Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Guys: Top Ten tips for your Pictures

Hey guys,

First of all, this not meant to hurt ANY of you guys that posted your pics, nor is it directed to any of you. I think you guys are awesome!!!!

My comments here are general comments that I thought I'd share based on getting so many pics sent to me in chat rooms, emails, etc...

If guys are going to send their pic to a girl, why not send a good pic of yourself? First impressions are SO important!!! You can be the greatest guy in the world, but if you send a horrible pic of yourself, she'll never want to get to know you.
    Yes, in a perfect world, looks should not matter (for both men and women) but this world is far from perfect.

I'm not saying guys need to have "glamour shots" nor professional portraits but just some decent, clear pics. Here are some tips. I hope they are helpful. Please take them in the friendly spirit I am offering. BTW, I'm not making these up. All the examples below I've seen at one time or another.

1. General grooming. I can't stress this enough. Don't send a pic that looks like you just got done changing the oil in your car. Take a shower. Wash & dry your hair. Shave, if need be. Comb your hair.

2. Wear a nice, clean clothes. It doesn't have to be a suit & tie (although I personally LOVE that look) but even if it's a casual, outdoor pic, just make sure it's clean and nice.

3. Think about your surroundings. I can't tell you how many pics I've seen where the guy is sprawled out on a couch with a beer in his hand, surrounded by trash and garbage. Looks like he's in a crack house. How sexy is that??? Would YOU want to date him?

4. Please don't send the pictures where there is a silhouette of a girl that you've blacked out.

5. Please don't send the pictures where there is a girl that you DIDN'T black out! lol

6. No hats. No sunglasses. No service. (Know what I mean?)

7. LIGHTS, camera, action! Nobody can see you in the dark. I know that's the point for some guys, but still..... lol

8. We don't need to see every pore on your face, but it's nice to look at someone that's not 5 miles away in the picture.

9. It's best not to send an X rated pic unless asked or you have permission to do so.

10. Smile. Look like you are a fun guy to be with. Don't look like you have 20 bodies buried underneath your house and you are looking for number 21.

Sounds like a lot of work? Well, you only have to do it ONCE to get a good picture! And you can use it over and over again. With so many ways to take and scan pictures now, there really isn't a good excuse not to have one.

Please notice I never mentioned anything about how good looking, how rich, how old, or how in shape you are. But if you have a decent pic, it will make you look THAT much better and increase your chances of success. Isn't that what you want?

Junior Poster

Default Re: Guys: Top Ten tips for your Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeauty TS
    Hey guys,

First of all, this not meant to hurt ANY of you guys that posted your pics, nor is it directed to any of you. I think you guys are awesome!!!!

My comments here are general comments that I thought I'd share based on getting so many pics sent to me in chat rooms, emails, etc...

If guys are going to send their pic to a girl, why not send a good pic of yourself? First impressions are SO important!!! You can be the greatest guy in the world, but if you send a horrible pic of yourself, she'll never want to get to know you.
    Yes, in a perfect world, looks should not matter (for both men and women) but this world is far from perfect.

I'm not saying guys need to have "glamour shots" nor professional portraits but just some decent, clear pics. Here are some tips. I hope they are helpful. Please take them in the friendly spirit I am offering. BTW, I'm not making these up. All the examples below I've seen at one time or another.

1. General grooming. I can't stress this enough. Don't send a pic that looks like you just got done changing the oil in your car. Take a shower. Wash & dry your hair. Shave, if need be. Comb your hair.

2. Wear a nice, clean clothes. It doesn't have to be a suit & tie (although I personally LOVE that look) but even if it's a casual, outdoor pic, just make sure it's clean and nice.

3. Think about your surroundings. I can't tell you how many pics I've seen where the guy is sprawled out on a couch with a beer in his hand, surrounded by trash and garbage. Looks like he's in a crack house. How sexy is that??? Would YOU want to date him?

4. Please don't send the pictures where there is a silhouette of a girl that you've blacked out.

5. Please don't send the pictures where there is a girl that you DIDN'T black out! lol

6. No hats. No sunglasses. No service. (Know what I mean?)

7. LIGHTS, camera, action! Nobody can see you in the dark. I know that's the point for some guys, but still..... lol

8. We don't need to see every pore on your face, but it's nice to look at someone that's not 5 miles away in the picture.

