Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default MySpace Data Used To Catch Seven Sex Offenders

It did not take very long for data released by MySpace on sex offenders to be used in the apprehension of those who are using the site in violation of their parole or probation rules.

The state of Texas announced on Thursday seven arrests which took place over a period of two weeks. The men apprehended had been convicted of the sexual assault of girls as young as four years of age.

Not all were arrested for use of the Internet, which is often a condition of parole and probation for sex offenders. One failed to register as a sex offender in his community, which is another condition of a molestation conviction.

"Texans will not tolerate criminals who prey on our children," Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said in a statement. "These convicted sex predators established online identities on a Web site that is popular with teenagers and children."

MySpace first announced in December a plan to introduce technology that would identify and block profiles of sex offenders using technology from Sentinel Safe. However, it originally cited privacy laws in declining to share the information.

Eight states including Connecticut, Georgia, Idaho, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Mississippi and New Hampshire demanded that the site release the information in May, which the site eventually agreed to later in the month.

cheers

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Junior Poster

it makes you cringe, the fact that they are out there and some will do anything to fulfil(sp) the urge. i am no parent but i am a proud uncle of a 3 year old nephew and 1 year old niece and i find this down right disgusting that they are even allowed to be out in the world. they all need locking up in my honest opinion

i am who i am and nothing more. nothing less

Junior Poster

Default Re: MySpace Data Used To Catch Seven Sex Offenders

sex offender should, umm, die.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unisex
    LOL, these silly ass news post about Sex offenders and Myspace is so comical. It's not as if anything will happen as a consequence. That's why it's all bullshit.
    Sex offenders MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Uni what's good bruh, havent seen you in a month of Sundays

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