Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Senior Member Platinum Poster Prospero's Avatar

Default Re: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?

For me the best is the category broadly defined as classical (from plainsong to Philip Glass and Xenakis, but with a distinct preference for Bach and mozart) , followed by jazz (pretty much the whole gamut - but the best is Ellington through to Pharaoh Sanders, Monk, Coltrane.... john and alice) , followed by folk-rock, followed by classic rock - but my taste is as wide as the sea I'm afraid. I have something like two TB of music on an external hard drive, about 4,000 CDs and a wall of old vinyl from my days as a music writer. About the only music I find it hard to hear is metal, totally manufactured pop, bland MOR and some old country... oh and most rap and hip hop.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Default Re: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?

I mostly agree with your musical preferences; i like classical musica and some opera (Magic flute, Carmen, Don Giovanni...), classical rock, ethno-music, jazz (i find free-jazz hard to listen, i prefer be-bop and jazz-club, something like Keith Jarrett, Charlie Parker, Chet Baker, John Coltrane..), tex-mex, Britishh or Irish folk music and blues. I can't stand to Michael Jackson or Barry White or Earth Wind and Fire....