9. It's best not to send an X rated pic unless asked or you have permission to do so.

10. Smile. Look like you are a fun guy to be with. Don't look like you have 20 bodies buried underneath your house and you are looking for number 21.

Sounds like a lot of work? Well, you only have to do it ONCE to get a good picture! And you can use it over and over again. With so many ways to take and scan pictures now, there really isn't a good excuse not to have one.

Please notice I never mentioned anything about how good looking, how rich, how old, or how in shape you are. But if you have a decent pic, it will make you look THAT much better and increase your chances of success. Isn't that what you want?

What a C

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeauty TS
    Don't look like you have 20 bodies buried underneath your house and you are looking for number 21.
    so funny lol

good advice TrueBeauty ....another tip could be:

11. DON'T USE PHOTOSHOP to retouch the picture!!!!

Junior Poster

Glad to know somedoy still likes guys in a suit and tie, makes it worth the effort

Stupidity has saved many a man from madness

Quote Originally Posted by Toro

What a C
    Quote Originally Posted by toro
    if some complete stranger said to me 'Dude, your mullet is scary', one of two things would happen. Either I'd blow right past the comment and not give a shit, or I'd probably take stock of my mullet and say 'You know what? Maybe the 'business up front/party in the back' look isn't cutting it anymore'. But I definitely wouldn't get upset about it
    Talk about thin skinned!! It wasn't even directed at you. she was telling the guys, metaphorically, rethink those mullets. But you didn't blow right past that. Instead you went straight to an offensive insult.

TBTS' post was gentle and gracious and trying to be helpful. I have gotten pics exactly like the ones she describes. I'm sure every other girl here has as well. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a bad picture just says loser and then repeats it 999 times. What's the old cliche, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. If a guy followed her advice, maybe he might have a better chance to make that first date.

Felicia

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt

What a C
    if some complete stranger said to me 'Dude, your mullet is scary', one of two things would happen. Either I'd blow right past the comment and not give a shit, or I'd probably take stock of my mullet and say 'You know what? Maybe the 'business up front/party in the back' look isn't cutting it anymore'. But I definitely wouldn't get upset about it
    Talk about thin skinned!! It wasn't even directed at you.
    and who was talking to you? if you are so thick skinned why do you post after every single comment i make? why can't you let it roll off your back? i could tell you the answer but you wouldn't like it.

TBTS' post was gentle and gracious and trying to be helpful. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a bad picture just says loser and then repeats it 999 times. If a guy followed her advice, maybe he might have a better chance to make that first date.
    I called her a giant 'C' because A) a guy could make a list like this specifically for TS pics (lights? blurrrr?) and you two would jump all over him, B) she actually thinks she is doing guys a service by providing them with this advice, and C) she is a giant 'C'.

She wasn't talking to you either That didn't stop you from insulting her. You call my friend a C, and expect me to mind my P's and Q's? Well, you are SOL, that is not going to happen.

Felicia
    ps
    B) she actually thinks she is doing guys a service by providing them with this advice
    Did you mean service or cervix? LOL

Professional Poster

I called her a giant 'C' because A) a guy could make a list like this specifically for TS pics (lights? blurrrr?) and you two would jump all over him, B) she actually thinks she is doing guys a service by providing them with this advice, and C) she is a giant 'C'.
    Toro, why do you come on this fun and hopefully, informative thread spewing all your hatred? You keep saying that you are such a nice guy, but all you do is hate on people. Proof is in the pudding... let's see you be a nice guy.

Besides, I wasn't even talking to any specific guy here, so if it doesn't apply to you, then skip it.

But it's all good. I'm not going to hate you back.

A) Go ahead. Who's stopping you?
    B) I hope I am, mixed in with some humor.
    C) Sorry you feel that way.

It's too beautiful of a day to ruin it.

To quote my favorite group,
    "All you need is LOVE, lah, lah - lah, lah - lah..."

Junior Poster

She wasn't talking to you either

Felicia
    She was addressing everybody, Excrucia.

if you are so thick skinned why do you post after every single comment i make?
    nuff said

Given the timing of the posts, I will give you the benefit of doubt that your name calling post to me was being composed when Truebeauty's, post, asking you to be the nice guy you profess to be, was coming online.

Peace

Felicia