Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hormone Help

Junior Poster

sorry! sheesh i try to make a little joke here...

however i should have put a little thank you in there...

5 Star Poster

Whatever you do, get started sooner than later. You're still young enough that you "might" see some really cool stuff come out of hormones that you won't see 2-3 years down the road. Unfortunately your boney structures are already pretty well set by 18, but you still have an evolving body fat distribution.

I have a friend that uses these cool injectables. She has had remarkable results with them.

Junior Poster

im a late bloomer actually, still aint having to shave every few days, more like once every 2 weeks, but its gonna kick in soon which is quite handy...

i think i have the right frame too, and i've heard that hormones make you thinner, and im only 55kg, and a size 8 dress, which is i think 4 in US? not sure but that is just me dieting cos i do look after my body, just dont exercise! lol

Junior Poster

Before going on hormones you should consider having sperm frozen/stored if you ever contemplate children.

After about three to six months on female hormones, males become sterile and it is usually permanent. Sometimes if you come off the hormones in less than a year sperm count returns to normal or is low, but you still run the risk of having fertility problems. Certianly after years of hormone therapy you will be barren.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Star
    After about three to six months on female hormones, males become sterile and it is usually permanent. Sometimes if you come off the hormones in less than a year sperm count returns to normal or is low, but you still run the risk of having fertility problems. Certianly after years of hormone therapy you will be barren.
    I don't profess to be an expert on this but I'm pretty sure you're way off mark. I've known TS's after being on hormones for years come off and even have children. I've never read any literature which states that it would make sterile permanent? Where did you see that?
    seanchai

Junior Poster

It is a well known and researched fact that taking female hormones in dosages to induce chemical castration will make a transexual sterile. Look it up on the web, read medical journals, as a doctor.

It is possible thouhg, to be on hormones for years and not be totally sterile, just have a low sperm count. That is sperm count so low a man's chances of fathering a child would be low, but as they say, it only takes one.

As for your "friends", cannot comment as I do not know the circumstances around their hormone dosage. Were they taking hormones under a doctor's care and designed to reduce if not surpress totally male hormones? Just taking hormones off and on for a period of months or even years will probably not cause male infertility. Many girls without medical plans and or access to good health care take hormones whey then can get them. Also if funds are not steady, some girls may have to do without.

Again, you can read about this on the Internet, or many books dealing with transexuals, and or medical books.

SS

Junior Poster

shining star,

i'd much prefer adopting children, it's happened to me, and it's a good deed in life. why bring more into the world when theres already a lot suffering?

just what i feel necesary to do though...