Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Michael Moore, liberals and real power

Hi, I haven't posted on here in a while, but the SICKO film threads got my attention. It always shocks me to see a good number of reactionary, jingoistic types on a board that you'd think would be filled with liberal minds. That's cool, though. Democracy.

To the superpatriots who see guys like Michael Moore as anti-American propagandists, all I can do is suggest some good reading:

Read Confessions of an Economic Hitman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Perkins, The Sorrows of Empire http://www.amazon.com/Sorrows-Empire.../dp/0805070044, or any of Gore Vidal's recent dissections of the corporatocracy. This history runs deep: the collusion of big business and shrinking government to keep power in the hands of a few downright tyrannical private interests. Watch Adam Curtis' documentaries, The Power of Nightmares, The Trap ( http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1), and The Century of the Self. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0). Read Naomi Klein's journalism documenting corporate greed and exploitation around the world. Check up on the history of private firms like KBR, Halliburton, Bechtel, Chas T. Main, etc. These aren't household names, but they are the real power in America, not presidents or Congressmen. Increasingly in the last 50 years, elected officials have become little more than facillitators for these powerful crime families while advertising themselves as public advocates. Liars, thieves and killers.

Read some of that stuff, then check it against the vast public record of these crimes, and you'll realize that Michael Moore is an ant fighting elephants. He is nobody to be afraid of, nor to be idly dismissed. His arguments, however crass or overbearing you might find them, are supported by the historical record and his enemies' own words. He's trying to get your attention in the face of power the Romans would fear.

All authoritarian structures use patriotism, public relations, religious fervor and fear tactics to make their populations submit without use of force. When that doesn't work, they kill us. Doesn't matter if its a middle eastern theocrat or an American neocon, all power that sidesteps its responsibility to the people is corrupt; all flags should be burned. That ain't communism talking, that's pure humanism.

Professional Poster

Nice post A-Dog..and welcome back!

White_Male_Canada wrote:
    I like toping Tgirls aka chicks with dicks. I also like being topped by men. Makes me feel like a panywaist after but it feels so good.

Michael Moore Has Serious Questions About 9/11

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...90607Moore.htm

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles..._Questions.htm

The sleeping Giant is awakening

is this the same michael moore who has stocks in halliburton ..lol he he is joke

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by specialk
    Nice post A-Dog..and welcome back!
    Thanks, k.

As for Moore's Halliburton stocks, I'd guess that any outrageous move like that is probably one of his publicity-gathering stunts, like going gun shopping, ambushing a politician with pissed off citizens or sneaking into Cuba for free medical care. His tactics imitate those of the powerful: shock and awe. Or, in some cases, shock and "awww."

The "limousine liberal" argument is probably the weakest and most desperate strategy of the right in absence of facts or reasoned argument.

stillies77

this is why we have a political section.

Great post. I agree with almost everything you have said. A lot of people have not heard about the Becthel Corp, which has former cabinet level officials, in it's employ.

My only point of contention would be that our goverment might be the only force that could fight thier influence. Even though it is not likely. I say that it is essential for the people to fight for agents of change and openess within the goverment. Nothing else can stop their multi-billion dollar deals from the goverment, at the same time as programs to support the poor are called goverment hand outs.

And to all the liberals out there stop reading THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO!

John Ellis Bush in 2012!

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

haven't read that piece of shit since college: ideas of western philosophy.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Quote Originally Posted by guyone
    And to all the liberals out there stop reading THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO!
    Have you ever read the Declaration of Independence? I think that the US was founded on principles that elevated the individual and his rights. Individuals have the right to choose their own form of goverment, etc.
    I'll admit that it has been a long time since I read the document. But I don't recall anywhere where it says that rich people have the right to decide what is best for everyone. That is like building missile defense system for some very very remote possibility of a threat, but average people can't walk the streets at night. I believe that the principle is that all people have the right to determine the greatest good, not just rich White men.

Guyone, you are always calling people names. Is it because you are not able to make intelligent arguments, or understand others? Really want to call you a bunch of names because that seems to be the level of your thinking. But I'll try not to lower myself to your level and just that you are pathetic.