Thread: Michael Cimino

Silver Poster

Default Michael Cimino

Yes, folks, another movie-thread. Iīm sure old (yes, your life is over folks remember ) folks remember the MGM desaster with "Heavenīs Gate" although the movie included many great actors and actresses like Kris Kristofersson, Isabelle Huppert, Mickey Rourke etc.......

The reason why the movie failed in the cinemas in America is that people in America didnīt feel ready to face a fact in American history and itīs really a shame because the movie is one the best American movies in the last 50 years. Ciminoīs most famous movie is probably "The Deer Hunter" that is in my opinion one of the best anti-war movies ever. Itīs not about what happend at the frontline but what happens after. He took just some dudes as examples. I think that Ciminoīs goal was to analyze the American society and he did that again in "Year of The Dragon".

Heīs one of my favourite directors because he belongs into my time. There was a joke in 1998 that he wanted to change his sex (he was the joker) but itīs not true.

His career went down since Year of The Dragon because he always stayed loyal to himself.

Junior Poster

I can't seperate Mickey Rourke from Marv anymore
    damnit sin city was good.

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!
    [he bashes Allen in the head with an axe, and blood splatters over him]
    Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!

Junior Poster

I think the rumors about Cimino's gender issues might be true. Have you seen a recent photo of him? He appears to have had Facial feminisation surgery. He kind of looks like an older Liz Taylor now.

Silver Poster

LOL, he probably failed like Mickey Rourke, just another way.....