Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Silver Poster

Default Perhaps ye Philistines should cleanse thyselves.

http://the-aids-pandemic.blogspot.com/2007_02_01_archive.html

............"Female to male infectivity was higher for uncircumcised men than circumcised men (.0128 vs. .0051). Uncircumcised men were found to have over a 2-fold increased risk of HIV-1 infectivity per sex act."

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/circumcision.htm

"4]. In addition, the micro-environment in the preputial sac between the unretracted foreskin and the glans penis may be conducive to viral survival [2]. Finally, the higher rates of sexually transmitted genital ulcerative disease, such as syphilis, observed in uncircumcised men may also increase susceptibility to HIV infection [5]."

Silver Poster

What I still find interesting is how the Bible pointed at circumcision for good health eons ago, yet modern day science prefers to scoff at it.

Funny how the word of God can smack you right in the face for disobediance when you least expect it.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX
    What I still find interesting is how the Bible pointed at circumcision for good health eons ago, yet modern day science prefers to scoff at it.

Funny how the word of God can smack you right in the face for disobediance when you least expect it.
    Since when was the bible the word of god? I was under the impression that it was written by a bunch of deluded zealots who thought that some invisible entity had spoken to, or through them. In other words, they were batshit crazy...as you appear to be, slick...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike

Since when was the bible the word of god? I was under the impression that it was written by a bunch of deluded zealots who thought that some invisible entity had spoken to, or through them. In other words, they were batshit crazy...as you appear to be, slick...
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________

It's been established long ago, I think before I got here, that you're on your way to hell chef.

Don't worry,
    I'll do my best to send you some Evian.......a case or 2

Platinum Poster

It's because of the bible-banging american taliban that bush capitulates to(like yourself) that stem cell research is being vetoed again today. If you, or a loved one ever contract one of the many terrible afflictions that stem cell research might help, you may one day come to regret your religious zealotry. But it will be too late.

Silver Poster

Question, as it pertains to this particular topic...

Are you circumcised Chef Mike?

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ARMANIXXX
    Question, as it pertains to this particular topic...

Are you circumcised Chef Mike?
    Answer, as it pertains to this particular topic...

I don't plan on indulging your fascination with circumcision. I find your fanatical christian fundamentalist fixation on the subject to be more than a little creepy, frankly. Maybe you should focus on the real problem, the fact that religious zealots like yourself continue to be an impediment to civilization to this very day.

Regardless what it says in some book or what a few scientific studies may suggest I am not convinced that the practice of forced circumcision for males is justifiable. Many states and hospitals over the years have had policies requiring male babies to be circumsized... to me I take issue with that as a consent violation.

I also find the idea that a parent would modify any physical or visual characteristic of their child without the child's input or consent disturbing... regardless rather said procedure is "reversible"... but I do have some intersexed cousins and am too fimiliar from the extreme of such consent violations; when a hospital and/or parent decides to force their child who is between sexes into one without waiting to see what gender the child has mentally... no one should arbitrarily pick an intersexed child minutes after birth and randomly guess a sex to "turn it into."

IMO forcing a family to cut up the genitals of their offspring on religious grounds is no different from the barbaric practices of forced female circumcision in rural 3rd world countries. I for one think we are or at least should attempt to be somewhat better than that.

Silver Poster

Default Perhaps ye Philistines should cleanse thyselves.

^

I'll get back to you later.

Professional Poster

SarahG, you have put down a lot of the thoughts that I have had on this subject for some time. It amazes me that in a time when you can be arrested for assault for having your hand on a child's arm, a stranger is allowed to cut the genitals of a young child/baby when the victim cannot give any form of consent.
    And before anyone says that the parents give their permission, there was a case in the UK many years ago concerning people who used an S & M club. One man was convicted of grievous bodily harm for using a sword to cut hs friend, even though the friend had given permission. Not quite the same but similar with regard to the permission part.
    I am not circumcised myself, or religious for that matter, but I think that this practise should not be carried out until the child is old enough to make the decision himself. I also don't think that children should be force fed religion when they are young. This is another subject that should be left until kids are old enough to make up their own minds.

An ageing TS lover making up for lost time