasn't this a nazi/world war 2 symbol also? (Let's not start a discussion how the swastika was stolen from a Christian symbol which in turn was stolen from an older Asian symbol please).

What I want to know is...is this symbol in the context of this set offensive?
    Your opinions on this subject only, if you please.
    thanks
    seanchai
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angelica045_758.jpg 
Views:	5174 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	22439  

Veteran Poster

Well im not offended by it but that might be because I really just think its a regular cross. It doesnt look like a swastika So more power to whoever wears it.

Randumb Intelligents!@_@!

Rookie Poster

It's an Iron Cross. Germans used it on medals and other military indicia in WWII. I'm not offended, but I can see where people would be.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Default Re: Objectionable material - your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    What I want to know is...is this symbol in the context of this set offensive?
    no. the iron cross was popularized by hitler but i don't consider it the same as swastika.

Junior Poster

That symbol is mostly just trendy now. Lots of people use it (West Coast Choppers, the wrestler Triple H, some band used it as their logo, and a couple of others i'm forgetting)

"Rice is good when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." -- Mitch Hedberg

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

That's it The Iron Cross!
    Thanks - anyone see that movie with James Coburn - an early Peckinpah I think.
    seanchai

Junior Poster

Default different meaning in certain subculteres

this is an iron cross

awarded in nazi-germany for as a medal of honor kinda thing. altho one has to say a lot gi`s took them with em when returning to the US as an artifact that showed they have defeated the enemy and made it popular among 1950/60ies biker gangs-the same goes with californian surfer subculture. me as a big fan of b-grade movies (roger corman style) has to say in a lot of those biker movies from 1965-1975 u can spot those crosses on a lot of the characters (even in "born to be wilrd" i think)....

on the other hand i suppose it is popular among nazis for obvious reasons. still its hard to imagine a nazi-tgirl.

Junior Poster

ooops the movie was "Easy Rider" of course

Junior Poster

Default Re: different meaning in certain subculteres

Quote Originally Posted by steeveX
    this is an iron cross

awarded in nazi-germany for as a medal of honor kinda thing. altho one has to say a lot gi`s took them with em when returning to the US as an artifact that showed they have defeated the enemy and made it popular among 1950/60ies biker gangs-the same goes with californian surfer subculture. me as a big fan of b-grade movies (roger corman style) has to say in a lot of those biker movies from 1965-1975 u can spot those crosses on a lot of the characters (even in "born to be wilrd" i think)....

on the other hand i suppose it is popular among nazis for obvious reasons. still its hard to imagine a nazi-tgirl.
    Very true. I don't like it personally, but that's because Chicago Skins (Skinheads) wear them alot in my suburbs. For the most part people don't look at it as offensive...no big deal.

I'm not a businessman,
    I'm a BUSINESS MAN!

Rookie Poster

Default offensive? are you crazy?

where is this coming from?
    you and i both know that there are a LOT of people offended by what you have on the site now. do we give a hoot?
    why are you worried about what offends who/m?
    and if they are, SO?
    she's a real person with real art on her arm.
    for most members , who looks at that "arm' anyway?
    please! i thought that you would be the LAST person worried about what is offensive.
    to paraphrase a popular song a few years ago, " It's like that, and that's the way it is!'