Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?

I liked writing the title to this thread in caps
    It made me feel loud.

I used the search function, and could not find this topic, which is silly, because it's a pretty fundamental topic on forums, most even have music boards.

LONG THREAD MADE SHORT:
    So, what kind of music do you listen to?

Personally I go for a mix of rolk, metal, and folk.
    I like Ween, System of a Down (how can you not like Daron Malakian's guitar playing?), Faith No More, Sparks, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Aphex Twin, The Offspring, Rammstein (Operatic metal with the best stage show on earth, motherfucking flamethrower helmets!), Dream Theatre, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc.

Music I don't like:
    80's hair metal, rap after 1999, and pop songs that are more products than actual songs.

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!
    [he bashes Allen in the head with an axe, and blood splatters over him]
    Bateman: TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD!

Veteran Poster

Default Re: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?

Quote Originally Posted by General Disarray
    Dream Theatre

Dream Theater, eh? surprised to see that in your list..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sjUKaPBRnsw

Junior Poster

Default Re: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne1
    Dream Theatre

Dream Theater, eh? surprised to see that in your list..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sjUKaPBRnsw
    why is that?

it's a personal statement about the band itself. [raises axe above head] Hey Paul!

Veteran Poster

probably because they are not main stream like most of the other bands you listed......no Tool? or Mindless Self Indulgence>?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=YOyb-fqnN28

Junior Poster

probably because they are not main stream like most of the other bands you listed......no Tool? or Mindless Self Indulgence>?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=YOyb-fqnN28
    Tool is good
    MSI has no talent, they're capitalizing on whiny goth kids to buy their stuff as long as they seem alternative. Crappy techno.

Veteran Poster

Tool is good
    MSI has no talent, they're capitalizing on whiny goth kids to buy their stuff as long as they seem alternative. Crappy techno.
    agree to that.. but how do you perceive system of a down? or offspring?

Junior Poster

Tool is good
    agree to that.. but how do you perceive system of a down? or offspring?
    SOAD has talent, good artful lyrics, great harmony in their vocals and masterful guitar playing. The Offspring just has fun laid back songs to listen to.

5 Star Poster

What do I listen to? Anything I think is cool. I have some 250 CDs and maybe 3-4 Gb of mp3s. Jazz, rhythm and blues, old time rock and roll, heavy metal, punk, hip hop, blues, classical, ethnic and a fusion of two or more of the aforementioned. Off the top of my head, I like the Beatles, the Who, the Rolling Stones, the Kinks, the Small Faces, Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground, the Band, Dylan, the Doors, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Eddie Cochran, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Oasis, Blur, Bobby Darin, Bon Jovi, Guns and Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, The Byrds, Neil Young, CSNY, Buffalo Springfield, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jefferson Airplane, Ry Cooder, The Crystal Method, Faithless, , the Chemical Brothers, Mint Royale, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen, Sheryl Crow, P!nk, Eminem, Public Enemy, Pharaohe Monch and a few more I can't remember right now.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    What do I listen to? Anything I think is cool. I have some 250 CDs and maybe 3-4 Gb of mp3s. Jazz, rhythm and blues, old time rock and roll, heavy metal, punk, hip hop, blues, classical, ethnic and a fusion of two or more of the aforementioned. Off the top of my head, I like the Beatles, the Who, the Rolling Stones, the Kinks, the Small Faces, Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground, the Band, Dylan, the Doors, Elvis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Fats Domino, Eddie Cochran, Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Oasis, Blur, Bobby Darin, Bon Jovi, Guns and Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, The Byrds, Neil Young, CSNY, Buffalo Springfield, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jefferson Airplane, Ry Cooder, The Crystal Method, Faithless, , the Chemical Brothers, Mint Royale, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen, Sheryl Crow, P!nk, Eminem, Public Enemy, Pharaohe Monch and a few more I can't remember right now.
    BASS
    HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?

Junior Poster

im a death metal kid through and through (even tho im almost 30 now hahha) but ive gained appreactiation for all kinds of tunes now from jewel to rancid to morbid angel to poison to the spin doctors to johnny cash to the insane clown posse, basically all kinds of music

p.s. Guns n ROses, The Misfits , HORSE the band, Carcass, Motley Crue etc...

....black rain falls indoors and outside